Tony Williams

ToC Resource PDFs - Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu & Enchiridion of Elucidation

Tony Williams

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu

Version 7.2 official release.

Page 17 - first column - First Aid whilst hurt - amended to show bonuses for being treated by a Doctor or Nurse

Download from the link in my signature below...

Tony Williams

Version 7.3 official release.

Page 24 - new outbox - Damage from Vehicle Accidents - some text taken out of page 15 (Vehicles Under Fire) and put in new outbox with expanded list of damage modifiers to coincide fully with NBA rules.

Tony Williams

Version 7.4 official release.

No actual text changes just a picture re-inserted into some dead space for prettiness.

Having been through all the GUMSHOE rulebooks and SRD lately for an upcoming ToC utility Pelgrane will be putting on their ToC resource page soon, I think this is THE final version of the Condensed Rules PDF ( barring Pelgrane changing any GUMSHOE rules or making a 2nd Edition ToC rulebook in the future ).

The Condensed Rules PDF now has all the crunch in the rulebook apart from the following rules:

i) In a purely Scuffling combat a blackjack user goes last ( in the words of Trump - "Bad rule, so, so bad," so I left it out. Well...really space precluded it ).

ii) Frustratingly I couldn't fit in a small table for Generic Firearm modifiers but you do have the big table for all specific firearms.

iii) Some occupations and abilities ( e.g. Disguise and Hypnotism ) have crunch involved - adding those bits would be taking the mickey I think - just consult the rulebook.

iv) Surprisingly I realised I had missed a rule all these years on page 125 of the ToC rulebook - "Split Ability Pools" for Mythos creatures. On reading through it did not seem to work as described and, unfortunately, the examples that follow contradict each other and the rule as written. In consultation with Simon at Pelgrane it has been left out. You can probably work out what it is getting at and work out a rule for yourself. The issue will not happen terribly often anyway.

Keep your eyes peeled for the Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus...

Tony Williams

The Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus is now available for download,

Details in this thread.