Sign in to follow this  
CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth VI

CAThompson

Only a few days to sign up left. Act now or all will be lost and devoured by the one who sleeps under the furnace.

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

This year I sacrificed many dust bunnies to the sky itself so I've been kind of good. Since I live so far from everything I'm cool with electronic things, an e-copy of Cthulhu Invictus would make me smile and smile though it would not get much use. Similarly I have an interest in "The Void" if it's out and I'm still interested in mysteries of the Sudan. Otherwise nothing too big and use your imagination.

AndyMcD52

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been a good if some what manic role player this year :twisted: I don't have one of those fancy Amazon lists as I dont shop there I would have to give a small hint list. It would be either keepers screen for ToC or CoC, Tatters of the King book, Wings of War Famous Aces (Not cthulhu but equally sanity bending) Arkham Detective Tales: Extended Edition. The uber gold dust would be Elder Signs but I suspect many people are already sacrificing their relatives to find a copy of that.

PDF wise I am not too sure if anyone knows if or how to publish a drive thru rpg wish list please tell me.

Other then that my minds blank ooh look shiney material.......

August20

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I've been a very good boy this year. My mom did not even have to remind me once to walk the Hound of Tindalos when I got home from school each day. I promise to stop teasing the other Flying Polyps next year (even the slow benign ones).

What I would really like is either a paperback copy of The Book of the Smoke: The Investigator's Guide to Occult London or the Gaslight Equipment Catalogue. Alternatively, a copy of The Toaster Project: Or a Heroic Attempt to Build a Simple Electric Appliance from Scratch by Thomas Thwaites might be nice. Or if your abode is outside the USA, perhaps some sort of local oddity, bric-à-brac or a (non-food) regional specialty item would be amazing!

CAThompson

We're starting the naming. Come join us.

tutunaku

where?

Pookie
where?

It was in the chat room. A few hours ago.

JonHook

So we'll be getting out shoggoth victims soon? Cool. :)

CAThompson

We did finish.

The names have been matched and I am sending them out as we speak.

If you don't hear from me in 36 hours then something has gone wrong but otherwise I am in the process of sending the shoggees to the shoggoths.

AIEEE

Dearest Secret Soggoth,

I have summoned thee up for the purposes of conveying unto you my desires for gifts this solstice. I can't really think of any of any Call of Cthulhu books I'd expressly like, though anything for Trail of Cthulhu (bar the rulebook, rough magick and the GM guide) would be nice. I can never have enough dice. I'd also be interested in some more Cthulhu-y fiction, as beyond Lovecraft's stuff, some of the Delta Green fiction and Cold Print, I'm woefully lacking in that department.

On the other hand, I'm also prepared for surprises, so if you've got any other brilliant ideas, I'd be more than happy to receive pretty much anything. Horrify me.

Ta very much.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. Shadows over Scotland would be cool too

Pookie

To my Secret Shoggoth,

Congratulations on being randomly allotted the worst person you could possibly imagine having to buy for. You have my deepest sympathies. Technically, since I despise Christmas, I do not want anything, but since I like the giving of gifts aspect of the Secret Shoggoth event, it behooves me to tell you what I would be delighted to receive in return.

I already own just about everything for Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu, bar that is, some of the more obscure and more expensive items. Thus, I am not going to ask that you look at the top of the list where that copy of Courting Madness lies, so I would ask that you look a little lower. Thus, in order of preference...

Macabre Tales (Hardback edition please)

The following monographs (in no particular order)...

The Sevenfold Path

The Gods Hate Me

Dead Leaves Fall

Colonial Terrors

I do hope that helps. Again, I apologise for being quite, quite so damnedably awkward about it all.

Pookie

To whomever is grand enough to be granted the right to be the Secret Shoggoth of LuluCthulhu,

As her Secret Shoggoth, you need to know that she has no need of anything for either Call of Cthulhu or Trail of Cthulhu. What she would like is something utterly, totally tentacular. Surprise her.

I thank you.

johnnyhamper

My Secret Shoggoth pressie has been sent and should be arriving any time in the next 3 days. My apologies to whoever is buying for me that I haven't put any guidance on here as yet.

I'd love the Lovecraftian Letters set, the Die Farbe DVD, a copy of 'The Thing' DVD by John Carpenter, or Shadows over Scotland book. Also I'm a sucker for mugs (I have one of the big groovy Cthulhu Ftagn pot mugs from last year though) and I'm a size medium or small for t shirts if you want to go that way.

Cheers

Mik

Gol-Goroth

I didn't get my target, I mean victim, I mean the person I am sending a gift to. Should I be worried?

PoC

I don't think so. (I'm still awaiting my designate for example.)

Colin did say up to 36 hours, so I wouldn't worry!

To whomever ends up with my name from the hat, if you haven't already found something (I can understand that might be difficult) then instead of a gift for me perhaps something for Helen as a small thank you for doing a wonderful job running our Shadows by Gaslight game? Helen also has a much better Amazon Wish List than me. :) No worries if not (obviously!) but thought I'd present an option. ;)

PaulFricker

Thanks JohnnyHamper - I can pretty much cut and paste your wants and use them for myself (now that's laziness!);

I'd love the Lovecraftian Letters set, the Die Farbe DVD, a copy of 'The Thing' DVD by John Carpenter, or Shadows over Scotland book. Or simply whatever you want to send me. Perhaps the strangest thing I've received over the years was the Liberace CD :)

PS I'd prefer something tangible rather than a pdf - not a fan of reading off a screen.

JonHook
I didn't get my target, I mean victim, I mean the person I am sending a gift to. Should I be worried?

Yeah, I'm still waiting with crossed tentacles too. :)

ash

I don't have anyone to send to.

Rookery
I don't have anyone to send to.

Me neither, but the night is still young.

tutunaku
Yeah, I'm still waiting with crossed tentacles too. :)

At a glance I read tentacles as testicles.

JonHook

LOL!!!!

Helen

While it's very generous of Paul to post my wishlist, if his Secret Shoggoth wants to get him something and is totally stuck, he also has an amazon wishlist. Or message me if you're really stuck :)

Badger

"He keeps putting his testicles all over me!"

"Excuse me?"

"You know, like octopus? Testicles?"

"Ohhhh. *Tentacles*. N-T. Big difference."

YunusWesley

While I won't say no to the 30eme Anniversaire L'Appel de Cthulhu!, I would also delight in anything from my graduate wishlist or super fun-time happy list. Why an item is on one list or the other is a bit iffy.

Merry Yithmas to one and sundry!

ennui

This year I hope my Secret Shuggoth doesn't mind shuffling all the way from Ryleh to Japan. I'll make sure to put out sour milk and fresh sacrifices to make the commute worth it, I promise.

Alternatively they can order something from my wish list on the Japanese amazon.co.jp site (you can turn the site to English on the main page).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/registry/wishlist/RIVSSZGCZYYR

If they don't mind paying for shipping, I'd love any merchandise with yellow signs or plays about yellow-clad kings. I have Graham Walmsley's excellent Repairer of Reputations for Trail of Cthulhu, the Rehearsals for Oblivion anthology, and the King in Yellow Arkham Horror expansion. Even just a pallid mask would suffice...

gladius

Slime trails, bits of squamous tissue, and errant package-trimming indicate that a shoggoth has been to my abode, wrapped something up, and then handed it off to a nearby Star Vampire for delivery. My Shoggee should expect to get his or her package shortly!

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this