Gol-Goroth

Island of Ignorance - The Third Cthulhu Companion

christian

Arrived in France today, safely. A hefty tome, easily twice as large as the first two companions. Oscar, your first try is a WIN.

Tristan

Arrived here too, I'll read it after Canis Mysterium - shouldn't be long ;)

Shrike

Arrived today here on Canada's west coast.

I'm still a bit perplexed by the modern distribution network by small press publishers: a book is published in the United States yet us Canadians receive it by airmail from the UK. This is irksome because this inevitably leads to delays and occasional damage suffered by the book in transit (fortunately the latter did not occur here to any great extent).

neorxnawang

Priority mail for a typical softcover book from UK to Canada (5 days or so delivery):  roughly $10 US

From US to Canada: roughly $20.  I could do it for about $6 if you don't mind book rate and having your package subjected to the tender mercies of the mail gorillas for 2-3 weeks or so, but that would not be good.

I live in Cleveland and it would cost me twice as much to schlepp a book in a reasonably safe and secure fashion across Lake Erie to Toronto than it does to do it from London.  And yet USPS isn't so bad on prepaid "one box fits all" boxes that can hold a ream of books regardless of weight.  So you dump all the foreign orders in a flat rate box and then redistribute them from there at the lower postage rate.

You can stick 100 in a box, send them to London, and have London mail them out to EU and Canada for substantially less overall, because the USPS really is that bad on the typical flat padded envelope, even to Canada.

I'm not sure if Osk cares to comment but that's the reality of it.

Shrike

Thanks for the explanation. USPS rates really are ridiculous.

Gol-Goroth

I'm not sure if Osk cares to comment but that's the reality of it.

Wow, what more could I say?  You explained the situation perfectly.

paladin2769

Is it my failing eyesight or are the npc character sheets kinda difficult to read (the ones with Mashed Potato and the other playtest characters)?  I think it is due to the font size in the pdf form that created them, if I had to hazard a guess.

dce

For those tracking the progress of international orders ... Island of Ignorance has reached the Island of Australia.

Dean (from Adelaide)

Afraid of the dark

I made sure I applied for the free scenario, and the E-Mail turned up.  I thought, I'll sort that at some point, but by the time I did, there was only small window of download opportunity.  Any danger of a  second chance?   Great book by the way.

woodnoggin

Still no sign of my copy (UK). I thought they were being sent out from the UK, why's it taking so long?

SJE

Woodnoggin-  I got my copy in the UK a few weeks ago.  perhaps your copy has just been lost in the post. Probably worth contacting the sender.

Steve

woodnoggin

I don't know who the sender is, but I've also posted my query on the Kickstarter page so hopefully Oscar will see it and have some idea.

Woodnoggin-  I got my copy in the UK a few weeks ago.  perhaps your copy has just been lost in the post. Probably worth contacting the sender.

Steve

Afraid of the dark

Got it, knockout, thank you!

Gol-Goroth

Got it, knockout, thank you!

Weird... I JUST PM'ed you about this like 20 minutes ago.   Well and good that it's there.  Sorry for the delay.   Look at it this way,even with getting the book about a month later than other backers compared to most Kickstarters your book is still about a year early....

Afraid of the dark

No, no, no, I received the book rapidly, I was referring to the separate adventure. I put in the code, and the E-Mail I got stated I had to download within 72 hours, but that time had passed by the time that I actually got round to reading the actual E-Mail. Time available, PC problems etc.  When I again went in to your site to the link it basically said I as too late, that's how it looked to me anyway, so I thought, ah, that's that then. I got the impression it was only available for a very brief window. Anyway, downloaded and stored away now.  Thank you for the message, and the time in doing so. 

Pookie

I was able to purchase a copy at Dragonmeet last weekend.

Tristan

I've just finished reading it. I don't have time at the moment for a full review, but my overall impression is very positive. I'll be on board for the next Kickstarter.

Two very good scenarios (Consumption and With Blue Uncertain Stumbling), several nice articles (with Requiem for Shaggai and The Knjiga Mrtva as my personal favorites), and nothing really bad or weak.

Now, on to Tales of the Sleepless City, which arrived this morning. And after that, hopefully, the three books of the French version of Cthulhu 1890.

It's a good time to be a Call of Cthulhu fan!

Gol-Goroth

So glad you liked it

I've just finished reading it. I don't have time at the moment for a full review, but my overall impression is very positive. I'll be on board for the next Kickstarter.

Now there are two things I am really happy to hear!