Sign in to follow this  
StuartB

Elder Sign: Omens - coming to a handheld device near you...

StuartB

Yup, I'm loving it. Losing sanity left and right, but loving it.

It is a bit small on my iPod Touch, so I can imagine how much better this would be suited to iPads. I think I will invest in a full Mac version.

Oh, and Gladius, I'm with you on the use of Spells in the tabletop version. But perhaps I need to re-read the rules.

Noble

I am really enjoying it, seems harder then the table top version, the production standards are very high, both visuals and sound quality. It is a little bit difficult to read on the old IPhone, but that has nothing to do with the program, and more to do with thing your playing on. For less then a pint of beer, you can't go wrong!

lordingrey
It is pretty though I found it not as easy to "manage my team" as looking at the tabletop version and seeing "who's what" and "what's up" with locations "all there at once".

Played some more and it came smoother (I think having the table version rules in my head was a problem at first as it differs a bit), now quite fun. Look forward to the ipad-sized version.

AndyMcD52

I have been playing it sice I downloaded it. Needless to say my investigators got buttered up and served every time. It is hard but damn fun. I also broke the game by completing a challenge whilst losing my last part of sanity.

sraymonds

It's now up for the iPad! Currently downloading

Mik

Android version is finally up too. Installing now, can't wait!

patrick1971

Perfect timing! I've got a long rail journey, this should help it be less tedious...

StuartB

I can heartily recommend the full Mac version.

Playing this game at 1920x1440 resolution is an inspiration. Simply stunning. Makes me realize all that I was missing on the iPhone. I'm sure the iPad version is gorgeous as well.

I've now got the tabletop, iPod and full Mac version of Elder Sign. And I'm a fan of all three. ;)

FFG must love me.

markhepworth

Apparently my android phone isn't supported :( I find this slightly surprising as it's usually the newer 3d based stuff that my phone can't use, but never mind. Another excuse to get a tablet in the new year sales :)

sraymonds

Wow, I lose. Like a lot.

trevlix

I bought the iPod version the other day for my iPad because I didn't know one would be released. I've been playing it the other day and am pleasantly surprised by it. Out of 6 or 7 complete games, I've only won once, but its still fun every time.

I do wish they would have put in more than 1 GOO to fight, but I suppose that will come with updates. Good game. :)

JonHook

I just bought the Android version, and it's loading as I type. I can't wait to play.

Thom_Serveaux
Wow, I lose. Like a lot.

You too, huh. I suppose the stars aren't right yet.

Mik

It's hard, so devilishly hard. It's unfair. It's slow and sometimes a bit awkward to control. It's also one of the best presented products for my Android that I've seen so far. The artwork is top notch, and so is the music. To top things off, it's also extremely addicting and worth every cent I've payed.

You won't regret getting this one, especially when you have to survive in the rather barren Android market.

gladius

We'll have to start a "high score" thread - I'm interested to see how well others have done. So far I'm 1-for-3 with a high score of 1875. It's a shame they don't integrate with GameCenter and we could just compare friend scores.

sraymonds

My highest score is 4,905 using Amanda and Darrell. I'm currently 2 wins out of what feels like a bajillion

Q-man

My high score is 4,585 so far. I think I'm 0 for 2 using four investigators and 2 for 3 using just one investigator. Which seems to match how the real game plays out. With one investigator I can hoard trophies and buy the last few Elder Signs to win. With multiple investigators that's not an option, so we get stuck with those couple locations that we've been avoiding due to their difficulty as we're running low on resources. Which is an exciting time in the game since there's a lot of tension built up.

Mik

Hahaha I did not even know it was possible to play with less than four investigators. A whole new world opens!

Won one time now, with a score of 4000 something. Still finding out how stuff works though, I got pretty lucky.

ragnarhedin

The game is completely incredible. I love the table top game and will keep playing that solo from time to time for its nuances and to have everything at my fingertips, but the iPad version is so so good. I'm 0-3 so far, but have been distracted in the midst of games. I plan to buckle down tonight and have a real go.

StuartB

Adding my voice to the choir: yeah, I'm dying a lot too and, yes, I wish there was more than one GOO, but perhaps we only need wait for an update.

I've got to say though, if you like it on your iPod/iPad, you are going to love this on your iMac. Slick isn't the word. This is gorgeous and addictive.

I've only won twice, but I'm having a blast! :D

ragnarhedin

First win. Score was 4550. It feels much easier with just 1 investigator, but since the adventures themselves are more deadly, I was almost killed a number of times.

Badger

I was about to purchase this, but i'm seeing a *lot* of reports of crashing, both on iTunes' reviews, and other places. Thoughts?

patrick1971
I was about to purchase this, but i'm seeing a *lot* of reports of crashing, both on iTunes' reviews, and other places. Thoughts?

Got the andriod version and been playing it a lot over the last week and its never crashed... It has taken a couple of moments to think about to think about things every so often thugh... Great little game has killed a lot of time...

Q-man

I have this on the iPhone 4 with iOS 5, thus far I've had 1 crash during the 10 or so games I've played. So they do happen I guess, but they aren't very common. Each game takes me about an hour, so a crash through ten or so hours of game play isn't terrible.

gladius

I have the iPhone 4 version and the Android version.

The iPhone version has been flawless.

I have had constant problems on my HTC Touch Pro (Android) phone. It keeps wanting to download all of the content over and over again, and once I finally got past that, it's been crashing probably 50% of the time. Sometimes it recovers from these crashes and you don't lose your game, but at least once I've had to start over. Then yesterday it wanted to download the content again (perhaps they updated the game to fix some of the crashes?)

With that said, when it's working its a fantastic game.