Sign in to follow this  
StuartB

Elder Sign: Omens - coming to a handheld device near you...

StuartB

I'm still loving the randomness of the game. I think I'm averaging about 20% wins. It is a tough game.

Hoping to get an iPad for Yithmas and see what the game looks like on it. :)

sraymonds
Hoping to get an iPad for Yithmas and see what the game looks like on it. :)

It looks magnificent. And I hate the Curator.

christian

Magnificent on the macbook pro, darn difficult. My banes: curator and locked glyphs. my wife tried once after having seen me play and just by sheer luck and feeling nearly won on her first go, with four characters she had picked nearly at random, while I struggle and pick "wisely" everytime and come up short, lol

Badger

I finally got my hands on this. You guys weren't kidding about the difficulty. First game, i was ready to throw my iPad out the window, it was so frustrating, but part of that was due to not understanding what i was doing. Now that i've played a few more games, i can't put it down.

And yeah, i hate that damned Curator. Midnight effects suck.

-=badger

Winter Smoke

I'm thinking about getting an android phone next month - can anyone let me know how this plays on a phone rather than a tablet?

patrick1971
I'm thinking about getting an android phone next month - can anyone let me know how this plays on a phone rather than a tablet?

It was fine to begin with, but since the last update it has very become 'sticky' to the point of being unplayable, a real pity as it is fun to play...

synthboy

I've got this on both iPhone and iPad and although the iPad is a more immersive experience the game still plays really well on the iPhone. The buttons are large enough that you won't hit the wrong ones (unless you have huge fingers) and because you can easily play a couple of turns and then come back to it later it's great for when you're in the bus queue, waiting for a coffee, etc.

StuartB

I'm hoping for an update for both the original card-based, boxed game and for this fun little app in future.

I'd love more options for both, especially the ability to fight nemeses other than Azathoth in the app.

gladius

I'm not having any issues on my HTC. Works fine.

lordingrey

My ipad continues to run it fine. Running about 70% win rate (posted some stats on ffg board for game under my valvorik user name). The Curator is indeed Nyarlathotep in disguise. I eagerly await more Great Old Ones.

- re midnight, if at all possible tackle an outer world on last turn before midnight to avoid opening new location with a midnight effect without chance to close it before the clock strikes...

StuartB

I too am running off iOS and Mac so haven't experienced any Android-related effects, obviously. Works like a dream on iPod, iPad and iMac.

Have you found a fix for your issues, Patrick? Hopefully FFG are working on the issue and working on an upgrade for all of us. Bring on more GOOs!

Noble

Swish! I am still enjoying this game, and its about to get better!!

Badger

AWESOME. I was half predicting they would do something like this, and i'm glad i was right. Can't wait!

-=b

StuartB

Wow, this one slipped my net. Fantastic! This is still my favourite mobile/tablet game. Cheers for posting, sraymonds!

sraymonds

Update's gone live. Go get'em tiger!

EDIT: .....I don't see how Yig is considered normal difficulty when I'm constantly facing monsters that require a doom token be placed on the GOO to defeat them.

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Doh! Most of the cool stuff requires Lion on the Mac. :(

trevlix

I downloaded the update and have been playing it. Overall, I really like the improvements. FFG has stepped up the interface, making it much better and more intuitive than it previously was. The new monsters and areas make the game more challenging. For example, some monsters will add a doom token once defeated, but some areas will take away a doom token when defeated. Adds more strategy in it.

The game also contains unlockable characters once certain conditions are met. Some are when you buy the Cthulhu expansion, but others are when you defeat Azazoth, etc.

I played Yig once (with 2 investigators) and beat it within 6 rounds. That felt easy, but I could have gotten lucky. I played another with Azazoth that started out well, but quickly evolved into a true mythos pouncing.

Overall, the update seems to be working IMO.

And now a question. I have an iPad, but bought the iPhone version (as the iPad one wasn't out initially). Is it worth spending the extra money for the iPad version?

sraymonds
And now a question. I have an iPad, but bought the iPhone version (as the iPad one wasn't out initially). Is it worth spending the extra money for the iPad version?

I have both versions but I play with the iPad version more. The iPad has so much more screen real estate and the images really pop.

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Cool, just tried the free upgrade against Yig. Those Doom-adding monsters can really be a pain in the @$$ when you have an adventure that adds a monster at midnight.

Really nice expansion that sets Elder Sign: Omens further apart from the Elder Sign board game.

patrick1971

The other amazing thing is that it has actually started working again! I bought it when it first came out and loved it, but one of the updates killed it, it just froze up everytime I used it. I saw the new undate and thought I'd give it another go and it works!... The new updates are cool, seriously considering the Cthulhu upgrade too...

rylehNC

It won't reload on my Android tablet ... and since the update instructions recommend uninstalling it, I can't play either version :(

Noble

Holy Mother of Batman it's gotten real hard to win now, I had all my investigators hit the brick wall that is R'lyeh and get turned into jam, great new set up and even more worth the cash you'll pay.

Noble

Finally beat it, Ashcan Pete is my hero! The number of times I lost against the last battle was unreal!