Graham

Online Resources

Graham

A youtube channel devoted to electronic gagetry of various kinds which includes descriptions of how to make various devices that modern day investigators might not want to purchase directly (such as surveillance equipment and various sensors) without attracting unwanted attention.

electronicsNMore

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPv6_GljwnFHvHWcsU074qQ

TacoBill

That's cracking!  Wonder if there's a way to get Norman Knights fighting a mythos-looking monster.  Those plants under 'Misc' look perfect for something Shub-niggurathian….

Graham
7 hours ago, TacoBill said:

That's cracking!  Wonder if there's a way to get Norman Knights fighting a mythos-looking monster.  Those plants under 'Misc' look perfect for something Shub-niggurathian….

No idea, but the program is apparently open source...

Graham

A blog dedicated to reviewing the successors to the pulp magazines of the 1920s & 30s. The cheap 'Man Adventure' paperbacks that used to sit on Newsstand & Petrol station book racks until the 1990s when they were replaced by remaindered books. The reviews are spoilerific, but have enough details for Keepers in a hurry to pick out characters and plot ideas if they need something to spark off a scenario.

Glorious Trash

https://glorioustrash.blogspot.com/

Graham

A web site devoted to cataloging spy novel series. Probably of most use to Keepers looking for quick & dirty NPCs.

http://spyguysandgals.com/default.aspx

Graham

A youtube channel run by Christian scholar Michael Heiser. It covers a number of fringe topics that might be of interest to the Keeper (Dropa Stones, Helena P Blavatsky, Bigfoot, etc). The episodes on the Urantia Book and the Book of Jasher gives some useful ideas on how a tome may come to be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdjjkmCiMHVEwGZIsEn8Wg/videos

Graham

A listing (Last updated 2010) of London Underground stations (Real or otherwise) appearing in Films and Television. The fictional stations are perfect for Keepers who want to cause chaos but not necessarily trash a familiar location. The author of the site is currently working on a book on the subject to be published some time in 2019.

Nick Cooper: The London Underground in Films & Television

This is a map of fictional London Underground stations showing the ones where an approximate location can be worked out.

Londonist: Fictional Stations on the London Underground

TacoBill

That's very cool!  Thanks for the share.

Now all I need are all those stations on a fake tube map.  :)

Graham
3 hours ago, TacoBill said:

That's very cool!  Thanks for the share.

Now all I need are all those stations on a fake tube map.  :)

That could be a bit tricky to do (I tried to do this exercise with Hobbs End...), I don't think there are any good maps showing the layout of the actual tube lines relative to the streets available online, I'm hoping when the book on the LU on Film & TV comes out that the author attempts this, I know that at least one film 'Bulldog Jack' dating from the 1930s went so far as to include faked up tube diagrams that are readable, however most films are a lot trickier to figure out. The page I'm linking to below has some speculations regarding the disused tube station that appears in 'Die Another Day', interestingly the possible line the author of the article suggests that links to the Piccadilly at the general vicinity of the disused Down Street station might just take in the fictional Park Street Underground Station and a (rumored) secret platform at Buckingham Palace...

Underground History: Vauxhall Cross

But obviously a good map of the Piccadilly line tunnels would be needed for orientation...

Graham

Two articles and two videos discussing material that those of 'Modern Sensitivities' may find profoundly disturbing. You have been warned.

But the concept that autonomous algorithms are forcing the evolution of weird, NSFW material aimed specifically at children, along with the other deeper implications of this with other uses of autonomous algorithms, is one that is too pregnant with possibilities of a Hasturian nature to not make available to Keepers. Use these ideas at your own risk.

Article: Something is wrong on the internet (James Bridle)

Wikipedia Article: Elsagate

Video (YouTube): The Nightmare Videos of Childrens Youtube and What's Wrong with the Internet (TEDx Talk by James Bridle)

Video (YouTube): Weird Kids' Videos and Gaming the Algorithm

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now