PoC

YSDC 5G

PoC

Yoggie is due to be offline for a few hours, sometime after midnight (PST), tonight (29th into 30th) as a server modification is made.

Hopefully this should be the last downtime for a while!

PoC

The chat facility has now been upgraded to 20 user capacity.

PoC

For those consternated by the default sounds, the chat room audio has now been silenced.

Site logins now occur under a secure SSL connection (https://).

Fallingtower

I hate to sound like I'm complaining, but I'm having blurry vision issues from the light, baby blue elements of the new colour scheme. It's too close to the white. 

Any chance of there being alternative colour scheme options (I'm on some other boards that allow for custom schemes)?

Cthanx :8E:

(I still  do love the lil Cthulhu icon...I asked Paul to see if he could snag it from the D20 Cthulhu guys as they were folding their webpage)

PoC

As mentioned further up in this thread, the colour scheme is being worked on. The ones as of this posting are just the default.

Regarding the icon, it's not the same as the old WotC one!

Fallingtower

He's still adorable.

Any hints as far as what the possible new schemes might look like?

Taavi

Hi Paul,

It seems the new site has some "infantilise any rude language" filter built in, because whenever I or anyone else tries to use the common word for excrement, or really low quality, that begins with sh and ends with it, Yog sothoth autocorrects it to "poop". I'm not sure what other colourful language might be autochanged, but can you turn this feature off?

PoC

I'll have a look into it.

In the meantime I'd suggest refraining from using rude language.

yockenthwaite

Any chance we can get transcript back in the chat room? It's incredibly helpful when writing up book club afterwards. Thanks.

PoC

Yes, it would be nice to have the transcripts back. We'd have to change the chat software.

It's something we're looking into. It turns out chat software tends to be either rather poor, doesn't work on computer tablets or costs a surprising amount of money!

Tony Williams

Apologies if this has been brought up before but here goes:

When I click the "View New Content" button is there anyway for the default initial page that is built to be set to "Forums" and "New Since Last Visit" ?

PoC

"View New Content " is context sensitive.

You could bookmark the forums page and then select "New since my last visit" (when I use it, it stays on whatever view/setting setting I used last for "By time period").

Tony Williams

"View New Content " is context sensitive.

Aha. That makes sense now as to the various behaviour patterns it throws at me!

PoC

I've been working on a version of the "Classic" style colour template for the site, something akin to the way YSDC used to look.

If you'd like to check it out, simply select "Classic" from the Change Theme drop down menu in the bottom left hand corner of the site.

There are still some issues (colour of news teaser and shop text etc.), but feel free to give it a try.

Felscor

Not exactly how I remember it but it's still pretty good. Thank you!

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now