Sign in to follow this  
CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth VII

Mindstar

First time participating.

Surprise me! I love everything Cthulhu related.

DrDarkspeed

First time participating too!

Only things of relevance I own are the 'Necronomicon: best weird tales' book and The Express diaries. Anything else would be lovely.

ash

I'm in for my 4th year. I'd like something Lovecraft/mythos fiction related or scholarship Joshi related. I have the I am Providence biography and Dissecting Cthulhu.

In particular I would love the record of The Gillman Lounge from the HPLHS if you can't think of anything as a surprise. I'm ok for sourcebooks and monographs for the moment though.

Cheers.

rbiddle

I'm hoping to get in this for the 1st time. I love surprises of any kind!

Dave Glyer

Count me in!

I would love a copy of the Express Diaries or anything from Allicorn.

Last year my Secret Shoggoth surprised me with a Joseph Curwen Junior Chemist Set, which has been put to good use. Although I find the essential salte refills are hard to acquire.

tgaitskell

I'm now in and it's my first time at festive shoggothery.

I'm definately interested in more CoC RPG stuff, though have quite a large collection. I do however, only have a handful of monographs (The Vault, Raising up, The Primal State, Night of the Kachine & Other Stories) so if there's a quality one out there that you think I'd be interested in, that would be fantastic!

I definitely prefer dead-tree to other strange esoteric electronic formats...

PoC

To celebrate Secret Shoggoth 7, Innsmouth House is offering £6 (c. $10) off copies of The Express Diaries until Christmas using the code: ss7

We'll also wrap ss7 orders in special Cthulhu wrapping paper!

cthulhu-gift-wrap.jpg

Thom_Serveaux

Well I'm overjoyed to be participating again this year. I love meeting my fellow Yoggies and getting to play Santa to a great bunch of people!

My wish list? Well let's see. Last year I got a copy of Munchkin Cthulhu, which has been a real hoot.

I'm OK for most CoC sourcebooks and campaigns, but I'd love any of the monograph/adventures. A copy of the Express Diaries would not go unwanted. :) Any of the FFG painted minis for Mansions of Madness would also be dearly loved, as well as any of the HPLHS radio shows, or almost anything mythos related.

I have a sad fascination for Underground Toys Doctor Who figures, for my workplace diaramas. I would love any of the Doctors (except Colin and Sylv, I have those two already), and of the older Cybermen figures, or almost any figure you care to mention.

Whatever you decide to send me will be loved, especially a chance to talk with you.

Cheers,

Tom

CAThompson

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I'm still out in the middle of nowhere and my only rpg buddy left. But I've been good this year, really, I'm writing things and stuch. Anyhow, I would love something like Invictus or some of the other Cthulhu things that have come out in the last three years. I also like pretty and easily transported art/things and long walks on the beach. Oh, and dice, cool ones are really nice, odd ones are good too, sadly I missed the Mayan numbered dice earlier but I do love them and they are hard to get here.

Also, anything you send to me, get a tracking number and make sure to mark as a gift because the Chinese post office is like a black hole except not as neat to study.

And this looks cool:

Though it's over.

DavetheLost

I'm in. I'll definitely send something handmade and may include other gaming goodies as well.

As for my want list, that is wide open. I don't have a lot of the printed material, am into dice, minis, art, fiction, whatnot....

Cthulhu Claws is coming to town....

DrPeterson

Hooray! I made it too!!!

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I value above all the fruits of your creativity, but bar that, some bookish stuff might be grand or some painted rocks from obscure regions of the world. The only papery stuff I've got is 6th edition and Masks, the rest are pdf's (booh!).

Gol-Goroth
Chad Out of Space

I'm in!

Dear The Seventh Secret Shoggoth,

If you are crafty and enjoy making weird stuff with your noisome appendages, you should pick me. If you enjoy shopping for weird Mythos or twisted horror-themed items, I'm the one who will appreciate that, too. Period props of any kind (printed or otherwise), diaries written in Aklo, crocheted Flying Polyp tea cozies, small cryptozoological wonders, bizarre minis, Delta Green dossiers -- these are a few of my favorite things.

However, please ne-worry-pas if time is short and your pseudopods are not up to the challenge! I also love all of the things. An anthology of your favorite weird fiction author? Yes, please. One of Chaosium's monster-themed cycle books? Oui! (I only have the Tsathoggua one). Oh, and any dark audio wondrousness is also a great fit.

Surprise me. I mean that. And I shall be beamish and frabjous no matter what.

DoctorBob

Hi. I'd love to participate in Secret Shoggoth again.

I'd prefer to stay in the USA, but I'm willing to send to a UK customer, since I can order from Innsmouth House for them.

Suggestions.

I'm primarily a gamer, currently exploring Trail of Cthulhu. I have most of the printed products (not the Book of the Smoke yet). I have the pdfs for Murderer of Thomas Fell, Castle Bravo, The Dead White World, Titanic Millionaire's Special, Not So Quiet, The Repairer of Reputations, and The Black Drop. (They're all terrific, by the way!) I've also got just about everything for gaming Delta Green. If you want to send something from Chaosium, I'm eyeing Kingdom of the Blind and The Cruel Empire of Tsan Chan.

Reading is nice. I'm exploring Clark Ashton Smith (I have the Return of the Sorcerer), and I'd like to read about Campbell's Severn Valley. (Lumley's Dreamlands books didn't impress me.) I am interested in the Delta Green novels. I have the HPLHS movies, but haven't tried their audio dramas yet. I would certainly enjoy the Express Diaries.

--Doctor Bob

WinstonP

To Whoever Gets Me:

I usually say tea, but I've made the mistake of saying that too often, so now my tea-chests overflow.

I enjoy the handmade (or something else you've created, a scenario for example) or the otherwise thoughtful. I have most CoC books, save for the last couple years of monographs and a few older magazines (still looking for the Whisperer #2 :) ). I also have a small Amazon wishlist; used copies are just fine. As ever, local ghost books are also something I collect ('real' ghost stories as opposed to fiction) and I've gotten some fun reads in past years.

CAThompson

As the assigning date comes closer, let's make it official (as official as I can make anything):

On Saturday the 24th join me in the chatroom at 23:59 China time, 10:59 New York time (extrapolate from there) as we roll dice to see who gets to send gifts to who.

Cearlan

By my reckoning, that'll be 15:59 on Saturday in the UK.

Going to watch a football match with a 12:45 kick-off, so I may have to miss out on this event though I will try and get back to catch the tail end if I can.

JoeViturbo

I would like the Fiasco role-playing book http://www.bullypulpitgames.com/store/

But, since I like to be surprised I'm going to post other gift options as well.

I'd accept any audio from the HPLHS except for the Solstice CD's and "Shadow Over Innsmouth" http://www.cthulhulives.org/radio/DART/index.html

The HPLHS Miskatonic University Monograph looks cool too. http://www.cthulhulives.org/store/storeDetailPages/codex.html

I'd also love to receive Ian J. Culbard's Deadbeats http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deadbeats-Chris-Lackey/dp/1906838496 or The Case of Charles Dexter Ward http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Case-Charles-Dexter-Ward/dp/1906838356/ref=pd_luc_sbs_01_01_t_lh

Finally, I'd be happy with original art and props, either Cthulhoid or 1920's themed.

Fin

Just as a heads up, Frogman Studio is having a Thanksgiving sale on some of his prop items, my particular favorite isVotive of the Deep One but there are several other items in the etsy shop also on offer. I'm sure that anyone would be delighted to get one or two of these props from their shoggoth. I saw this on Propnomicon's excellent blog which has a number of other cthulhu type gift ideas. It is also a good blog for props, paperworks and artifacts all year round.

Chad Out of Space

Drool.

CAThompson

We're here now, wheee.

Chad Out of Space

I'm on tenterhooks. Literally.

Pookie

My Dear Secret Shoggoths,

If you generous enough to be sending something to lulu cthulhu, then I suggest something tentacular or Cthulhoid from Etsy. Perhaps the items suggested by Fin earlier.

If you are unfortunate to be assigned to pookie as his Secret Shoggoth, then that would be me and I cannot think of single thing that I want. So on reflection, I would ask that you not to. I revoke any obligation that you might feel in doing so.

CAThompson

Which will make me feel guilty about this.

The numbers are rolled and I have work soon. I'll send the PMs out tomorrow after I finish up. Sorry for the delay.

Pookie
Which will make me feel guilty about this.

Oh absolutely no need I assure you. None whatsoever.

I have the gifts from each of us aligned and look forward to sending them off and the recipients getting them.

Notification received and gifts sent. We do hope that you enjoy.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this