Gol-Goroth

Island of Ignorance - The Third Cthulhu Companion

Gol-Goroth

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Golden Goblin Press is proud to announce that our Kickstarter for Island of Ignorance - The Third Cthulhu Companion goes live at midnight, Eastern Standard Time! That’s roughly six hours from now. We have an exciting campaign planned, special bonus material and numerous backer levels. There are loads of stretch goals lurking in the shadows, ready to make themselves known when our fundraising efforts get too close.

Come check our Kickstarter page out and see what the project is all about. We hope you like what you see and hear and choose to back out project.
Thank you!

I’ll be posting the link shortly after midnight. See you at the witching hour!

Ia! Ia! Golden Goblin Fhtagn!

post-696-137675646075_thumb.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621718369/island-of-ignorance-the-third-cthulhu-companion

Sorrowking

Its now live guys!

dce

Backed (at the Private Eye level)!

This looks like it will be a great first product from the Goblin! Hopefully the first of many.

Dean (from Adelaide)

MrBlueSky

Backed at NPC. Looking good so far, 5% in about an hour.

christian

Backed at Investigator Level. Come on guys, let's help Oscar and his crew to make this happen. Please note how reasonable the price for posting outisde the US is: 10 dollars. That's awesome.

PoC

Already backed. :-)

hamster

£30 for the book and a bonus PDF with international shipping?

Sold and backed :)

neorxnawang

That's a pretty cool list of authors to choose from to be your "secret scenario monkey." Just sayin' :-)

paladin2769

Backed as a Private Eye. :)

WiseWolf

Backed.

Gol-Goroth
That's a pretty cool list of authors to choose from to be your "secret scenario monkey." Just sayin' :-)

Yeah, I can't WAIT to see who the backers pick and what location, objective, and antagonist they pick.

nickedwardscru

npc photo option is mine!

neorxnawang

Yeah, I can't WAIT to see who the backers pick and what location, objective, and antagonist they pick.

As long as its not that hack Moeller. He's TURRIBLE. :-)

cjbowser

As long as its not that hack Moeller. He's TURRIBLE. :-)

It could be worse. They could pick #1.

Gol-Goroth

From the Kickstarter Page...

The Mystery Scenario - This will be an extra scenario PDF that will be provided to all backers at the Private Eye Level or higher. What will this scenario be about and who will write it? No one knows... yet! All backers who support at the Local Politician Level or higher will get a vote on each of the four key aspects of this scenario: Setting, Antagonist, Objective, and Author! Voting will occur after we fund. The chosen author will write a short scenario incorporating the chosen setting, antagonist, and objective.

The voting choices will be (subject to change):

Locations - 1) Arkham, 2) Kingsport, 3) Dunwich, 4) Innsmouth, 5) A cabin in the woods, 6) An hotel / asylum / hospital, 7) A mine / cavern, 8) A boat / ship at sea.

Antagonists - 1) Cultists, 2) Ghouls, 3) Deep Ones, 4) The undead, 5) A mythos creature, 6) Aliens, 7) An evil artifact, 8) A human lunatic(s)

Objectives - 1) Locate a missing person, 2) Recover an item, 3) Survive, 4)Solve a mystery, 5) Disrupt a ritual, 6) Destroy an object or entity, 7) Capture a fugitive, 8) Shut down a criminal enterprise

Author - 1) Chad Bowser, 2) Christopher Smith Adair, 3) Adam Gauntlett, 4) Stuart Boon, 5) Bret Kramer, 6) Jeffrey Moeller

yockenthwaite

Local Politician level is the only one marked as ships to US only. I might have liked to back at that level. Can I back at it as an international buyer? It does specify the usual addition for shipping outside North America, so I'm guessing the US only restriction is some mistake.

Gol-Goroth
Local Politician level is the only one marked as ships to US only. I might have liked to back at that level. Can I back at it as an international buyer? It does specify the usual addition for shipping outside North America, so I'm guessing the US only restriction is some mistake.

THAT IS A MISTAKE ON OUR PART! I cannot change it on the site because someone has already backed us at that level. You are correct, international shipping is just another $10! International backers can choose the Local Politician level of support and get the physical book shipped to them. I am very sorry for the error.

Oscar Rios

yockenthwaite

Ok great thanks for the speedy reply. Will ponder whether to raise my pledge to that level :)

Tigger_MK4

Perhaps you could add a new level thats the equivalent for non-US and call it "international statesman" or similar ? Might get you around the problem?

Congrats on the support so far, its going well !

yockenthwaite
Perhaps you could add a new level thats the equivalent for non-US and call it "international statesman" or similar ? Might get you around the problem?

Yes agreed, and I made the same suggestion to Oscar by PM.

At the moment it is possible to put in an international pledge at local politician level - I just have - but a bit fiddly, and you have to (wrongly) tell Kickstarter that you will be shipping in the US only. A new duplicate international pledge level could work around it.

Gol-Goroth

Congrats on the support so far, its going well !

Please check out our latest Backer Level - Foreign Correspondent! It has all the same rights and privileges as Local Diplomat but is able to cross international lines with ease! Now everyone, all over the world, can participate in voting for the specifics of The Mystery Scenario!

yockenthwaite

Thanks. Have just switched my pledge to Foreign Correspondent. Also PM'd you (here) re this.

AirborneXO

This looks great nice work Oscar!

Cheers, Hal

Gol-Goroth

Oh behalf of the entire team of wonderful and talented writers, editors and artists, thank you!

This looks great nice work Oscar!

Cheers, Hal

Gol-Goroth

Greeting Golden Goblin Fans!

I am certain many of you have become backers to our Kickstarter campaign and/or helped us spread the word of our project. You have our thanks! The first few days have been really productive as the project is racing towards its funding goal.

But that will hardly be the end. There is so much more lurking in the shadows, waiting to creep out into the light. Yes, I am talking about stretch goals; oh yes, we have them. More articles and scenarios by established mythos authors! More art! Partnerships with other great mythos companies!

Do you want to know more? Keep checking the Kickstarter page and help us get the word out. Golden Goblin Press will announce the first three stretch goals when we reach 80% funded!