Yog-Sothothery Newsletter Read more... ×
StephanieMcAlea

Chaosium Kickstarter: Horror on the Orient Express Box set

Apofis
Right - that is for the con prize pack and the retailers delight pack. They don't state anything for the normal First class level. I've also asked this on the KS page - just didn't know if I missed it.

It's on the FAQs section, too confusing and several mistakes, however they already noticed and are trying to fix it.

By the way, First Class is free shipping (I guess) inside US, $16 to Can and $30 everywhere else

Apofis

Just to add the new stretch goal at $60,000

Third Stretch Goal

Alternate Ending: This new alternate ending will give you the option of finishing the campaign early, in Istanbul. Thanks to our backers for this suggestion!

Campaign Survival Guide: This all-new section will contain rules and suggestions for keeping the story going through this infamously lethal campaign.

In addition, we want to show our appreciation by throwing in a limited Horror on the Orient Express for all levels at or above ROLL ON! Thanks!

WiseWolf
Charlie at Chaosium has been in touch to say they are interested in using our Innsmouth House Players' HotOE characters in the new edition.

Speaking on behalf of the group, I said "Yes, of course!".

Well deserved, Paul, it was about time.

PhoneCallOfCthulhu
The reprint of Horror on the Orient Express will be compatible with Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

Compatible is rather vague. Is it written for 7th edition or 6th with conversion notes or dual statted? And what about the screen?

Hope they'll provide some details.

TAK
Compatible is rather vague. Is it written for 7th edition or 6th with conversion notes or dual statted? And what about the screen?

Hope they'll provide some details.

TBH, from what I've seen of the 7th, the conversion isn't really even needed, the changes are pretty minimal and won't affect NPCs in any major way. And even if you need conversion, you should be able to do them on the fly.

Pookie

Well, it made it through the $50,000 threshold today.

It would have been nice there had been a Stretch Goal to mark the passing, but only $8,000 to go.

gazza567

Well I have now added my contribution. :)

TAK
Well, it made it through the $50,000 threshold today.

It would have been nice there had been a Stretch Goal to mark the passing, but only $8,000 to go.

Um, there was a $50,000 goal, not sure if you wanna count it as such, but there was one.

The investigators will reach France when we achieve our second stretch goal of $50,000, which will help us upgrade the quality of maps and handouts.

Pookie
Um, there was a $50,000 goal, not sure if you wanna count it as such, but there was one.

Ah. My misread. It was not quite as obvious when I read though it earlier.

Newbunkle
Charlie at Chaosium has been in touch to say they are interested in using our Innsmouth House Players' HotOE characters in the new edition.

Well then, I might even contribute a bit myself. There are several campaigns I prefer, but these characters are legendary!

Edit (Again): And contributized!

cjearkham

Huzzah! Congratulations!

Pookie

Well, it looks as if Chaosium is working hard to clarify many of the points raised in the first few days of the Kickstarter. Hopefully the answers will address as many of the queries as they can.

One peice of good news is the Horror on the Orient Express Keeper's Screen "...will be redesigned to include the information a keeper might need from the materials in Horror on the Orient Express and from Call of Cthulhu." From that I think that I can infer that it will have nothing to do whatsoever with the recently published, but disappointing Keeper's Screen.

UPDATE: The Kickstarter just passed $60,000 and reached its Third Stretch Goal -- Lausanne, Switzerland. So the campaign will have an Alternate Ending and a Campaign Survival Guide.

Emrys
UPDATE: The Kickstarter just passed $60,000 and reached its Third Stretch Goal -- Lausanne, Switzerland. So the campaign will have an Alternate Ending and a Campaign Survival Guide.

I'm a little disappointed that the alternate ending probably won't involve a plane. :)

Karloff

Has anything been let slip as to who'll be writing these additions? I know Chaosium has said "the authors [of the original text] have been inspired" to add to their chapters, but alternate endings and survival guides don't write themselves.

Pookie
Has anything been let slip as to who'll be writing these additions? I know Chaosium has said "the authors [of the original text] have been inspired" to add to their chapters, but alternate endings and survival guides don't write themselves.

No, not yet.

GBSteve

Paul of Cthulhu wrote a different ending for his group so let's hope that this gets into the set.

hamster

ok call me stupid but i've never used kickstarter before!

how do i contribute with international shipping?

I've selected the level i want ($60 Campaign option) and went through to amazon payments but nothing was mentioned about shipping and i can't find any way to add an extra amount to the pledge which is specified as a shipping cost!!!!

Help!!

Pookie
ok call me stupid but i've never used kickstarter before!

how do i contribute with international shipping?

I've selected the level i want ($60 Campaign option) and went through to amazon payments but nothing was mentioned about shipping and i can't find any way to add an extra amount to the pledge which is specified as a shipping cost!!!!

Help!!

When you pledge, you can alter the amount that you are contributing. So if you pledged $60, then you will be told that you are pledging $60 and can alter that figure before clicking on the confirmation button. You can alter your pledge after confirming.

hamster
When you pledge, you can alter the amount that you are contributing. So if you pledged $60, then you will be told that you are pledging $60 and can alter that figure before clicking on the confirmation button. You can alter your pledge after confirming.

Thanks Pookie, sometimes I swear Chaosium try to make it hard to give them money!

TAK
Thanks Pookie, sometimes I swear Chaosium try to make it hard to give them money!

TBH this is Kickstarters fault. As are some of the other issues with this Kickstarter, but it's getting clarified now.

I upped my pledge to Conductor.

Newbunkle

Depending on when you completed the pledge you might want to double check that the shipping is the same. I got an email today that the shipping charges have been changed. It went up from $10 to $20 for me. Hopefully any further changes are for the better.

Wouldn't it be funny if Paul ran the adventure again and the gang bumped into their old characters.

shazzner

I'll probably have to wait until the very end, as I'm very much broke right now. :(

TAK
I'll probably have to wait until the very end, as I'm very much broke right now. :(

Well, Kickstarter only bills you once the project is funded, in this case 30th of September.

zombieneighbours

I think they do put a stop on your account equal to the amount however, if memory serves.

TAK
I think they do put a stop on your account equal to the amount however, if memory serves.

Nope, unless it's different in USA somehow. Indiegogo does do that however.