fubarinpa

The Horror in the Museum

fubarinpa

Has The Horror in the Museum ever been made into a game? I did this as a World Of Darkness game back in 1995.

malcojones
Has The Horror in the Museum ever been made into a game? I did this as a World Of Darkness game back in 1995.

Not to my knowledge in published scenarios (if that's what you mean). Though some scenarios have used the monster, at least glancingly.

Best, malcojones

fubarinpa

A TON of monsters in COC are in it.

I think I have my idea for the Halloween contest.

talien

Rhan-Tegoth is in At Your Door. Basically (SPOILER ALERT) a certain shoggoth is trying to reclaim earth's wilderness. Step one: make earth a vast wilderness by destroying civilization. Step two: release Great Old Ones into the wild.

In short, Rhan-Tegoth is treated a bit like a game preserve beast.

YunusWesley
On 22/05/2011 at 07:31, talien said:

Rhan-Tegoth is in At Your Door...

Step one: make earth a vast wilderness by destroying civilization.

Step two: release Great Old Ones into the wild.

Step three: PROFIT?

Max Schreck

Yet another reminder that At Your Door is a very strange campaign... and not in a good way. I had actually forgotten the Rhan-Tegoth connection in At Your Door. I guess I have always focused on Jenny the Giantess and her Hyper-Beagle for the sheer dementia of that campaign.

DrMonster

One of the old gaming magazines did a write-up of the museum beastie, but most of that material had been integrated into the core rulebook by 6th edition.  What are wanting to happen in your scenario?  “Night At the Museum” but with teeth (although the movie’s perils would be pretty horrific as is if played straight)?

YunusWesley
16 hours ago, DrMonster said:

What are wanting to happen in your scenario?  “Night At the Museum” but with teeth (although the movie’s perils would be pretty horrific as is if played straight)?

I performed Thread Necromancy on this one while reading everything on ysdc about Rhan-Tegoth yesterday. The OP hasn't posted since 2012.

Rhan-Tegoth is my favorite minor great old one. I liked its peeved look in the 5th Edition monsters rules, I love the story, & there are many good renderings of it in art.

The fact that it is active in London in the classic era intrigues me, and I'd like to do a London campaign with it at some point, "Bookhounds of" or not.

DeepOne74

I've always thought this would be a fun story to convert to a short scenario for a single investigator.

mvincent
On 06/04/2019 at 06:20, Max Schreck said:

I had actually forgotten the Rhan-Tegoth connection in At Your Door. 

Storytime from in my 80's campaign where Rhan-Tegoth had been set free and was chasing my PC's down through the city streets:

The PC's ran in random directions, resulting in Rhan randomly running after a PC and Mr. Shiny (an 'ally', and avatar of Sandy Peterson). While they're running, I reference the "You don't have to run faster than the bear" analogy... then next round I mention Mr. Shiny eyeing the PC's kneecap... next round pulling his gun... next round firing (crit on a called shot to the kneecap)... next round Rhan-Tegoth is there by the stricken PC... 

Probably one of the most memorable PC death of any of my campaigns, possibly because at every step the player did not want to believe the slowly revealed but inevitable betrayal.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now