Sign in to follow this  
Pookie

Macabre Tales: New Lovecraftian RPG

CynthiaCM

Spectrum Games has recently expanded to become a four-person operation rather than a one-woman operation. What does this mean? Well, let's just say that Macabre Tales fans will have a slew of cool products coming down the pike for the rest of 2012 and 2013. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

Also, we're very interested in hearing what fans want for this game, as we truly do aim to please our audience. So, let us know what you'd like to get your grubby little tentacles on. :)

Thanks :) I hope you like it and please feel free to give me some feedback. I've done this for the first time, but it was a lot of fun and I have more in line for the future

Yes, we're very happy with your work and look forward to working with you on the products we've discussed. :)

LoneKharnivore
Also, we're very interested in hearing what fans want for this game, as we truly do aim to please our audience. So, let us know what you'd like to get your grubby little tentacles on. :)

Same thing I wanted on the 13th of May.

Just wondering, though... is the character sheet available anywhere other than in the book itself? I really don't want to destroy the spine by photocopying it, but shelling out for the PDF simply to get one page is a bit beyond my means at the moment.

CynthiaCM
Same thing I wanted on the 13th of May.

Done.

Anything else? :)

LoneKharnivore

Awesomesauce! Ta muchly :)

CynthiaCM

Spectrum Games is pleased to announce the release of “The Other Side of the Mirror”, an adventure for Macabre Tales (the dominoes-based Lovecraftian horror RPG).

Dark and sinister things await the protagonist, who has been hired to go to Rome, Italy in order to seek out truths hinted at in the dreaded Necronomicon. But the closer he gets to these truths, the stranger things get... until he finds himself in an incomprehensible situation that has to be experienced to be believed. Will he make it out with his life and sanity intact?

The Other Side of the Mirror can be purchased here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/107602/The-Other-Side-of-the-Mirror

Other_Side_of_the_Mirror_COVER_screen.jpg

NeferSutekh

It took me over a minute to realize, but the "frame" around the front cover is that of the mirror of the title? So, the cover is actually a reflection of the room and the primary character is holding a gun in his right hand. Clever.

liebkraft

as the author I can only tell you that this mere glimpse is only the beginning :)

CynthiaCM

Good eye, John. :)

CynthiaCM

Spectrum Games' final Christmas gift to our fans is now available for download. "The Shadow of Krampus" is a FREE 5-page mini-supplement for Macabre Tales. Not only does this PDF present the stats for Krampus, it also gives information about the creature, advice on integrating him into your games and more!

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/109490/The-Shadow-of-Krampus

Shadow_of_Krampus_COVER_screen_zpsddd7f503.jpg

NeferSutekh

Krampus kind of reminds me of Wilbur Whateley.

CynthiaCM

You know, he really does look a bit like him, with the goat-like appearance and all.

CynthiaCM

Seventy-six years ago today, the world lost Howard Phillips Lovecraft. Out of respect to his memory, we have created a PDF product bundle for Macabre Tales. The bundle contains the core rulebook and three adventures for only $9.99! The bundle will be deactivated on March 22nd.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/112382/Lovecraft-Memorial-Bundle--%5BBUNDLE%5D

liebkraft

I can only recommend this game, a perfect solution of a one-on-one gaming-style :)

NeferSutekh

This is the last day of the $9.99 Macabre Tales bundle sale for those who may be interested.