PoC

The Shadow Out of Time - Short Film

PoC

An adaptation of HPL's story with a mixture of live action and animation (from The Lone Animator).

Written by: Richard Svensson and Daniel Lenneér
Director of live-action: Daniel Lenneér
Director of animation: Richard Svensson
Voice-over: John Hutch
Music composed and mixed by: Christopher Johansson

Very much enjoyed this!

Noble

I liked that, cheers for the heads up.

Barty

yes...very enjoyable little film..nice animation........mmmm wonder how difficult it would be to make a stop motion Cthulhu model ???

OptikaNET

This is really good, I enjoyed that. The quality of the animation was a little variable - I found the 1960's psychadelic spiral as he fell into the Australian ruins a bit jarringly-bad - but some of it was very well realised including the Yithians themselves and their battle with the polyps was quite satisfying.

Some curious mangling went on for reasons I didn't quite understand - the race to follow humans was arachnid (spiders etc) rather than coleopterus (beetles!) - why?

But I thought this was a very creditable little film and I'd like to see more. I watched the whole thing whereas I had to give up on an animated version of "At the Mountains of Madness" on youtube recently...

Well done!

Kind Regards

Dave

Afraid of the dark

I really enjoyed that. when I first started to watch it I just saw it as low budget, and hmnnn, but now I see it as very interesting. His character and voice are really good. I'm presently hunting down good little videos off the net, and that was worthwhile.

PoC

I recently re-visited this and discovered there's also a "behind the scenes" video as well:

Nick Storm

Excellent

PoC

- and by the same people: The Lovecraft Alphabet

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now