Sign in to follow this  
funnyfarmfodder

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello; what's going on 'ere then?

funnyfarmfodder

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a clever vignette representing the struggle of 'good' over 'evil' or something more...erm, sexual...;)

plushpile.jpg

StuartB

Welcome, funnyfarmfodder... can I call you 'fff' or 'triple f'?

Thanks for this bizarre little photo. Can I ask what Con or event that comes from?

funnyfarmfodder

Hiya Stuart, and thanks.

'triple f' sounds very street and makes me sound young and dymanic [sic], so we can go with that if you like :lol:

I must confess I found the picture whilst looking for suppliers of plushes (a present for my young niece ), so I can't vouch for its provenance I regret.

Btw, what are the good cons in the UK nowadays? I used to go to the Games Day and Dragonmeet up in London village, but it's been a few years since I've been to one.

Cheers

'triple f' :wink:

StuartB

Yo, triple f.

As a relative noob to the UK Con scene myself I can only recommend what I've heard others recommend, which is that Dragonmeet and Continuum are premiere Cons, but I'm sure others will pipe in here.

The picture is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see at a Con vendor table: colour, variety, elder gods, etc.

neilford

Dragonmeet is held every year in London. We are waiting confirmation of the date for 2011, but it will be around the usual time of end of November, start of December. Details can be found at http://www.dragonmeet.co.uk

Continuum is only held every two years. The next is 2012. A search for continuum rpg con should get you their website.

A good calendar of rpg events in the UK can be found at http://www.ukroleplayers.com/features/conventions/

A good event to consider is UK Games Expo, held in Birmingham around June/July time. It's been going 2 or 3 years now and has built up quite a good reputation.

Hope that helps.

- Neil.

neilford

I'll also add http://www.philm.demon.co.uk/RPGs/conventions.htm as another good source. I see you are from Kent. I know there is a convention in Canterbury next weekend. I won't be there myself as I'll be at Conception which is held further along the coast near Christchurch.

- Neil.

Finn123

Looks like GenCon to me. But I suppose it could be nearly any big con. But I've definitely seen that set up at GenCon over the last two years.

Noble

I want to know where Elvis Cthulhu is putting his right hand.

funnyfarmfodder
I want to know where Elvis Cthulhu is putting his right hand.

Maybe he's reaching for a ctheese burger? Sorry, that barely qualified as a pun :oops:

It's good to see that the world of cons is alive and thriving. 'Next Dragonmeet is sooo far off though; I'll check the rpg calender link - thanks.

MarkusAmongus

that would make an awesome scenario/monster little kid gets hold of his weird grandpappys "cook book" and strange things start to happen in a nice suburban neighborhood.

neorxnawang

Clearly, that is a local shop. For local people. We'll have no trouble here.

Paddurz
As a relative noob to the UK Con scene myself I can only recommend what I've heard others recommend.

I was expecting you, StuartB, to write about the cultist-conventions in Cannich... ;-) (considering that it's been part of two Yoggie Audio-games maybe I should've expected PoC to fly that particular flag...)

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this