logoi

Communist Poland setting

logoi

Hi everyone,

this is rather a curiosity then a live issue, but some ten years ago a group of RPG journalists from Poland invented a CoC setting called "The 10. Department". It featured investigators as Polish Ministry of Public Security personnel (the idea is a little grim, I must admit) and was set in '50-'70, the classical period of communist rule in Poland. I guess it was inspired by some old TV series with communist policemen + some X-Files + some memories of the times gone by ;).

I will browse through old magazines and write more about it soon, should anyone be interested.

Pookie
Hi everyone,

this is rather a curiosity then a live issue, but some ten years ago a group of RPG journalists from Poland invented a CoC setting called "The 10. Department". It featured investigators as Polish Ministry of Public Security personnel (the idea is a little grim, I must admit) and was set in '50-'70, the classical period of communist rule in Poland. I guess it was inspired by some old TV series with communist policemen + some X-Files + some memories of the times gone by ;).

I will browse through old magazines and write more about it soon, should anyone be interested.

I would be fascinated to hear more about this. If you have more information, then please do post some more here.

heresiarch
"The 10. Department". It featured investigators as Polish Ministry of Public Security personnel ...

Yes, please. Personally I love Cold War settings, because it has the feeling of a good film noir. And there isn't a technology solution to every problem.

Mr_Lin
I would be fascinated to hear more about this.

Likewise. Always interested in settings that are a bit out of the ordinary. Have developed something of a fascination with the Cold War and Eastern Europe since running a few Cold City games.

logoi

Great, thank you for your feedback guys. I'll get it ready by the end of the week, gonna need to run through some old magazines and I am quite busy at the moment, so sorry to keep you waiting for such a long time.

logoi

Hello Gentlemen, I support my reply is loooong overdue and knowing how much CoC has moved on since my last post I will still try to keep my promise :-) next weekend.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now