Sign in to follow this  
Pookie

Macabre Tales: New Lovecraftian RPG

JonHook

Cynthia, it looks like Parsons, KS, is only about three hours south of Kansas City. There is a large annual gaming convention November 10th - 13th called KC Game Fair. I know it's kind of last minute, but would you be able to come up here and demo the game?

I'm attending on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I'm running a Mansions of Madness game in the morning game slot on Saturday, and a Call of Cthulhu scenario in the afternoon game slot on Saturday. So if you were able to run a demo on either Friday night or Saturday night, I'd love to join-in.

KC Game Fair: http://www.kcgamefair.com/

DrVincent

I just purchased the PDF version from RPGNow and I've only read the first dozen pages or so and I can't wait to read the rest. Thus far it is extremely well written and easy to follow. I just had to pause for a moment to drop a quick note to my fellow Yoggies and say "Wow, this book is just what I've been waiting for in the Lovecraftian gaming genre."

Now back to reading :)

Dr. V

JudoMonk
Your business is very much appreciated, JudoMonk.

It will be available through DrivethruRPG's print program. I would like to get them into stores too, but at the time of release, that'll be where you can get it.

I called them up today and was told that there is no printed version, least from DrivethruRPG's print program , going to be released anytime soon.

CynthiaCM
Tension scenes instead of combat? Using literary narrative to resolve conflict? +1. Sold.

Glad to hear it. I hope you like what Macabre Tales has to offer.

CynthiaCM

Much appreciated. I think you'll find that it operates very fluidly in practice.

CynthiaCM
It sounds very interesting. I'd love to read someone's Actual Play report if they try it out.

I would love to see this too, as it would be the perfect chance for folks to see how the game system performs "in the field" so to speak.

CynthiaCM
Cynthia, it looks like Parsons, KS, is only about three hours south of Kansas City. There is a large annual gaming convention November 10th - 13th called KC Game Fair. I know it's kind of last minute, but would you be able to come up here and demo the game?

I'm attending on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I'm running a Mansions of Madness game in the morning game slot on Saturday, and a Call of Cthulhu scenario in the afternoon game slot on Saturday. So if you were able to run a demo on either Friday night or Saturday night, I'd love to join-in.

KC Game Fair: http://www.kcgamefair.com/

I wish I could make it, but I have family obligations that weekend. Sorry about that.

CynthiaCM
I just purchased the PDF version from RPGNow and I've only read the first dozen pages or so and I can't wait to read the rest. Thus far it is extremely well written and easy to follow. I just had to pause for a moment to drop a quick note to my fellow Yoggies and say "Wow, this book is just what I've been waiting for in the Lovecraftian gaming genre."

Now back to reading :)

Dr. V

Your words made my day. Thank you so much. It pleases me to know that you're enjoying the book so much.

CynthiaCM
I called them up today and was told that there is no printed version, least from DrivethruRPG's print program , going to be released anytime soon.

I just uploaded the final files for print an hour ago. I'm just waiting on approval by the printers that RPGnow/DriveThru goes through.

There will be a b&w softcover version and a full-color hardback version.

JudoMonk
I just uploaded the final files for print an hour ago. I'm just waiting on approval by the printers that RPGnow/DriveThru goes through.

WOW! There will be both a softcover and hardback version of the game...great!

JudoMonk

Give us a shout out when print version is ready to buy....

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Yes. I hope that the hardcover will fit in my RPG price range. In any case, it will make for a nice Christmas gift.

StuartB

Brilliant news! Looking forward to picking this up.

Any chance a few copies will be available through Innsmouth House? :)

CynthiaCM

Will do.

CynthiaCM
Yes. I hope that the hardcover will fit in my RPG price range. In any case, it will make for a nice Christmas gift.

I think you'll find the hardback's $27 price tag to be pretty affordable, as far as hardbacks go anyway. :)

The softcover version will be $19.99.

CynthiaCM
Brilliant news! Looking forward to picking this up.

Many thanks, Stuart. :)

Any chance a few copies will be available through Innsmouth House?

I just sent the folks at Innsmouth House a message. Hopefully, it will result in Macabre Tales being sold there.

Pookie
Many thanks, Stuart. :)

I just sent the folks at Innsmouth House a message. Hopefully, it will result in Macabre Tales being sold there.

If that comes to pass I am definitely more likely to get to review it a whole lot quicker!

CynthiaCM

I heard back from Paul, who said that they are currently changing their shopping software and, as such, aren't accepting new third-party items yet. However, he seemed pretty positive about allowing Macabre Tales to be sold there after the dust clears. So, hopefully, Macabre Tales will eventually be sold at Innsmouth House so that it can help keep Yog-Sothoth.com up and running. :)

BrianL

I'd also be pretty keen to pick up a copy of the hardcover edition if Innsmouth House could get some stock in (hint, hint...). The game mechanic sounds intriguing.

StuartB
I heard back from Paul, who said that they are currently changing their shopping software and, as such, aren't accepting new third-party items yet. However, he seemed pretty positive about allowing Macabre Tales to be sold there after the dust clears. So, hopefully, Macabre Tales will eventually be sold at Innsmouth House so that it can help keep Yog-Sothoth.com up and running. :)

Good news then! :)

I'll look forward to hearing more about this in the days and weeks to come, and getting a copy myself via IH. Cheers!

CynthiaCM

The first review of Macabre Tales, has emerged from the shadows today. The review is written by Royce Thigpen and it is very positive. Check it out!

JudoMonk
The first review of Macabre Tales, has emerged from the shadows today. The review is written by Royce Thigpen and it is very positive. Check it out!

I read the review and you are correct...it is great! Now, when are those printed books coming out? Been checking DriveThruRPG twice a day and no luck yet

CynthiaCM

The files have been uploaded to DriveThruRPG so that their print company (Lightning Source) can make the final approvals. According to the website this takes between 3 and 5 days, so let's hope for the best. Once it's approved, I have to order a copy to make sure it's market-ready, as I don't want anyone stuck with a flawed product. As soon as I see it and can safely say that it's worth owning, I'll go to the DrivethruRPG site and push the button to make it available commercially. :)

JudoMonk
The files have been uploaded to DriveThruRPG so that their print company (Lightning Source) can make the final approvals. According to the website this takes between 3 and 5 days, so let's hope for the best. Once it's approved, I have to order a copy to make sure it's market-ready, as I don't want anyone stuck with a flawed product. As soon as I see it and can safely say that it's worth owning, I'll go to the DrivethruRPG site and push the button to make it available commercially. :)

Thanks for the update. Maybe it will be ready, printed version, for the holidays.

CynthiaCM

I'm certain it will be released well before the holiday buying season is over. In fact, it will assuredly be released within 2 weeks.