Professor

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

Professor

Is the 'Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion' still available for free, if so, where can I get it?

Also, I've got the latest MoN softback, but I'm looking to buy the pdf as well (I find it easier to read on my tablet), so should I buy the Masks of Nyarlathotep pdf or are they going to bring it out again for 7ed?

If they are not re-releasing MoN, is it fairly easy to convert it to 7th ed?

Thanks

dce

You can still download the Masks companion .. go to http://www.yog-sothoth.com/articles.html/_/main/ysdc-15-and-the-masks-companion

If you want to see some higher-res versions of some of the handouts (the one's made by me), you can check out this page: http://cthulhureborn.wordpress.com/portfolio/portfolio-released-stuff/portfolio-masks-of-nyarlathotep-companion/

I haven't heard any plans for a 7e version of Masks in the near future ... I would expect that it would be fairly easy to convert the existing book yourself. Given how many people here on YSDC run this campaign, you may well find someone is already in the process of converting stats for their own game anyway.

Dean (from Adelaide)

Professor

Fantastic!

Thank you very much, and thos docs. look great too!

Professor

Probably a bit of a strange question this but, what do I do with MoNC?

There's adventures in there and handouts, so do you run these before MoN, or do you drop them in as you go along?

WinstonP

As the title says, it is a Companion to the campaign.

Read the article on running Masks and the one about introducing Jackson Elias. Before you start the campaign, read the New York chapter. As you go through the campaign, read the corresponding chapters in advance of play. Other useful bits in advance include Matthew Pook on replacing characters and my comments about tome reading.

Professor

Thanks Winston

WinstonP

Thanks Winston

Happy to help.  I hope you find the Companion useful (and be sure to let us know how it goes!)

PoC

The completed/corrected/updated version of the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion has just been delivered to my inbox.

It looks fantastic.

It is a beast.

It is an epic publication at over 600 pages. Giant "thank yous" and appreciation are due to everyone involved. Adam of Sixtystone Press has done a wonderful job tackling the layout of this great tome.

monc-final-front-cover.jpg monc-final-back-cover.jpg

Obviously the question once again becomes that of the topic title. "Where can I get it?" - we'll have more information on that in a little while as we sort out exactly how we mean to deliver the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion: Bloody Tongue Edition (and provide printed copies).

So do please stay tuned (and allow a little forbearance) as we begin to conclude this seven year project.

Gerall

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed version. Congratulations, all!

jorune

Congratulations to everyone who worked on the Companion. I'm looking forward to hearing how we can get a printed version.

Cearlan

Just to echo the congratulations to everyone involved with this mighty tome. Funnily I was just reading the earlier release day before yesterday - coincidence? We all know there is no such thing ... Are the stars right and HE deems the time is right to unleash this diabolical tome upon an unsuspecting world

;-)

Professor, There will be conversion notes / stats along pretty soon I'd imagine.

cwyllog

Congratulations; was a long delivery but the babies out at last (and not too many stiches needed I hope...)

SJE

Have to say, I've been running Masks with 7th Ed, and I've been loving the Companion- especially for whats in all the Tomes, and learning from other Keepers experiences/institutional memory. I recently ran the Cats Cradle adventure and it was the perfect Agatha Christie style break from the normal campaign- really loved it.

Steve

Pookie

It is an impressive tome, one which as I have said before, is well worth the wait. I would echo Paul's comments and appreciation of all those who have contributed towards this book and count myself fortunate to have been involved.

Truly, the Stars Have Come Right for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion.

Mograg

Hi all,

Is the Innsmouth House Masks Companion statted out for 6th (classic) Call of Cthulhu or 7th edition?

Thanks,

- Mograg

PoC

It is for the current edition of Call of Cthulhu (that is, 6th edition).

Mograg

I eagerly look forward to purchasing a print copy and congratulate all involved with this project who have worked so hard to bring it to fruition.

- Mograg

Mankcam

I think the MoN Companion is brilliant, it has got to be the best free supplement I have come across and it is is certainly a worthwhile read for any GM who is running this glorious campaign.

I had already started MoN when I stumbled across the Companion, and it certainly would have helped me considerably for the New York episodes. Fortunately my London episodes benefitted from me having the Companion as a reference.

Our campaign is on hiatus now while another troupe member GMs another setting, but we will be returning to MoN later this year, and I am constantly reading up on the Egypt chapters from both MoN and the Companion in preparation.

Looking forward to the updated edition of the MoN Companion in the near future!

AirborneXO

I've got to have a copy of this in print to sit on the shelf, I enjoyed working on this project and no doubt will return to masks one day after the London tpk that did for my party!

Cheers, Hal

Afraid of the dark

Obviously the question once again becomes that of the topic title. "Where can I get it?" - we'll have more information on that in a little while as we sort out exactly how we mean to deliver the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion: Bloody Tongue Edition (and provide printed copies).

Yes, I did wonder. When it was said prior that there would not be any paper copies, I thought, ???  As there must be an audience for it.  That's why I posted my prior messages to see if there was support and to get an idea of what that was.  I was of the mind that there could be a contributors copy colour, and then the standard, all of which would be limited, due to the overall logistics and that it was all non-profit. I thought it odd, as the people involved could have their own limited book, exactly how they wanted it, and limit it as per their needs.  Who wouldn't want that!  Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on the forums as I'd already contacted a printer and was waiting for final copy to get something going. No worries though, as it was just tentative with the printer to find out costs, which for a limited book run was pretty reasonable.

CanterburyTail

People keep saying this is free, where can I get it. The only link I can find on here says I don't have permission to download it. Is it for supporters only?

PoC

It was free for a while but with the new final edition on its way the old beta is now only available to Yoggie Patrons.

CanterburyTail

Ah gotcha. Cheers Paul.

christian

I look forward to forking out money for this book when it comes out

Lisa

It'll actually be for sale? As a pdf or print or both? I'm good regardless; just want to know.