Sign in to follow this  
archimedesuk

Thank You Secret Shoggoth VI

archimedesuk

I arrived home yesterday to find the following on my kitchen table...

Elder Sign! Thank you Secret Shoggoth! I look forward to playing it with my wife and/or gaming group this week. :D

post-4009-137675620663_thumb.jpg

Krypter

You must have been suffering from an overwhelming sense of dread brought on by the realization of your own insignificance in the universe. Glad that Elder Sign cured that!

Noble

A massive thanks to my secret shoggoth, I had a few puzzled moments, as I had ordered an item from the company the day before you'd boxed your gift in!

Once opened I found a handcrafted idol of the great one himself, though my other half thought it was a angel?

I think she failed her sanity roll, and then failed her know roll to see it for what it is!

Again a huge thanks to my shoggie, and to CAT for running it for the rest for us.

Finn123

Oh the Horror!!!!

ssVI.jpg

Thanks Secret Shoggoth! (who I suspect is really Deep Fried Zombie!)

Looking forward to all of these!

Deepfriedzombie
Oh the Horror!!!!

ssVI.jpg

Thanks Secret Shoggoth! (who I suspect is really Deep Fried Zombie!)

Looking forward to all of these!

Enjoy!!! May they bring you hours of lost sanity and fun!

neorxnawang

Here it is, a week before Christmas

And what to my wondering eyes should appear

Glistening with slime and foul excrescences

It's a package on my stoop, pulsing with seasonal intent

Open the box with much trepidation

Gosh it's a book from my Secret Shoggoth

Reading material in history from Oxford Press, purveyors of expensive small run tomes that I only buy myself on special occasions

Antediluvian human history in scope and focus

Practical value as a reference source high

History books are always appreciated

Elevated now to a lofty place

Right on the shelf next to my other Oxford Press texts

Thanks Secret Shoggoth, whoever you may be :-)

Fin

I have received a couple of wrapped gifts from my Shoggoth, one yesterday marked "One more from your shoggoth" this allowed me to get my mental wards in place so as to defend myself from the onslaught of the initial parcel which had become displaced in time and arrived today. Both parcels seem to contain books of some kind.

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for these gifts.

I'll post pic after Christmas.

Aaaaieee... Blindsided by the arrival of a third, even larger parcel. The first two were clearly a ruse to lull me into a sense of false confidence before the mind blasting third strike.

Thank you again.

yockenthwaite

I've just received a parcel, definitely Shoggoth-y, cos it's got tentacles on it and says "Yockenthwaite" on the outside! Will post before and after pics after I've opened it. Looks intriguing! Thank you Secret Shoggoth.

yockenthwaite

My package arrived this morning. It was easy to see it was a Secret Shoggoth package - see picture.

post-3425-137675620785_thumb.jpg

I opened it just now.

post-3425-137675620798_thumb.jpg

There are 5 things in there:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - a book I already wanted to read

The Z to Z of Great Britain - covers the 41 places in Britain starting with Z, looks great

Moon DVD - haven't seen, and will enjoy

Rare Exports A Christmas Tale DVD - looks truly bizarre! I'm sure I'll enjoy it

and, not least, a C is for Cthulhu chocolate bar, with message on the back ("In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming ...") - yum!

Thank you Secret Shoggoth :)

Krypter

Naughty cultists, aren't you supposed to open your presents on Christmas Day?

gladius
Naughty cultists, aren't you supposed to open your presents on Christmas Day?

As a cultist, you have two concerns:

1) The world may end if Cthulhu rises;

2) A bunch of investigators may come into your lair, armed to the teeth with tommy guns and dynamite, giving you a very bad day

So it's understandable that they are impatient.

PaulFricker

I always save mine. I get my wife to look after it until xmas day - so if you're my SS don't be looking for feedback until then :)

JonHook

Thank you Secret Shoggoth!!!

I got exactly what I sacrificed all those virgins for... the ToC Keeper's Reference and Screen!

ToCKeepersReferenceandScreen.jpg

PoC

- and today via the tentacular postal service...

secret-shoggoth-gifts-2011.jpg

Some mythos media for the holidays and an audio CD of I know not yet what! :) Plus a most mysterious letter dated December 18, 1927 - full of portent, and cryptically signed "SJB, Glasgow".

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth!

Also, this same day another arrival. The reason Y...

ysdc-chocolate-2011.jpg

Thank you, Rookery! Two things that go great together. Outer Gods and chocolate. ;)

Pookie

Mine has arrived. My thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for his efforts.

epka

A sickly green letter arrived from sweden. The elder signs protecting it will be broken on christmas eve though. Still, Thank you, you swedish Secret Shoggoth !

cjearkham

I have been remiss in not thanking my Secret Shoggoth. Last week, I received a copy of the Trail of Cthulhu core book and "The Shifting Sands", part of an international-flavored Fantasy Flight COC card game expansion. Very wonderful. An extra few handfuls of viscous vegetation will be tossed into the chlorotic flame this Yule Eve in honor of my Secret Shoggoth.

AndyMcD52

Thank you to my shoggie for my pressies. Being an excellent mug from with a karken attacking an airship :D and an excellent sounding book Martian Ambassador by Alan K Baker.

If I knew who ye be I would hug you.

DoctorBob

Thank you revealed Shoggoth Shane for your generous gift of Elder Sign! I shall tread the darkness and investigate where my nose and sanity do not belong to my heart's content!

And three hearty cheers for CAT for once again taking up this burden.

--Doctor Bob (Bob Dushay)

Deepfriedzombie

With trepidation I opened my postal box ....all the while noticing a strange figure in tattered robes watching me and muttering....I grabbed the waiting package and ran to safety of my confines. Open the strange parcel I found inside a copy of "The Whisperer in Darkness" DVD...

Thanks to my secret Shoggoth!!!! I am soooooo excited to finally own this....and all I can say is...."IA! IA!" ...oh and "FHTAGN!"...on my way to give into to the insanity!

christian

Thanks to my secret shoggoth for 50 beautiful original photographs from the 1920's apparently taken by an American sailor on a battleship, during his voyages around the world. Very inspiring, and oddly moving.... I can't thank you enough

Pookie
Thank you to my shoggie for my pressies. Being an excellent mug from with a karken attacking an airship :D and an excellent sounding book Martian Ambassador by Alan K Baker.

If I knew who ye be I would hug you.

"karken"?

Thom_Serveaux
"karken"?

You know, that thing you relaese. :D

Badger

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for sending the cornucopia of books and games, mostly Dracula related, and the photocopy of Bunnies & Burrows! Now that's going back a few years...

-=badger

GoodyWatkins
Thank you revealed Shoggoth Shane for your generous gift of Elder Sign! I shall tread the darkness and investigate where my nose and sanity do not belong to my heart's content!

And three hearty cheers for CAT for once again taking up this burden.

--Doctor Bob (Bob Dushay)

Through the dread night I ran. Twisted branch and tangled root clawing at my terrified form, stumbling to escape the angry mob. Pages from the soulless tomes I carried scattering in the midnight winds. The price of being revealed!