TravelerJim

Skype of Cuthulu Presents ...

TravelerJim

The second session of The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island is now available.

005 - The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island 02

Providence, Rhode Island

Wednesday, June 04, 1924

The investigators have arrived on tiny Monhegan Island and met their host and his two rather unusual wards. But after a quick browse of the books in their host's reading room they begin to believe that all is not quite as it seems. Dinner is about to be served, and the team has already been distracted from their search for young Sara.

Confusion reigns as the investigators struggle to keep themselves focused on the search for poor, innocent Sara while being drawn further in to the mystery.

WiseWolf
The second session of The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island is now available.

Thanks, Jim! Something fishy is going on in this island.

TravelerJim

Session 3 of The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island is now available for your listening pleasure.

The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island 03

Personally I can not wait to see what happens in Part 4, this should be good.

Monhegan Island, Maine

Thursday, June 05, 1924

Sara Godwin is missing, and our investigators appear to be at a loss as to how to find her. And after throughly ransacking the Martensen household the mystery of Monhegan Island has only deepened.

Will our team of heros be able to help young Sara? Or is she doomed to whatever fate awaits her ... and perhaps our investigators as well. Surrounded by unfriendly locals and with no way off the island what can be done?

TravelerJim

Session 4 of The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island is now available.

007 - The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island 04

Skype of Cthulu presents a Call of Cthulu scenario: The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island, by Gary Pilkington. Published by Grenadier Models, Inc. 1984.

Monhegan Island, Maine

Thursday, June 05, 1924

Blocked at every turn in their search for poor Sara Goodwin, our investigators decide that they must escape from Monhegan Island before their own lives are forfeit. Will their clever ruse succeed in transporting them to safety? And is Sara thus condemned to whatever fate has befallen her with no one to come to her rescue?

WiseWolf

My B-Day is on June 5th, not very kind of you, Jim, to treat my character and his friends on the way you did that day in my real time b-day. :D

eyeharvester
Cheers eyeharvester!

Are you a fan of BÖC by any chance?

Yes. =)

BTW, I know it's rather late to mention it, but Mainers all pronounce the name of the city near the mouth of the Penobscot as "Bang-Gore", not "Banger". Rather drove me up the wall listening to episode 004.

boysmithers

Cool! For me they found the perfect mix of fancy prog bits and ass-kicking rocking and Joe Bouchard is one of my favourite bass players.

[Ahem, back on topic]

Yes, pronunciations can be a problem! Just as well the scenario wasn't set in "Poughkeepsie"

Will try and mention Bang-Gore in the last episode to make up!

TravelerJim

The thrilling conclusion to The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island!

008 - The Horrible Secret of Monhegan Island 05

Monhegan Island, Maine

Thursday, June 05, 1924

After a dramatic, although perhaps ill-concieved, escape attempt the Investigators find themselves captured and at the mercy of the islanders. What are Mr. Martensen's intentions now? Can the Investigators find a way to break free of their captors? As is there no one else on the island to help?

PaulFricker
Yes. =)

BTW, I know it's rather late to mention it, but Mainers all pronounce the name of the city near the mouth of the Penobscot as "Bang-Gore", not "Banger". Rather drove me up the wall listening to episode 004.

Let's hope they don't have to travel from Magdalen ('maudlin') College to Edinburgh ('Edin-bruh') via Towcester ('toaster') and Loughborough ('luff-bruh') :)

boysmithers

Well Frank put quite a few points into Own Language (English) so he'll get by I think.

Lady_Hawkeye

Hey guys,

Having just finished the last episode,I had to say that I am having a good time listening to the five of you.You have great chemistry together

Those new sound effects Jim where great and a good idea indeed.

I guess the only recommendation that I could make his to have your characters join a gym to learn boxing or judo or anything else but please gentlemen,I beg you to ditch the three stooges school of martial arts,it's just not working for you :P

Keep up the fun.I can't wait for next's week game as using childrens as characters will be interesting to listen.

Bye for now

Catherine

The Lady Hawkeye

WiseWolf

Thanks for listening, I am glad that you are having fun.

I guess the only recommendation that I could make his to have your characters join a gym to learn boxing or judo or anything else but please gentlemen,I beg you to ditch the three stooges school of martial arts,it's just not working for you :P

Catherine

The Lady Hawkeye

Three Stooges School of Martial Arts....LOL....sounds about right.

Dwarin

TravelerJim: mind tell me what setup you use for recording the Skype conversations and playing sound effects? I tried to use SpoliCall for recording and Pamela for Skype for sound effects but my voice (GM) just comes out of the left headphone and the players' voices come out of the right headphone (even though I configured the software for stereo) and it doesn't record the sound effects Pamela plays.

TravelerJim
... mind tell me what setup you use for recording the Skype conversations and playing sound effects?

Not a problem. For a cart machine - to play the sound effects, I use Soundboard. Excellent piece of software this, works really well. There is a (known) bug in the latest version, but I'll get to that in a second.

The output is then picked up by WireTap Anywhere. I have a device defined therein which mixes the Soundboard output and my microphone. This device is then set as the input source for Skype.

Finally, I use WireTap Studio to record two sources - one being the aforementioned WTA device, and the other being the Skype output. The two sources end up recorded as separate tracks, so I can fiddle the levels separately if need be.

It is possible with the latest version of Soundboard to do this without WireTap Anywhere - Soundboard can mix it's output with the microphone creating its own virtual device. This is where the bug I mentioned comes in though - there's a latency problem of up to a second or so at times, which you can hear in #008. I was trying exactly this configuration when recording it. Won't do that again until they get it fixed.

And before anyone asks - I have no connection to Ambrosia other than being a long-time satisfied customer.

TravelerJim

After a week off due to adjusting work schedules, Skype of Cuthulu reunited last week for a one-off scenario, The Dare by Kevin Ross. Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties and the recording was lost ...

This week, we return to our regular campaign ...

009 - The Plantation 01

Alexandria, Virginia

Friday, September 05, 1924

The investigators take some time off after their harrowing escape from Monhegan Island, and reunite for a relaxing hunting trip in rural Virginia. Upon their return to Mr. Ratcliffe's home, they find two young boys waiting for them: Jason, a distant cousin of Mr. Ratcliffe's, and Joe, his friend. The two boys have <i>walked</i> all the way from South Carolina to enlist their help - Joe's sister and mother have been kidnapped, and evil cultists are hot on their trail.

eyeharvester

My, what a confusing story those boys had to tell! Still, I'm pleased to hear that the PCs eventually got the Gist of it...

I sympathize with your troubles with Skype, BTW. If my players weren't all good friends of mine, I wouldn't bother to use the thing at all, what with all the trouble it gives.

WiseWolf
I sympathize with your troubles with Skype, BTW.

Well, yes, this week was pretty bad, but as you are saying we rather play with the technical issues than not play at all :D, plus I loved it when

Dr. Larson was thrown out of the window from the train in motion....priceless gaming experience!

TravelerJim

Session 2 of The Plantation is now available.

010 - The Plantation 02

Charleston, South Carolina

Sunday, September 07, 1924

After a most eventual night on the train, our team arrives in Charleston where they are met by the local constabulary.

TravelerJim

The podcast feed has not moved, and the existing links will redirect correctly, but Skype of Cthulhu is now at a new domain:

http://www.cthulhu.me/

TravelerJim

Monday, September 08, 1924

Although reunited with Mr. Williams, finally arrived from Providence, the team finds that Mr. Ballentine has mysteriously disappeared with a promise to join them later. The group meets Mr. Elihu Winsworthy, friend to Prof. Albert Gist, who will drive them out to the Gist Plantation. Where Dr. Larson ... becomes angry ...

011 - The Plantation 03

TravelerJim

In the early morning hours, Mr. Ballentine is awakened early by a knock at his door. He is about to receive an offer he can not refuse, from a mysterious black-suited figure.

012 - Frank Ballentine's Remarkable Morning

TravelerJim

Mr. Ballentine is reunited with Mr. Ratcliffe, Mr. Williams, and Dr. Larson as they are joined by two gentlemen who claim to have been on a river trip gone wrong. Dr. Larson is still intent on storming off to rescue Joe's sister, but the group is distracted by Joe's arrival - as well as the thing chasing him.

013 - The Plantation 04

TravelerJim

Trapped in the plantation house with night falling and hordes of cultists arriving, the investigators attempt to infiltrate and disrupt the coming ceremony.

014 - The Plantation 05

TravelerJim

Mr. Bartz sets out into the swamp in pursuit of his new compatriots, as Mr. Winsworthy goes for help. The rest of the group finds themselves trapped underground, beset by horrors they could have dreamed existed.

015 - The Plantation 06

Lady_Hawkeye

Hey guys,

Just finished listening to the last podcast and it was great as usual.

The new players fit very well into the group.Listening to the last episode,I'm thinking that while the Bradford Players have Neil when it comes to a bad dice rolling at a critical time,you guys seem to have Mark for the job ;)

I'm loving the sub plot involving Mr Ballantine with his new position and new fancy suit.

those little sound effects still work very well and add to the setting.

Can't wait for the next episode.

keep up the good work.

Catherine