TravelerJim

Skype of Cuthulu Presents ...

TravelerJim

Thank you for the kind words Catherine, glad you are enjoying our adventures.

I appreciate the feedback on the sound effects. When I first included them (live) I was really not sure whether they would too much trouble to manage (they're not) or too distracting. Everyone who has commented on their use has been positive, and they add to our own enjoyment while planing.

Unfortunately, Ed is leaving us after completing The Plantation. He was going to stick around through the end of the scenario, but had some serious technical issues that kept him out of Session 05, which is why we just left him tied up.

I'm certain we'll be seeing more of the Gamma Red agents in the future. Hopefully we'll be able to entice Ed back for a cameo from time to time as well.

TravelerJim

Skype of Cthulhu presents an untitled Call of Cthulhu Noir scenario by <a href="http://www.yog-sothoth.com/members/7260-TeaWithGhouls">Seth Williams</a>.

Los Angeles, California

Friday, January 25, 1946

We take a break from the Providence Cycle, to move to Los Angeles in the 1940s. The glitz and glamor of Hollywood has been tarnished by a series of brutal murders which the police and corner's office have been unable to explain. While in a small West Hollywood apartment, a refugee from the War in Europe dreams strange dreams and learns the music from out of the blackness.

016 - Untitled Noir 01

TravelerJim

Los Angeles, California

Friday, January 25, 1946

Mr. Vargas discovers the horrors recorded on the mysterious film, while Mr. Diktiyarenko is attacked in his apartment by a freakishly large and strong man in a black cloak. Fortunately for all, Jr. Detective Samuel Gritz of the L.A.P.D. has been assigned the case!

017 - Untitled 02 (Noir Cycle)

Butters

Really liking this and I can't wait to see how it all turns out very suspenseful so far.

WiseWolf

I agree! I haven't been able to play so far, and it is very interesting to listen to. Seth is doing a good job with this scenario.

trevlix

Just started on The Plantation series. Great job - keep em coming!

TravelerJim

Since the Keeper for our Noir Cycle was away on Father's Day related activities, Randall ran a one-shot scenario. Which ended up taking 3.5 hours to complete (and really, we rushed it), so I had to split the single session into two parts.

Skype of Cthulhu presents Wasted Youth, from New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley published by Miskatonic River Press.

Arkham, Massachusetts

The children of Arkham are on spring break, and engaging in a shocking and unprecedented amount of juvenile delinquency.

018 - Wasted Youth 01 (One-Shot)

019 - Wasted Youth 02 (One-Shot)

WiseWolf
Since the Keeper for our Noir Cycle was away on Father's Day related activities, Randall ran a one-shot scenario. Which ended up taking 3.5 hours to complete (and really, we rushed it), so I had to split the single session into two parts.

I apologize in advance for any crimes against the language :).Also, the scenario is much better than I presented it, but it seems that non face2face sessions take a little bit longer, therefore I needed to take some shortcuts.

TravelerJim

Los Angeles, California

Friday, January 25, 1946

Mr. Vargas and Detective Gritz have gone catatonic as a result of viewing the mysterious Nazi film, leaving the remaining investigators to go alone in search of the owner.

020 - Untitled 03 (Noir Cycle)

Butters

No apolgises necessary I've really enjoyed this unusual adventure and I will be checking out M.R.P and buying their New tales on the strength of it. So if you say this adventure is even better then I think its going to be money well spent.

More Cthulhu goodness is never a bad thing so thanks for uploading this

WiseWolf

Thanks for the kind words, Butters. We will get more MRP in the future since we are planning to give Lurco a try. We will alternate between a Arrius Lurco adventures and something else, so as Jim said, we "keep things fresh".

Wryce

The (as of yet untitled) Noir game was great. I honestly feel this is the most appropriately successful game of Call of Cthulhu I've ever had the pleasure to play in. There was madness and murder and horrible things that should not be! I highly recommend listening to it. Thanks Seth!

TravelerJim

We return to the Providence Cycle:

Skype of Cthulhu presents a Call of Cthulhu scenario. Body of Work, by Jim Phillips. Inspired in part by the novel The Big Wake-Up by Mark Coggins.

Providence, Rhode Island

Wednesday, October 22, 1924

People around the investigators are dying. Is it just coincidence, or have the investigators finally made one too many enemies? And will they be targeted directly?

021 - Body of Work 01 (Providence Cycle)

TravelerJim

Providence, Rhode Island

Friday, October 24, 1924

The investigators appear to be under attack by an unknown group. Mr. Bartz remains in the asylum, Mr. Williams has disappeared, and Dr. Larson lies close to death. And now a new mystery has presented itself. New friends must be made if the investigators have any chance of remaining alive.

022 - Body of Work 02 (Providence Cycle)

TravelerJim

Providence, Rhode Island

Saturday, October 25, 1924

Mr. Ratcliffe and Prof. Helsmith prepare to rush to the aid of Mr. North. Leaving Mr. DuBose, Dr. Larson, and Miss Nacevski in the Dashwood residence. But visitors are on their way.

023 - Body of Work 03 (Providence Cycle)

TravelerJim

Providence, Rhode Island

Saturday, October 25, 1924

The former inhabitants of Monhegan Island. Communist agents. And a witch from the South Carolina swamp. Our investigators are bruised and exhausted, and the city seems to be falling into chaos. Beset with opposition at every turn, Mr. Ratcliffe, Mr. Dashwood, and Prof. Helsmith try to find somewhere safe to hole up for the night.

024 - Body of Work 04 (Providence Cycle)

JonHook

Mr. Ratcliffe is the best character ever! I loved it when he said, "I know your brother shouldn't go walking in cemeteries."

"Body of Work" is an excellent home-made adventure by Jim that does an excellent job of folding-in elements from the previous adventures these characters have been on. I don't think it would be necessary for a new listener to go through all of the old adventures if you didn't feel like it, cause they do a great job of summarizing what elements have been brought forward from those other adventures as you listen to BoW.

And for the quote I posted, you will just have to hear the situation in which Mr. Ratcliffe was ballsy enough to say that in.

TravelerJim

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated. Very glad to hear that you're enjoying the Scenario and the podcast.

WiseWolf
Mr. Ratcliffe is the best character ever! I loved it when he said, "I know your brother shouldn't go walking in cemeteries."

That was unforgettable. :D

Thanks, Jon. I agree with you that Jim is doing a great job with this scenario.

TeaWithGhouls

You guys are lucky I'm modest, or I might start letting this praise of my awesome character go to my head. :D Thanks, guys! Jim is doing a great job with this campaign.

TravelerJim

Providence, Rhode Island

Sunday, October 26, 1924

Dr. Larson and Mr. DuBois come to their senses alone in the hotel room. A brief left by Mr. Ratcliffe indicates that the others have returned to the hospital. Attempting to join them, Dr. Larson and Mr. DuBois end up being ... sidetracked ...

025 - Body of Work 05 (Providence Cycle)

TravelerJim

Providence, Rhode Island

Sunday, October 26, 1924

The investigators decide that it finally time to retrieve the scepter. But what should be a simple grave robbery becomes a far greater horror than they had expected.

Special thanks to Ed for his cameo as Frank Ballentine.

026 - Body of Work 06 (Providence Cycle)

TAK

Oh noes, you've blown my cover :P

Anyway, thanks for the game, was great fun!

Insanity
Not a problem. For a cart machine - to play the sound effects, I use Soundboard. Excellent piece of software this, works really well. There is a (known) bug in the latest version, but I'll get to that in a second.

The output is then picked up by WireTap Anywhere. I have a device defined therein which mixes the Soundboard output and my microphone. This device is then set as the input source for Skype.

Finally, I use WireTap Studio to record two sources - one being the aforementioned WTA device, and the other being the Skype output. The two sources end up recorded as separate tracks, so I can fiddle the levels separately if need be.

It is possible with the latest version of Soundboard to do this without WireTap Anywhere - Soundboard can mix it's output with the microphone creating its own virtual device. This is where the bug I mentioned comes in though - there's a latency problem of up to a second or so at times, which you can hear in #008. I was trying exactly this configuration when recording it. Won't do that again until they get it fixed.

And before anyone asks - I have no connection to Ambrosia other than being a long-time satisfied customer.

Curious to know if there are Windows applications that do the same function as these. I am starting a CoC game in the near future using Fantasy Grounds, and we currently use Skype or Ventrilo for voicechat, and I wanted to somehow use either one to be able to stream music and perhaps sound effects to the group. Unfortunately being a Windows user, the Mac applications aren't possible.

Thanks in advance.

TravelerJim
Curious to know if there are Windows applications that do the same function as these.

There are. You might want to take a look at SoundBoard, Sound Byte, or (if you have some spare cash lying around!) StudioRack.

Not being a Win user (as far as audio work goes), I can't comment on any of these or any other solutions. I would suggest taking a spin around the interwebs looking for podcasting software setups, since we're effectively looking for the same capabilities here.