Professor

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

PoC

As mentioned in post#8, more info as we have it!

Meanwhile, if you'd like a peek at an advance/test print copy, here's one:

monc-a.jpg monc-b.jpg monc-c.jpg

monc-d.jpg monc-e.jpg monc-f.jpg

I said it was a beast. This tome weighs 2 kilograms (4.5 lbs).

The spine is purely ad hoc for this test print (not finalised).

Stoker

Can't wait to get it in my hands !

I loved the 0.9 version :-)

christian

Ok. This means that yeeeeeears after playing it, I'll have to find new players, fresh young'uns like my son, to tackle this beast. Because most of the players of my age I know have been spoiled to death on MoN...

WinstonP

Wow. I was not sure I would ever see it in print. Amazing.

jorune

Is there any chance that this will be available at UK Games Expo or Continuum? If so I would like to reserve a copy.

PoC

We should certainly have the copy seen above available for inspection at UK Games Expo (end of this month).

StephanieMcAlea

I recognise that map! ;)

What do contributor's have to do to get one of these beauties? (I must confess, I havent read the pdf as I can't really concentrate reading a pdf on a screen).

PoC

Steff,

Bret and Adam will be be able to tell you more on that. Drop them a Private Message.

StephanieMcAlea

lol

Lisa

I'm in the USA and will be missing Origins and GenCon. I will, however, be in London during GenCon, because that's when the London WorldCon will be. Any odds of my being able to get one in person? If I do need to do mail order, would it be sent from the UK or the USA?

grodog

As mentioned in post#8, more info as we have it!

Fabulous news, Paul :D 

Is this the thread we should subscribe to for updates on as more info becomes available?

Meanwhile, if you'd like a peek at an advance/test print copy, here's one:

[snipped images]

I said it was a beast. This tome weighs 2 kilograms (4.5 lbs).

The spine is purely ad hoc for this test print (not finalised).

Fabulous! :D :D  I can't wait! :D

Lisa

Meanwhile, my review of MoN for the New York Review of Science Fiction is actually on the front page of the current issue, next to a transcript of a speech by Poul Anderson. I'm still in a happy daze.

cpt_machine

While I'm slimming my RPG collection I can't wait to put this on my shelf.

Pookie

Well, we always knew that it would be a monster of a book, but... whoa!

Thanks for letting us see that. I shall be along to give it a hug at the UK Games Expo. 

PoC

I'm in the USA and will be missing Origins and GenCon. I will, however, be in London during GenCon, because that's when the London WorldCon will be. Any odds of my being able to get one in person? If I do need to do mail order, would it be sent from the UK or the USA?

Unlikely I'm afraid. As mentioned, more details on availability as we have them.

Is this the thread we should subscribe to for updates on as more info becomes available?

Not sure on that one yet. If there is a new thread, you'll certainly see it!

christian

Meanwhile, my review of MoN for the New York Review of Science Fiction is actually on the front page of the current issue, next to a transcript of a speech by Poul Anderson. I'm still in a happy daze.

Excellent, Lisa…. Now you've made me curious

Afraid of the dark

Happy that you've considered print.  Will there be a  hardback?  I've a feeling that due to the weight and size of the book that a softcover, even with care, will lose pages, have spine issues and not last long.

Don't take that the wrong way, I understand it's to see what can be done and drum up interest etc. I think a hardback would cost about £38 to get down in a small batch. That's in Buckram (loads of different colours available). I think that's what I was quoted, with bonded leather being £50.  Genuine leather was £65 (only in red or grey as they had some left over from another job), or £150 if you wanted to choose the (have a  wider choice of colour) for genuine leather and they had 150 colours to choose from. A larger order would bring that price down, but then there would be postage on top. That's the killer For a book of that size, it's just tipping over the 2 kilos weight (not including packaging), so that's Recorded UK £14.85 (which covers you up to £50 insurance), Signed Europe £20.30, USA £31.35 and Japan/Australia £32.85. A real killer, but that's Royal Mail prices, Parcel Force may offer it less, and there's also other couriers. Plus the bulk send and distribution in the actual country.

Don't take the above the wrong way, I'm just being helpful.

Eddy

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of the Masks Companion. It sound incredible and would dearly love to read it but I can't seem to be able to download it for some reason. Can anybody help

Eddy

WinstonP

It was available for download for a time on the site; we've removed it pending an official print release. As soon as we have more news on that, we will definitely be publicizing that on YSDC.

Eddy

Damn...... I seemed to have missed the boat. Oh well, I will just have to buy the thing when it comes out. Any idea when?

Stoker

One more question. Though I definitely prefer reading on dead trees, I cannot help but agree than when working on something, electronic is easier (if only because you can cary everywhere on a tablet). Will the (final) paper Companion be bundled with an electronic version . Or will the differences be so unfathomably minimal than the 0.9 edition should be equivalent ?

DrummerDave

Well, I was just about to go print a copy for myself, but, as a contributor, I could not be more excited for this. Hurrah!

PoC

Will the (final) paper Companion be bundled with an electronic version . Or will the differences be so unfathomably minimal than the 0.9 edition should be equivalent ?

The current thinking is that both electronic and paper versions should be available.

The upcoming MoNC has all the corrected/updated text and maps. The 0.9 version is essentially 3+ years old in form.

The final release will be the 2014 "complete" edition.

Lisa

Yay!

woodnoggin

I took a look at the preview physical copy of the Companion at the UK Games Expo yesterday. That thing is massive, much bigger than BtMOM even. I knew there was a lot to it from the old pdf version but it took seeing it in the flesh for me to realise what a huge tome it is. I can't wait to get my own copy.