Sign in to follow this  
PoC

The Express Diaries - Fundraiser & Fulfilment

lordof1

Just a quick reminder - the fundraiser for the Express Diaries will start tomorrow!

HomoLupusDomesticus

What's the URL?

theuglyamerican

Yes, how do I give you my money?

nclarke

Well indiegogo is at Indiegogo.com but I can't find this project under cthulhu or either Nick March or the title. Maybe the launch is later today?

WiseWolf

Check back here Friday after next, and May the Fourth be with you! :D

Hey! Careful with the Stars that in May be right!

CAThompson
Well indiegogo is at Indiegogo.com but I can't find this project under cthulhu or either Nick March or the title. Maybe the launch is later today?

There'll likely be a big announcement on the front page when it's up.

PoC

It's the 4th May and it's gone live! :D

Look out for further updates, video. audio and (hopefully?) announcement of stretch goals

You can download the first chapter (with some example art) right now from the above linked page.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Kallisto73

I have signed up. I can't wait for my own hardcopy to hit Ireland (not literally...).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Bradford Players for dozens of hours of entertainment!!!

You have put so much love into the hobby. Keep doing it! :P

HomoLupusDomesticus

Hm, there's no option for just the hardcover book... I'll have to think on this. I'd like to help fund this but I really have no need for those other things and could live without my name in the book.

PoC

The cost of the hardcover book alone would be the same. Those are simply the kind of costs involved in publishing and delivering books I'm afraid.

Our target is very lean. Consider that Dennis Detwiller required $26,000 to print an unillustrated black and white Delta Green fiction book.

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Is there an example of what Auntie Betty's card will look like?

PoC

We intend Auntie Betty's card to be a mystery for backers until they receive their package.

Gerall

Auntie Betty's place out in Yorkshire is bound to get crowded unless she and Grace perform some careful logistics...

Contribution made, and I am looking forward to reading the novelization. Such an exciting time for Innsmouth House Publications!

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Oh and another thing. The signed book is signed by who? Author, you, both, all the HotOE crew, etc...?

Thanks.

jpowell

Contributed!

PoC
Oh and another thing. The signed book is signed by who? Author, you, both, all the HotOE crew, etc...?

The book is signed by its author, Nick Marsh.

badseed

Contributed! preparing to nag my friends to jump on as well. :)

PoC
The signed book is signed by who? Author, you, both, all the HotOE crew, etc...?

I've been talking to Nick and members of the Innsmouth House Players. The result of which is that if anyone pledges for a signed copy and would like it multi-signed by the original players as well (or as many of them as we can muster) then just let me know!

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Ooooohhh, that's nice. At 50$ signed to Canada is just 5$ more than the just the book.

Before pledging now, I have to decide if I want Auntie Betty's card or not.

DrVincent

It looks fantastic. HotOE is my favorite game and to have an illustrated version in my future is all flavors of eldrich wonderful. Thanks so much for making this possible.

Cheers,

Dr. V

christian

I have a question.

I have been thinking of writing "Beyond the mountains of madness", based on my campaign. Or try to convert it into a graphic novel. First thing I did was to write to Chaz engan who gave me his support but also, as I expected, concurred with me that the question of copyright would have to be dealt with ( Chaosium published the campaign, Chaz wrote it with many others, my players contributed° Though I had no problems with my players, and knew an agreement might be made with Chaz his cowriters and Chaosium, I haven't pushed this yet, because I have other plans.

But here goes... i am one the the original contributors to HOTOE. In fact, Fenalik was Richard Watt's and my secret love-child. I'm perfectly happy with a novel coming out, I applaud all involved, and would not dream of interfering... but how did you take care of the copyright question with chaosium or the original authors? Merci

lordof1

Hi Christian - Paul and I have been in touch with Mark and Richard from the start of the project, who contacted contributors to the campaign and gave us their blessing to go ahead, otherwise we wouldn't have done so. Paul has also been in touch with Chaosium, who raised no objections. Regardless, Paul holds a licence to produce Call of Cthulhu projects, I believe, though he can correct me on the finer points.

EDIT : I've sent you a direct message going in to a bit more detail, Christian, which I hope helps answer some questions!

Job

This looks outstanding! I am a great fan of HotOE (and also BtMoM), so I guess that I just need to decide whether I want Aunt Betty's calling card...

...of COURSE I do! ;)

Job.

christian

Thank you so much for the private message and the information. I'm very very glad to hear about this novelization, and I will certainly contribute to get a copy ;-)

In fact, my friend, I'm extremely grateful that you've gone ahead and achieved this, because I'd love to read the novel, AND because you have shown me that the "administrative" side of things can be done. Thanks.

christian

Paul..... we have to talk ;-)