G.Roby

Masks of Nyarlathotep - Clue sheets

G.Roby

I'm still waiting for the Companion.. but I made these. Any mistakes?

done: NY, LON

rest will follow in the next days.

I'm using bubbl.us - if someone want's to help me with SH and AUS.

Colours: colourcode.png

Yellow=Handouts // Blue=Themes, Places, Topics // Light Blue=People // Green=Leads to another Country // Red=Important/Chapter "Goal"

New York

London

Cairo

Insanity

Very nice. Is it possible to have a file where you could selectively remove certain clues, so that it could be shared with players so they have a visual reference for potential leads they have? That is something my group is struggling with.

The_Tatterdemalion_King

What's the colour legend?

Lisa

Lovely.

paladin2769

Wow, I wish I had those when I ran Masks. I feel like running it again, if only because of the nifty clue sheets. :)

Do you have them for the other chapters as well?

Afraid of the dark

Ooooh, do more. Those will come in handy. Something like that should be in the Companion, any chance of it being added?

WinstonP
Ooooh, do more. Those will come in handy. Something like that should be in the Companion, any chance of it being added?

No. It is already 500+ pages and if it is not out soonish I have promised to staple a copy to my forehead.

These flowcharts are lovely though.

Afraid of the dark

That's a shame.

G.Roby

Cairo added

JeffOkamoto

Nit: "Nyarlathotep", not 'Nyarlayhotep". Otherwise, very very nice! How about a version especially for B/W printing? Maybe different outlines or shapes?

G.Roby

Nope, sry- http://bubbl.us doesn't offer that. or mail them and ask :D

but everyone can copy these or re-do them. :D

ok I'll correct that error.

Tony Williams

I've always thought published scenarios should include diagrams like this. Well done.

I can't look at Cairo because my investigator is there at the minute!

Lisa
No. It is already 500+ pages and if it is not out soonish I have promised to staple a copy to my forehead.

These flowcharts are lovely though.

I am fine with the flowcharts being an online addition, and I've downloaded the ones available to date.

pozz

Terrific work! I've just printed off New York and plan to use it tomorrow night. Thank you kindly sir.

G.Roby

you're welcome. I'll add the rest in the next days - but today is gaming day! YEAH!

bishop026

Thanks for sharing.

G.Roby

I can't edit the orig posting anymore... why?

------------------

I changed the Key for (B/W) printing - keyrj.jpg

as soon as I finished SH, I'll re-work NY,LON and CAI and add the key.

NEW YORK

LONDON old

CAIRO old

KENYA

AUSTRALIA

SHANGHAI

PoC

It locks down after a few days.

Afraid of the dark

I've noticed that. Likely to stop people editing, then making the future replies not make sense. Really like these, and good for you to have done it. Any chance of the colour guide being added to one of the sheets? That way you'll have it with them, when it's all printed off. shame it cannot be in the companion, I thought it would be quite simplistic to add these in, although I'm clear that I don't understand the full logistics involved in the production of it. I'd have thought that the individual sheets could have been proof read on this forum, especially as people are playing through parts of it even as we speak. I know it's not much, but I'll donate £10 to Yoggie if you do bang them in. Perhaps you could get a gauge from people on here, from a survey, or just replies to this thread, of how many people would like them in there? go on, you know you want to. Don't make me cut up chickens to benignly make you.

G.Roby

Australia added

Shanghai added

LuisDantas

Thanks for sharing, they are certainly nice to have.

However... I hate to be unpleasant, but may I suggest that you would be better off avoiding JPG format except perhaps for final publication? There are some accumulated artifacts in your fine graphs, and I can't help but wonder how nicer they would look if there weren't any JPGs used during your making of them.

Afraid of the dark

I don't understand what you mean, is that a technical thing? I'm not too savvy with that. Is that something that shows if they are printed out?

LuisDantas

Yes, it is a technical thing. Most specifically, it is a JPG thing. JPG is an excellent picture format, but it is suited for some specific purposes and makes some specific choices.

For editing of props it should probably be avoided (PNG, TIFF or even BMP or GIF are far better choices), particularly if they are meant for screens of some kind.

It does show up in the printed media as well, but the effect is (usually) somewhat lessened.

This article explains it fairly well: http://www.scantips.com/basics9jb.html

The bottom line is: avoid saving your pictures as JPGs until and unless space considerations become the primary concern (and even then it is sometimes better to avoid JPG still). Prefer PNG or TIFF if it is not too hard to use them (and it usually isn't).

See for instance the granulation on this zoomed-out detail of our key above. It only exists because G. Roby used JPG for your pictures, probably more than once (JPGs lose quality rather quickly when you edit them over and over again). Had he used PNGs or TIFFs instead, the picture would be considerably sharper (and quite possibly occupy less disk space as well, although that is not always the case, particularly for pictures of real people, places and objects).

3.png

PoC

JPEG format is ideal for the web and that's how they're displayed here in these posts, on the web.

LuisDantas

JPEG is ideal for lots of very important uses, mainly when bandwidth is a major consideration or when the image isn't fully computer-generated.

It is not always the best choice for a forum or web, though. G. Roby would almost certainly have better results with a PNG.