PoC

The Silver Lodge Recordings

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Jon, Marty & Paul.

Going forward, we're splitting the show into two parts. (Up to episode 10.)

Public: The Parlour

The first part of the show covers product reviews. In "The Parlour" for this show we cover Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown from Lamentations of the Flame Princess.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour:The Rains down in Africa (15 MB, 30:35)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs/silver-lodge-003-parlour.mp3

Released as a mono 64 Kbps file.

Private: The Library and beyond

The second part of the show covers much more (an additional 90 minutes). In this edition covering such things as game recording, D&D 5e/old D&D and the OSR, HPL and the Holy Grail, randomness in games, highlighted reading, Ukulele action and more.

The second part is available to YSDC Patrons.

Released as a stereo 128 Kbps file. (01:58:42)

BigJackBrass
...Ukulele action...

I think you meant to say, red-hot ukulele action!!! ;)

Tigger_MK4
I think you meant to say, red-hot ukulele action!!! ;)

~Nothing wrong with a bit of ukulele action...

...especially with a psychokiller on the loose...

BigJackBrass
now, don't get me started or we'll be swapping links to uke videos until Paul tears his hair out :D

Clangador

How about this?

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Jon, Fin, Paul & Val.

The first part of the show deals with a review of Dissecting Cthulhu from Miskatonic River Press.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: Cleaning Windows (13 MB, 27:56)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs/silver-lodge-004-parlour.mp3

The second part of the show, "The Library", covers much more (almost an additional two hours). In this edition we talking about the use of music in games and aspects of its use during the interwar period. There's also a separate discussion of RPG magazines (past, present and possible future).

The "Cabinet of Curiosities" has additional info on the HP Podcraft Live event in Leeds in April.

This second part is available to YSDC Patrons.

Released as a stereo 128 Kbps file. (02:21:07)

games-magazines.jpg

hopfrog

This is absolutely wonderful. I've not seen much discussion concerning S. T.'s book, and so I really welcome this.

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Chris & Marty

The first part of the show features an interview with the organisers of UK Games Expo, Tony Hyams & Richard Denning.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: UK Games Expo 2012 (18 MB, 37:07)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-005-parlour.mp3

The second part of the show, "The Library", covers much more, as usual. In this edition Chris discusses adapting Lovecraft which mysteriously leads into conversation about the viability of games shops and the nature of modern UK TV production. We also cover "D&D Next" and the great documentary about interwar airship flight: Around the World by Zeppelin.

The "Cabinet of Curiosities" features a new written and audio recording technique I've been experimenting with recently.

This second part is available exclusively to YSDC Patrons. Join today, get the full show and support "Olde Yoggie" at the same time.

Released as a stereo 128 Kbps file. (01:40:26)

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Chris, Jon & Fin

The first part of The Silver Lodge 006 features the Lodge book club and discussion of H.P. Lovecraft as a fictional character.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: 50 Shades of Lovecraft (18 MB, 36:07)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-006-parlour.mp3

The second part of the show, "The Library", covers the phenomenon of crowd funding (particularly Kickstarter and Indiegogo) and what makes a successful "Kickstarter" project.

See the breaking news from the BBC (10th July): Crowd-sourced funding site Kickstarter to launch in UK

The full Silver Lodge show is available exclusively to YSDC Patrons. Join today, get the full show and support "Olde Yoggie" at the same time.

Running time 01:55:20

thousand-miles-up-the-nile-cover.jpg

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Chris & Marty

The first part of The Silver Lodge features a a review of Shotguns vs. Cthulhu from Stone Skin Press and a mighty big plug for Chris's Transreality Kickstarter.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: Summer in the Box (17 MB, 37:45)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-007-parlour.mp3

Private: The Library and Beyond

The second part of the show is a little delayed due to my timetable today and over the next week.

It features more commentary on Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, a look at the connection between James Bond and H.P. Lovecraft and more...

The full Silver Lodge shows are available exclusively to YSDC Patrons. Join today and get them all while also supporting "Olde Yoggie" at the same time.

PoC

silver-lodge-podcast-logo.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Chris, Jon, Nick and "virtual Marty"

Ukulele Cthulhu Filk Live Special

This is a full public edition of The Silver Lodge (not just The Parlour section)! It's produced as a "live" acoustic stereo recording.

We delve into the world of filkdom (with a Cthulhu twist) and present some original filk compositions on the Ukulele. The Express Diaries gets more coverage as we talk to Nick (the author) about the book and we round off with a look at Chaosium's first Kickstarter project and what we're reading now.

This recording has now been moved to the Patron Archives.

WARNING: This edition contains something approaching singing along with hot ukulele action!

virtual-marty-silver-lodge-008.jpg

PoC

For the next Silver Lodge show (public section) we're trialling a new segment called:

"Ask the Old Ones..."

(Well none of us are in our first blush...)

We'll endeavour to answer questions sent in to us by either email or audio clip. We will answer one or two per show and the more Lovecraftian the better (but they don't necessarily have to be Lovecraftian)!

[Update: As we didn't receive much response to the idea, we've shelved it for the meantime. ;)]

kafkonia

I e-mailed the address given, but the daemons bounced it back. :(

PoC

Most strange. I just tried it via the link above and it worked OK.

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge Parlour, with Paul, Chris & Jon

Halloween 2012

Continuing the "Autumn refresh" of our shows, we're changing the gears on The Silver Lodge (well I'm sure there's gears in the cellar, somewhere) and doing a slight format shift to make them shorter/more digestible (and hopefully a little more regular). As such we're moving to a "one show, one subject" format.

In this edition of The Parlour (the first 15 minutes of the show) we look at whether Lovecraft is suitably "Halloweeny".

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: Halloween 2012 (21 MB, 15:10)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-009-parlour.mp3

The Parlour 009 & 010 both feature the first 1/4 hour or so of The Silver Lodge (the full show is available to Yoggie Patrons). After episode 10 The parlour will be closed and future shows will be Patron-only with occasional fully public "specials".

Hope your Halloween festivities are fun ones!

P.S. The quote I attribute to Lovecraft is really S.T. Joshi's own comment on HPL & weird fiction.

PoC

silver-lodge-parlour.jpgThe Silver Lodge Parlour, with Paul, Chris & Jon

A Personal History of Podcasting

Following our new "one show, one subject" format, The Silver Lodge 010 covers our personal experiences of the funny old business of making podcasts. I talk about YSDC, Chris - HPPodcraft and Jon about the Whartson Hall Gamers.

Download: The Silver Lodge Parlour: A Personal History of Podcasting (15 MB, 11 minutes)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-010-parlour.mp3

This is the final episode of The Parlour (the first 10 minutes of the show) as single subject shows do better as uninterrupted pieces.

If you'd like to get the full show (plus previous editions, future shows and more) then you can as a Yoggie Patron.

PoC

silver-lodge-logo-snowy.jpgThe Silver Lodge 011, with Paul, Chris, Jon & Helen

Quizmass Time

In The Silver Lodge 011 we talk about some of the various myths & legends surrounding the season and have a bit of fun with a Christmas quiz.

The quiz section is posted here.

Download: The Silver Lodge: Quiz (35 MB, 26 minutes)

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-quizziqal-00.mp3

If you'd like to get the full show (and all previous editions) then you can by becoming a Yoggie Patron.

For those curious about the results of the "Terrible Tasks" Round, they're behind this spoiler tag:

quizziqal-00-jon-drawing.jpg

quizziqal-00-helen-drawing.jpg

quizziqal-00-chris-drawing.jpg

PoC

silver-lodge-podcast-logo.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Chris, Jon & Helen

The Silver Lodge: UK Conventions

While snow surrounds Innsmouth House and my pile of coins for the meter diminishes, out of the vaults comes another recording from inside The Silver Lodge.

In this edition we talk about our experiences of two rather different conventions, Dragonmeet in London (for games) and Thought Bubble in Leeds (for comics).

To get the full show, become a Patron of Yog-Sothoth.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-012-sample.mp3

Download: The Silver Lodge: UK Conventions (sample) (3 MB, 2 minutes)

view-in-itunes.png

thought-bubble-floor-plan.jpg

PoC

silver-lodge-podcast-logo.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Jon, Val & Helen

The Silver Lodge: White Dwarf 32

This edition of The Silver Lodge was narrowcast *LIVE* yesterday (Sunday, 24th Feb.) to Patrons of Yog-Sothoth. This time in The Lodge we looked in depth at Games Workshop's White Dwarf magazine (issue #32, August 1982) as a bellwether of the UK RPG scene in the early 1980s. This issue of WD also contains the 1st UK review of Call of Cthulhu.

The show features additional contributions from Marcus L. Rowland, Phil Masters, Ian Bailey and Steve Jackson (UK).

This was an extensive show, running to 2.5 hours with live feedback from listeners in the Yoggie chat room. The recorded version will be released on Wednesday, 27th February to patrons.

Below is a clip from the show, dealing with Tunnels & Trolls heresy and Dungeons & Dragons law suits.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-013-sample.mp3

Download, The Silver Lodge: White Dwarf 32 (sample) (5 MB, 4 minutes)

view-in-itunes.png

silver-lodge-13-aftermath.jpg

PoC

I'm currently processing the chat logs from Sunday's live show. An amusing quote from GBSteve:

I asked Gary [Gygax] if he would play any of the new style games, he said "You wouldn't get heart surgery from an amateur surgeon, would you?"

;-)

PoC

...and a few more from the chat logs. Recording is out tomorrow.

Best nearly two hours I've spent so far this year.

I'm missing the football for this.

The work part of me is resisting 'chairing' the podcast and telling them to get back on track!

Been a great couple of hours.

BigJackBrass

I've read the chat log now, forty-four pages! Thought I'd best catch up on the stuff I was missing by having to be on a podcast... :D

PoC

The Silver Lodge 014: Tips, Tricks, Tools & Tales LIVE EVENT.

Hot(tish) on the heels of the last Silver Lodge, we have another show as part of "March into Madness"

The next meeting is on Saturday, 9th March (c. 2:30 PM GMT), and following the last show, will be a LIVE edition.

For Saturday's meeting we'll be talking about GM/Keeper "tips & tricks", various software/hardware tools for enhancing your game and also sharing a few war stories.

Joining us for the show will be Nick Marsh (lordof1), author of The Express Diaries, and we'll be probing him about the trials and tribulations of writing this unusual novel adaptation.

If you're a patron of Yog-Sothoth feel free to join us in the Yoggie chat room on Saturday, 9th!

(The show will also be recorded as usual.)

PoC

silver-lodge-podcast-logo.jpgThe Silver Lodge, with Paul, Jon & Nick

The Silver Lodge: Tips, Tricks, Tools & Tales

In this meeting of The Lodge we explore some of the methods and tools we've used in our roleplaying game sessions to enhance atmosphere and entertainment at the table.

We have a special guest for this edition, Nick Marsh, author of The Express Diaries. We talk to Nick about the challenges of adapting an RPG campaign (such as Horror on the Orient Express) to the novel format.

In the following clip we quiz Nick about The Express Diaries.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs3/silver-lodge-014-sample.mp3

Download: The Silver Lodge: Tips, Tricks, Tools & Tales (sample) (5 MB, 4 minutes)

Another of the longer shows, running to a little over two hours, again with live feedback from listeners in the Yoggie chat room. Full recording now available to Yoggie Patrons.

[video=youtube;xU_ZUAlsT6E]

cjearkham
This was an extensive show, running to 2.5 hours with live feedback from listeners in the Yoggie chat room.

I missed all of this, but listened to it as the podcast. I enjoyed it. Even though I am Even Older Than Paul and my nostalgia isn't yours, it was still entertaining to hear your reminiscences. I like the longer podcasts, in general, but I think I've lost that argument.

Do more.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now