Sign in to follow this  
PoC

The Express Diaries - Fundraiser & Fulfilment

HomoLupusDomesticus
:oops: Me being a total ebook noob, could someone explain to me how I can read any of the ebook-formats of the Express Diaries on a PC screen? There's a .rtf for The Ausperg Affair, which apparently opens in Word.

nclarke

You can download a PC version of most ebook readers. The Kindle has one, Adobe have one and you can use Calibre to change from one format to another.

PoC

For the .mobi version (Kindle) you should be able to find free Kindle reading software on Amazon, e.g. Kindle for PC (Amazon UK).

Then drop the file in the requisite folder as specified by the software.

christian

Calling all Yog-sothothers, calling all yog-sothothers...

I have received my copy of the Diaries and am thrilled. The quality of the object, of the book itself, is awesome. beautiful book, beautifully bound. obviously, I was thrilled to read the Poissy sequence ;-)

And this has renewed, again, my interest in doing something of the sort with BTMOM... As some of you know, some of the material is here on the site, but I think it would make a nice book if I could get some interested parties here to help me ( I need an illustrator, for one thing...). I don't think I can be bothered to go to a mainstream publisher and go through all the legal details and such to do this very geeky thing, publish a book about a campaign. But Nick marsh and all of you have done that, and I wonder if it would be possible to do it again. My main problem, for those who have read the thread, is that the first part of the campaign is missing, it's very hastily sketched.... What do you think?

hamster
obviously, I was thrilled to read the Poissy sequence ;-)

It was very wierd seeing you as a character and named in the contributors section!

Life imitating art, imitating life???!?

RogerBW

HLD: Calibre also has its own built-in reader, which isn't bad.

PoC
It was very wierd seeing you as a character and named in the contributors section!

Life imitating art, imitating life???!?

As you indicate, it actually completes a circle:

Since Christian was the original model for that character in the Horror on the Orient Express campaign we thought it only right to fully restore him to has natural place (with his permission). ;-)

PoC

I've had confirmation that the book is now starting to appear in US mailboxes.

PoC

I am now receiving reports that the book has started to reach Australia.

PoC

The Express Diaries reach Japan. China and New Zealand to follow.

express-diaries-brown-paper-wrap.jpg

Have you opened your copy, yet?

express-diaries-brown-paper-open.jpg

Draugmith
Have you opened your copy, yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3246[/ATTACH]

Yeeeeeeesss....

Ah, if only some of the Yoggies made it to Spiel so I can have them sign it! ;)

Cearlan

And this has renewed, again, my interest in doing something of the sort with BTMOM...

What? Will we see more of the good Doctor?

Having been freed by the Sunderland party from the clutches of the Simularcum, has the Doctor been drawn into the webs of those fighting the many cults and devices of those who would hand the earth over to those nasty evil old ones. possibly the start of a whole new campaign there.

DrVincent

Just got my copy way over here in China and I must say its awesome :) I've been reading the kindle version thus far but nothing beats a well made, lavishly illustrated, hard bound book. Mmmmmm.... did I mention how wonderful it smells.

Ummmm... I think I might need a moment alone... with my book.

Thanks guys you did an amazing job.

Cheers,

Dr. V

Kallisto73

Dear All,

I was away for a while so have not had time to reply. But I wanted to say that I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and I am so happy with it. It is a great book and, quite frankly, even better than I had hoped. Thanks!

CanterburyTail

Got my copy in Canada last week. It's great. Some pages at the beginning are not trimmed properly and are therefore still stuck together, but a scalpel will fix that. And it looks like the printing presses had a problem as 2 pages near the end of the book have half the text fine, and the other half a very light grey. It's readable, but faint. On the same pages there are also some textual remnants at an angle down the page, looks like another sheet in the printer got folded over and printed. Minor issues though.

PoC

Sorry to hear that!

Drop me a PM!