StephanieMcAlea

Chaosium Kickstarter: Horror on the Orient Express Box set

Badger

Sweet!!

Zarozinia

Oh this is very encouraging indeed! I shall certainly be backing it, and I hope if it goes well then Chaosium will use Kickstarter to help fund 7th edition and we'll end up with a lovely looking product. Maybe even, dare I even dream such a thing, the new rules in a boxed set!

dce

OMG! This is wonderful news ... a deluxe re-print of one of the greatest Cthulhu campaigns ever written ... plus lots of other intriguing and unique rewards for backers at the higher levels.

I'm sold (and pledged, for one of the pieces of "Chaosium History").

Dean (from Adelaide)

Emrys

Oh dear. I had to chuckle when I read "The $40,000 we are trying to raise ..." when the campaign's target is actually only set up for $20,000.

It's good that Chaosium are continuing with their proofreading traditions.

Agent_Bluescale

Sweet!

I'm also glad I wasn't the only one noticing that proofreading error.

trevlix

Backed!

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

There's also at the bottom of the luggage sticker image where it is written "Compagne Internationale des Wagons-Lits ...". I don't know if it was like that in the original box set (or if it was there at all) but I guess that they meant "Compagnie" not "Compagne" which if the feminine equivalent of companion or it could also be a wife.

dce
Oh dear. I had to chuckle when I read "The $40,000 we are trying to raise ..." when the campaign's target is actually only set up for $20,000.

It's good that Chaosium are continuing with their proofreading traditions.

Well, I guess it could be a typo ... or you could read it as though Chaosium need to raise $40K to fund the project but they are only seeking half of that via Kickstarter (and getting the rest from elsewhere ... like that big bundle of $100 notes Charlie usually uses to light his cigars :-)).

Dean (from Adelaide)

jasonw1239

I'm in!

:D

yockenthwaite

Yay! Not caring one jot that my original boxed edition will devalue (possibly). I can have a copy I can play with more comfortably! And a PDF!!

hamster

I thought overseas backing didn't work with kickstarter?

Isn't that why the Express Diaries was funded on IndieGoGo?

How can I contribute?

yockenthwaite

People overseas can back Kickstarter but at the moment only Americans can launch Kickstarter campaigns.

I've backed many Kickstarter campaigns and I'm in Scotland.

Read the campaign page carefully to see things like extras for overseas shipping.

MrBlueSky

Awesome!

What level did people back? First Class looks good, but unfortunately doesn't include a T-Shirt (seems only to be included in T-Shirt and Campaign Deluxe).

hamster

Woo Hoo!

Thanks Yockenthwaite

It's nice to see that Chaosium are listening to their fans and hopefully if this is successful more will follow (cough Beyond the Mountains of Madness 2nd edition cough)

yockenthwaite
What level did people back? First Class looks good, but unfortunately doesn't include a T-Shirt (seems only to be included in T-Shirt and Campaign Deluxe).

I went for Campaign Deluxe, though if I was a keeper planning to run the game I'd have had to go one level higher :)

I wanted the PDF and tote bag, as well as the printed boxset, so that was the sensible one for me to choose. Had to add $25 for overseas shipping, but I still reckon it's well worth it.

Scarr

Does anyone knows how Italian Orient Express campaign books look like? I saw covers, but are there any samples of interior, layout, graphic etc?

hamster

I think I'll go for the standard Campaign option, I'm not fussed about the extra's on this one really I just want to get my hands on the campaign again.

Selling my original copy was one of my worse decisions :(

PoC

Backed! It will be great to see this back in print (it remains my favourite Call of Cthulhu campaign to date) - and as a boxed set!

If I were Chaosium (and having Mark Morrison at Gen Con right now), I'd have a copy of the original campaign, Mark Morrison and a net-connected tablet computer right there at the booth to get as many sign-ups as possible during the convention. ;-)

Cthimothy

Well, that puts paid to me trying to kick my T-shirt and dice addiction! Is the graphic of the train, that's used several times on the page, from the Italian edition, or is it a new piece of art?

StephanieMcAlea

I can't afford it right now so I'm likely to miss out. My only concern for others is if Chaosium decide to forego copying the style of the Italian edition and just end up releasing it with minimal art. I can imagine there would be uproar then... (crosses fingers)

PoC

I wonder if it will have 7e-style stats? (Not that it matters.)

red_bus

cheeky lol!

red_bus

And I am in as well - brilliant idea !!! :)

(also I think there is a kickstarter UK now, or will be soon).

Pookie

Well, Chaosium has a year to get this done, so it could be... Plus it would be a an incredible way to launch the new edition.

Anyway, I have backed it -- and asked a question. There goes my tax rebate for the year.

Another question though... If Chaosium can do this for Horror on the Orient Express, what does that bode for The Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion?