qbauer

Raiders of R’lyeh

HomoLupusDomesticus

Is there a site we can refer people interested in the game to?

qbauer

Thank you for the inquiry. Our official site (raidersofrlyeh.com) will launch in a week (but I will make an announcement when it is up). For now, you can point them to our brand new Google+, Facebook, and Twitter profiles.

Lastly, we’ll continue posting updates here in parallel to our blog (Paul or GBSteve, if there is a more proper thread for development updates, please let me know).

qbauer

Conversion kits would be an obvious addition to the game, based on some requests thus far. What other kinds of things would people want to see as potential stretch goals for a project like this?

Regional guidebooks for the 1910s occult world?

A hardcover or full colour "deluxe" version of the main book?

More maps?

More adventures?

Longer equipment lists?

Campaign book?

An online SRD?

Future Roll20 support?

christian

My preference would go to adventures and campaigns, before all else. I love settings, but that take meaning and depth, for me, when characters and possible stotylines are introduced.

I don't need another great setting if it has no adventures to play

ratcatcher
My preference would go to adventures and campaigns, before all else.

+1 Adventures or campaign frames are my preference above equipment lists or extensive background material.

HomoLupusDomesticus

I take it you're also keeping track of the related topic posted about this on TheRPGSite so I won't copy and paste anything I already posted there.

qbauer
I take it you're also keeping track of the related topic posted about this on TheRPGSite so I won't copy and paste anything I already posted there.

Absolutely. Thank you for the feedback.

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Wow this looks awesome. Since I'm no fan of 7th edition, I had thought of doing a CoC "retro-clone" using OpenQuest, Legend or G.O.R.E. but this could fit the bill nicely. Personally I would not include stats for other systems in the main book apart in appendices about converting to other systems but that's juste personal preferences.

qbauer

Following up on our first sneak peek at some of the art from RAIDERS of R’LYEH, here are some more examples of BW and Color illustrations from the game. BW by me, and color paintings by Cliff Cramp. Today, I thought I’d share a couple examples of what Archetypes will look like if we get funded for a color edition. Cliff Cramp is knocking these out of the park, and I can’t wait to show you the full range of Archetypes in a later post...

raidersrlyeh-spots-qbauer.jpg

And a couple examples of Archetypes!

raidersrlyeh-adventurers-ccramp.jpg

HomoLupusDomesticus

Awesome. I really hope we can get a color edition! But if we don't, what do you have in mind as an alternative to the color artwork?

qbauer
Awesome. I really hope we can get a color edition! But if we don't, what do you have in mind as an alternative to the color artwork?

We definitely have plans for either configuration, but the BW work that you see will be in either edition. We are showing just the slightest tip of the iceberg, regarding design and art; future posts will offer more examples of both BW and color. We plan to discuss our strategy and modes of supporting the ruleset as we get closer to the launch.

christian

very cool artwork, great feel for the period, I am intrigued

qbauer

Our home base (which will be going through changes and updates in the next few months) is at: raidersofrlyeh.com. I would also encourage people to sign up with our mailing list, as we plan to release a few surprises exclusive to ‘The Telegraph’ subscribers. Outside of this home base, we will continue posting here (and again, thank you Paul for such a great community). And we now have our social networks up: the RoR Google+ page, the RoR Facebook page, and the project’s Twitter.

HomoLupusDomesticus

Subscribed. Loving the new artwork posted on Facebook.

ratcatcher

Really looks great. Congratulations on all the hard work. Quite impressive.

qbauer

This is an amazing community. Thank you for the generous support on this project. I'll be keeping you guys updated as much as possible as we are busy hammering out revisions on the source book throughout the next few weeks.

cjearkham

Just heard about Raiders from R'lyeh, and in checking to see if YSDC was aware of it yet, I came across this comment which was unanswered until now.

I am not really familiar with Howard's non-Conan stories.

If it's available where you live, The Horror Stories of Robert E. Howard is an excellent collection of all of his weird tales and poems, including a couple from his series characters Solomon Kane and Bran Mak Morn.

Alternatively, the two-volume The Best of Robert E. Howard provides tales and poems from across his work, including Conan and the like, and has some of the same things from Horror Stories.

TMS

Howard's Conan, Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn, Kull, and Turlough O'Brien stories are all connected to the Mythos. Of course, that aside, they're interesting enough to be read on their own merits as well.

qbauer

Thanks for the recommendations, cjearkham and TMS. The Del Rey books, fairly recently published, are great editions (the El Borak collection is especially relevant, but they are all fantastic).

qbauer

Our first teaser. This one is all about tone.

Following on the heels of this post, we will have a lot more news coming up in the next couple weeks: updates to our homepage, as well as a pending development journal. To stay current, you can join our newsletter at our site, and check back here for the latest updates. Our development journal should be up this week (but no later than the beginning of next week). And we plan to have some exciting news to share once it is up. Hope you like the teaser, and if you do enjoy it, spread the word and share it with friends!

*Thanks goes to Andrew Leman for granting us permission to use his font!

Roquefort

This looks excellent. Really captures the mood! I'm looking forward to the release and will almost certainly purchase. I sense a bit of a 7th ed malaise in spite of the kickstarter, so this could neatly fill the void. best, roque

HomoLupusDomesticus

Qbauer, do you think you could put up a couple of downloadable banners in various sizes on the site for people to place on their blogs or forums?

qbauer
Qbauer, do you think you could put up a couple of downloadable banners in various sizes on the site for people to place on their blogs or forums?

Great idea. We’ll try to get that done as soon as possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

qbauer

A lot has been going on behind the scenes, and things are going to really pick up the rest of the month. So, I just wanted to announce a few things that have been happening.

1. First off, keep your eyes on our main site (raidersofrlyeh.com), as it will be going through redesigns and updates this month as we build up the game and announce more details. If you are feeling really dangerous, sign up for our mailing list. The biggest news is that we are launching our design journal this week, and it will have a regular posting schedule of MON and THU each week. Guest articles too.

2. Our site is not just for promotion. We’re going to be using it for something else that I think keepers and players will find extremely exciting, but I won’t say anything more for a couple weeks until we make the big announcement on our blog.

3. To the writers, editors, and play-testers who have spoken with me about working on RoR, I will be getting in touch this month (and possibly going into next month if things get very crazy, which I imagine they will!). Thank you so much to the community here for the support, and for those of you who have contacted me to be a part of the game. I would also like to extend an invitation to other writers who may think they would like to contribute to the project. Some people have contacted me via email (mail@thecipherbureau.com), and others through the private messaging here. Either works, though I will probably see private messages here first.

4. I need a lot of help with promotion. ESPECIALLY this month and going into August. If anyone is moved to spread the word on forums, podcasts, etc. (and some people have already done so and I thank you very much for the generosity), I would be tremendously grateful. But please, if you do, let me know so that I can keep a record of your help with this.

5. Lastly, I’ve been asked if I will be at GenCon, and to answer in brief: I simply will not have time as I will be thoroughly entrenched in the production of RoR in August. However, I would like to know if anyone has ideas about getting the news out at GenCon. Our team has a pretty cool idea for some free collectible RoR handouts, that we still have enough time to produce and ship to interested parties, but we would not be able to do this without a plan for distribution at the con.

Again, thank you Paul and company for the tremendous privilege of this forum. The community here has been incredible!

qbauer

The site is going through some updates, and we’ll be releasing more content soon (cannot wait to share the Character Archetypes, but we are not quite there yet): http://raidersofrlyeh.com/

And we’ve got a blog! It is very young, but we will be building it up fairly quickly. First guest article this Thursday. Development blog is here: http://raidersofrlyeh.com/journal/ and the feed: raidersofrlyeh.com/feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/RaidersOfRlyeh.

Still working on the promotional banners! Those should be up in the next couple weeks.