Professor

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

crazy_cat

I can't wait to get my own copy.

The key questions are when, where, how, and how much?

Nullpunkt

The key questions are when, where, how, and how much?

I agree.

It's a pity that the free download of the 0.9 version has disappeared, though I understand the reasons.

cpt_machine

Only seen the print version in photos but it looks impressive.

Pookie

My own little Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion. I will name him Nigel, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

10449476_10152557710704669_6070602511157

Lisa

Hm, any odds I'd be able to purchase this while I'm in London for WorldCon and don't have to deal with shipping? Cuz that'd be awesome.

PoC

It would be neat but I'm afraid that won't be on the cards. We're currently waiting on external timetables before announcing further details.

Lisa

Well, on the plus side, that means more luggage space.

jorune

Indeed. Assuming it arrives in time for Continuum I may it lug it there for general inspection,

PoC

Well, you beat someone else by 27 seconds! On its way to you now, Chris. First Class.

MoundOfMadness

Have to say, I've been running Masks with 7th Ed, and I've been loving the Companion- especially for whats in all the Tomes, and learning from other Keepers experiences/institutional memory. I recently ran the Cats Cradle adventure and it was the perfect Agatha Christie style break from the normal campaign- really loved it.

Steve

Yay!  Sorry, Case of the Cat's Cradle was my contribution, with a vast amount of prodding from Pookie doing my proof reading.  I'm a little over excited to hear what someone thinks of my adventure.  I'm glad you liked it.

goatritual

How lovely, it's been ages since I've had a gander for promising upcoming publications and I stumble upon this while I'm waiting for MoN 1st ed. to arrive in the mail! The stars are getting rightish. Must be the fact I renewed my patronage last week :8E: Just nabbed a copy of the beta pdf and I'm going to cop a bloody great eyefull :shock: :-D

Professor

I do so hope that if there is a new thread about MONC that this thread will be notified. I'm sure it will.

That way, any notificaiton on this thread will notify me that the other thread with notifications on the new shiny MoNC is now alive.

And now I must lie down in a dark room...

WinstonP

When there is Companion news it will blanket the whole of YSDC.

leetsepeak

So just to make sure I understand: Is there a paid for version of the Companion that's going to be released sometime soon in the future?

By any chance, would the Companion be updated for 7th Edition?

WinstonP

So just to make sure I understand: Is there a paid for version of the Companion that's going to be released sometime soon in the future?

By any chance, would the Companion be updated for 7th Edition?

Yes; we hope to have more news on that soon.  No, we won't be updating it for 7th edition.

PoC

If you're after some news about the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion:

Jorune got a very exclusive copy a few weeks ago (see above), as the final release edition will be published by Adam Crossingham of Sixtystone Press.

After all the work Adam's done on wrangling a 600+ page layout it seemed only fair that his Call of Cthulhu imprint should be the one to publish it. :-)

Adam will be providing more details about how the Masks Companion will be released around the beginning of September.

jcfiala

Adam will be providing more details about how the Masks Companion will be released around the beginning of September.

Did he post about it yet?  It's now the middle of October, and I haven't seen it.

PoC

Not to my knowledge. I imagine Adam will post when he's got more news to share on the project.

Here on YSDC he's Black-Seal-Editor.

Mawdrigen

Hmm may have to get this as I may run the cult through masks after hotoe

Professor

I have looked, but failed to find any info on purchasing the hard copy of MoN Companion

Is it available yet?

Pookie

I have looked, but failed to find any info on purchasing the hard copy of MoN Companion

Is it available yet?

Not yet. You will need to check with Adam as to the number of physical copies that will be available. The likelihood is that these will going to Chaosium where they will be on sale via its website. The majority of the physical copies will be going to those of who backed the Kickstarter or are due a copy for whatever reason. 

Professor

Ok thank you for the information

One last question whilst we're here; are there any plans to bring out MoN for 7ed, and if not, does anyone know if anyone has compiled a conversion document for updating MoN to 7th?

BenJoss

Ok thank you for the information

One last question whilst we're here; are there any plans to bring out MoN for 7ed, and if not, does anyone know if anyone has compiled a conversion document for updating MoN to 7th?

I suspect that Chaosium have got bigger fish to fry right now than any plans for updating MoN to 7th Ed.  I'm about to run it myself and conversion to 7th is fairly straight-forward with very little work required.  The real trick is coming up with 'pushed roll' options.

Not sure if someone has already done this in a more formal capacity for general use.  If they have then I would love to see it.