Sign in to follow this  
PoC

QuizziQal - Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Fan Culture Quiz Show Fundraiser

PoC

As some may recall, at the end of last year (2012) we had some fun with a little quiz show we did as part of the The Silver Lodge.

We rather enjoyed it and the response was positive enough that we've decided to do a series of shows based around the same theme,. i.e. Science Fiction/Fantasy/Film/TV/Comics/Weird Science/History etc. you know, the interesting stuff. :-)

To help get it off the ground and cover some of the initial costs I've set up a little fundraiser over at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quizziqal-series-1-support/x/141061

The start of the New Year is obviously not the best of times to start an Indiegogo campaign but it will run for two months (until early March) and any monies we can raise will be a big help. I'm hoping it's something that's got enough legs to carry on (perhaps to the point of live shows/broadcasts/video series - but that's getting far ahead). The initial run would be for six shows.

If this sounds like something you'd like to support then visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quizziqal-series-1-support/x/141061 and take it from there. ;-)

Thank you.

quizziqal-fundraiser.jpg

PoC

A video of the "Winners' Trophy", awarded at the end of the series.

Cthimothy

Brilliant!

lordof1

Wow, great work, Eric!

tgaitskell

Hi Paul,

I've just contributed $50 towards this show, as I found it to be very entertaining.

However, I realise now that it doesn't look like it's going to hit it's target.

What happens then?

PoC

QuizziQal is going ahead regardless, the little fundraiser was just to help with some of our set-up costs!

There's just under 2 days to run if people would still like to help out. :-)

tgaitskell
QuizziQal is going ahead regardless, the little fundraiser was just to help with some of our set-up costs!

There's just under 2 days to run if people would still like to help out. :-)

Hi Paul, That is excellent news! I'm very delighted indeed, and glad I could contribute towards the entertainment. Huzzah!

PoC

Thanks, Tony. We really appreciate the support!

I have outlines done for the first series, Eric is working on additional art for us and things should start getting underway properly after "March into Madness" completes.

What I personally find really nice about the quiz show is that on all the other podcasts all the hosts put a lot of effort into bringing something to the table, so to speak (research/background reading etc.). With QuizziQal they can just bring themselves and have a jolly time as well - which I hope comes through in the "pilot" we did!

tgaitskell

Raising an old thread, indeed, but is there any news or information regarding the show and whether/whenever it will take form?

PoC

Indeed!

I have the quiz questions, the production parts are all set, and now I need to gather the all group in one place at one time to record them (which has proven tricky with dates over the summer).

I'm hoping I can corral the quizzters into one place in the next few weeks.

tgaitskell

Indeed!

I have the quiz questions, the production parts are all set, and now I need to gather the all group in one place at one time to record them (which has proven tricky with dates over the summer).

I'm hoping I can corral the quizzters into one place in the next few weeks.

Excellent news indeed!

Anticipating your nefarious future quizzmastery!

tgaitskell

Having recently listened to the pilot episode again - which is very enjoyable - I was wondering whether this program would ever have legs? I know there was only a few of us that contributed towards the idea of a 'geek-culture-quiz-show' but I truly believe that you may be missing out on a very popular medium, one that can be appreciated by a much broader audience of hobby gamers.

PoC

I think it will actually be fun. It's not been easy gathering the gang together due to long term "real life" aspects of several of the group (that's also kept other things on the long boil).

To get this going I'm simply going to get who we have to hand and get those editions of QuizziQal out!

Lost Sojourner

Looking forward to listening to it on my car ride into Lovecraft Country for a tentacled Thanksgiving!

cjearkham

What is the Mayan glyph on the trophy?

PoC

It is one that I devised. It can be deciphered using a Mayan hieroglyphic dictionary (there are a number available online).

hamster

Is this going to be available on a feed to set up as a podcast?

PoC

It's available on the YSDC podcast feed.

hamster

The Patron feed?

I'm an idiot, found it now!

PoC

Glad you found it!

It's in the public feed that anyone can access.