Sign in to follow this  
GBSteve

Menacing Missives - A postcard scenario competition.

PoC

Eight more entries have just arrived.

I'll scan them in as soon as I'm able!

GBSteve

41 entries! (including the 8 yet to be put up). Wow! I'm amazed at the size and quality of the response. The next part of the competition is to shortlist the entries. We'll get something put up as soon as possible to enable voting and then the Secret Cabal will declare a winner (possibly at Dragonmeet).

Rookery

Darn, left it too late to get an entry in. Great quality of responses though. I don't envy the judges. With this much interest, I hope it becomes a regular thing.

PoC

- and so the final round of entries for the Menacing Missives postcard competition have arrived (just up to the deadline of 31st October). Here they are...

I deleted one postcard from the list because it was a duplicate.

postcard-124.jpg

postcard-124a.jpg

34 - Lethe

postcard-125.jpg

postcard-125a.jpg

35 - Thebes

postcard-123.jpg

postcard-123a.jpg

PoC

postcard-126.jpg

postcard-126a.jpg

36 - Chicken

postcard-127.jpg

postcard-127a.jpg

37 - Arromanches

postcard-128.jpg

postcard-128a.jpg

38 - Alexander Yeats

PoC

postcard-129.jpg

postcard-129a.jpg

39 - Mona Lisa

Perhaps rather fittingly and just under the wire, an entry from the person who started it all, DaveL.

postcard-130.jpg

postcard-130a.jpg

40 - Greetings from Devon

That's all the entries we have!

kafkonia

I'm glad to see mine made it, albeit even more illegible than when I mailed it.

PoC

GBSteve has started a thread giving details of how you can vote for your favourite postcard scenarios:

Menacing Missives - Vote for your favourites

Voting is open until Wednesday, 16th November, 2011.

Krypter

I read that as "HELP ME THE NOISE FROM THE PIE IS IN MY HEAD", which is suitably insanity-inducing. Kind of depends on the pie filling, though.

Gol-Goroth

This is HARD! I've gone through them and have a single clear favorite, and four other choices I like equally. I have to vote for three... Two are written by the same author, so I won't give him two of my three precious votes. That leaves three good and vote worthy entries for my two remaining votes. Wow... this is tough.

Overall I was impressed with a bunch of entries. Excellent work everyone.

crunchymortal

I'm stumped -- there are so many good candidates!

Author permissions could be a problem, but it would be great to see these collected into a PDF book.

kafkonia
I'm stumped -- there are so many good candidates!

Author permissions could be a problem, but it would be great to see these collected into a PDF book.

The biggest issue probably wouldn't be the authors, but the rights-holders for the images on the other side.

trevlix

I think the next contest should be to take some of these, or the winner, and see who can create the best scenario out of it.

rylehNC

This was an inspired idea. Props to all the entrants.

citybumpkin

I never knew so many creepy post cards existed in the world.

Krypter

Page 4 is doing horrible squamous things to my browser, but other than that the entries are brilliant. Loved the recursion of Timor Leste, that is all kinds of brain-twisty.

BeachRubble

Just writing to say thank you all for sharing these great postcards!

I ran Oscar Rios's "A Pallid Mask" for our Wednesday nigh CoC group, and we all had great fun. I didn't have a map of the professor's house, but instead called for navigation rolls. Not to find the study in the house warped by the madness of Hastur... but to realize the impossibility of the situation: when they succeeded on their navigate, it was time for SAN checks.

Anyway, we liked it enough that I'll be running another Postcard scenario next week.

Gol-Goroth

Just writing to say thank you all for sharing these great postcards!

I ran Oscar Rios's "A Pallid Mask" for our Wednesday nigh CoC group, and we all had great fun. I didn't have a map of the professor's house, but instead called for navigation rolls. Not to find the study in the house warped by the madness of Hastur... but to realize the impossibility of the situation: when they succeeded on their navigate, it was time for SAN checks.

Anyway, we liked it enough that I'll be running another Postcard scenario next week.

Glad you liked it.  I've often thought about turning that one into a full scenario.  

Buchhalter

Glad you liked it.  I've often thought about turning that one into a full scenario.  

Maybe in the Fourth Cthulhu Companion?