Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhudude

Atomic Age Cthulhu - Call of Cthulhu in the 1950s - coming soon

Cthulhudude

Sadly nothing concrete, just the always ambiguous “soon.” I have seen the final proof and a rough (but not final) cover. That was some months back so I can only assume it is all ready to go. Don’t know why it has taken as long as it has or what the delay still is. As soon as I get any sort of real info, I’ll be sure to post it here.

JonHook

Well, count me in on the list of excited souls looking forward to its release.

Cthulhudude

Here is the cover for the AAC fiction anthology that was done by the crazy talented David Lee Ingersoll. Should give you an idea of the overall feel of the AAC books.

AACCoverFinal.jpg

I’ve seen the cover for the AAC CoC book, but only a B&W rough of it. If I can get a color copy of it that I can share, I’ll do so.

Cthulhudude

And here is the cover for the AAC CoC book. Yay, it looks like this is actually coming out after all. :)

ATOMIC_CTHULHU_cover.jpg

JonHook

Okay, so there are two products coming out? One is a sourcebook for CoC in the 1950s, and the other is a fiction anthology. Is that right?

If so, then my Grinch-like heart has just grown three sizes too big!!! :)

Also, I just saw some of my favorite names on the sourcebook cover... Rios, Lynch, and Courtemanche!!! Yay!

Cthulhudude
Okay, so there are two products coming out? One is a sourcebook for CoC in the 1950s, and the other is a fiction anthology. Is that right?

Yes. The CoC book will have 7 scenarios in it, so it's more scenario book than source book, although the source book part is roughly 30 pages and is full of 50s history, new professions, new skills, suggestions and links to the mythos, and more. The fiction anthology is meant to be a sister book to the RPG book and will have 19 stories of Lovecraftian horror set in the 50s. Both books should be killer in my oh so humble and unbiased opinion. :)

WiseWolf

Good for Chaosium! Me want...now.

Chad Out of Space
For those who are curious, the QR Code on the back cover leads to: Call of Cthulhu - 6th Edition

Erm....what does that mean?

JonHook
Erm....what does that mean?

It means that Atomic Age of Cthulhu will be published before the official 7th Ed is published. They won't be putting the cart before the horse by publishing adventures and sourcebooks before the actual ruleset is published. No worries.

If 7th Ed does all it is expected to do, it'll provide an easy method to convert 6th Ed info into 7th Ed info.

Chad Out of Space
It means that Atomic Age of Cthulhu will be published before the official 7th Ed is published. They won't be putting the cart before the horse by publishing adventures and sourcebooks before the actual ruleset is published. No worries.

If 7th Ed does all it is expected to do, it'll provide an easy method to convert 6th Ed info into 7th Ed info.

Ah, got it. I thought it was some kind of pricing mistake or somesuch.

Of the proposed rules from current 7E drafts that I am eager to use, I wouldn't have to spend any time at all converting.

Chad Out of Space
Squeeee!

I second the squee.

Cthulhudude
Squeeee!

Squeeee indeed. :)

paladin2769

I still can't get a copy of Terror From The Skies and its been out for almost a month now. I shudder to think how long the wait wil be for Atomic Age Cthulhu. I mean the print copy, not the pdf. Mind you, I am enthused to see more new Cthulhu products from Chaosium (especially before the switch to 7th edition).

Defenestrator

Anyone know about the release date coming and going? Site said Feb. 1, and I still can't order it.

paladin2769

Website now states: This product will be in stock on Friday 08 February, 2013.

Nightbreed24

Hmmm... roleplaying in Rákosi-era Communist Hungary would be pretty cool and scary at the same time. Snitches everywhere, the fear of having the goons of the State Protection Authority (Ãllamvédelmi Hatóság or ÃVH in short) breaking down your door at night and torturing the hell out of you in a damp cellar (they even had a giant machine designed to grind corpses to goo which ended up in the Danube), opression of religious all life, show trials, class struggle, cult of personality, poverty, collectivisation at gunpoint, deadly forced labor camps (like the one in Recsk), failed economical policies that ended in the tragic uprising of 1956. Aaaaaaand THEN we have the Mythos.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone bringing the Korean War into the whole thing. Watch this first! It's superb.

[video=youtube;lzMGZX9eJ1U]

The_Tatterdemalion_King

I'll be eagerly anticipating Pookie's review for this one...

dce

While I haven't seen any specific announcement that "Atomic Age Cthulhu" has now been released ... it looks like the Chaosium web store lists it as for sale (and will let you order it).

On the strength of that, I've updated all the relevant pages of the Cthulhu Wiki to list it as a "released" product.

I'm quite looking forward to having a read of this book (not to mention seeing my beat-a-licious 1950s character sheet in print :-)).

Dean (from Adelaide)

MadCultist

I want this so much! But I'm still going to wait for the reviews and comments before buying it. Hopefully it is awesome!

dce

Atomic Age Cthulhu is definitely released ... you can buy either dead-tree or PDF versions over on Chaosiums web-store.

I have briefly skimmed through the PDF version ... so don't really have any impressions that are worth passing on to those eagerly awaiting info before they make a purchasing decision.

One thing that I *did* notice about the PDF version is that it doesn't include a 1950s character sheet. A while back I was courting Chaosium to use the "Atomic Age" sheet that I released for free on the Cthulhu Reborn site (in April 2011). Sadly it seems that, perhaps due to space reasons, my beatnik-inspired sheet (see below) didn't make it into the book. Oh well.

chaosium-atomic-age-sheet-front.jpg

Anyway ... I thought that now the Atomic Age book has hit the streets it would be a good time to re-release my original sheet design, updated to make use of the four new skills introduced in the Atomic Age Cthulhu book (Computers, Cryptography, Nuclear Science and UFO Lore). I have also gone the extra mile and made this a fillable PDF sheet, for those that like electronic char sheets.

You can download the new version of the sheet (along with an extra dose of blah from me) for free over on the Cthulhu Reborn blog, right now! Get out your bongos and start growing that goatee ... it's time to roll up your very own hepcat Investigator :-)

Dean (from Adelaide)

Chad Out of Space

Love the design, man. Go man go!

AirborneXO

Dean your sheet is a beautiful thing (I use both your invictus and classic sheets), now if only there were a dark ages and a tudor one...that would indeed be handy ;)

Cheers, Hal

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this