Sign in to follow this  
StuartB

Shadows Over Scotland - Update

StuartB

Is it possible that the world is ready for a scenario entitled 'The Coffee Cake of Cthulhu'?

Are the star-shaped blocks of sugar right? Some clearly think so!

GreveMagnus

Stuart, I can't believe you missed your chance to write up The Broons for CoC! Help ma Boab! :D

Dundee is obviously just gonna have to get a whole book of its own.

distanttraveller
In addition to 7 scenarios (see below)

Are the scenarios specifically set in the "classic" period of the 1920s or do the cover other eras also (as those in "Cthulhu Britannica")?

StuartB
Stuart, I can't believe you missed your chance to write up The Broons for CoC! Help ma Boab! :D

Dundee is obviously just gonna have to get a whole book of its own.

HA! Can you imagine!

Investigator 1: 'Och, whit's tha doon ther?! Jings!'

Investigator 2: 'Crivvens! Tha's auld Cthulhu hisself! Quit yer greetin' an' skirlin' and run, ya haverin' eedjit!'

StuartB
Are the scenarios specifically set in the "classic" period of the 1920s or do the cover other eras also (as those in "Cthulhu Britannica")?

Hello, distanttraveller :)

These are 'classic' scenarios set in 1920s Scotland, yes. They could be tweaked to other time periods of course. 1890s to 1930s would be the simplest, moving them into the modern era would require more effort. In the 1930s, for example, you could have scenarios that coincide with the Loch Ness monster sightings.

squiffy

Looks splendid, have we got a release date yet? :D

StuartB

Hello, Squiffy. :)

The final manuscript is with Cubicle 7 editor, Sarah Newton (of Legends of Anglerre/Starblazer Adventures fame). So it's final days now. Art is done and layout is ready to go.

I'm not 100% sure how quickly things go from layout to hardcovers on the shelves--other Yoggies could probably chime in with a realistic timeframe--but I could guess end of February or early March? Of course, people who have pre-ordered will see the PDF before that.

WiseWolf
Hello, Squiffy. :)

Of course, people who have pre-ordered will see the PDF before that.

Preorder? What?! When?! Where?!! I would like both PDF and heavy/high shipping costs book, thanks.

neilford

You can preorder the book and PDF bundle here. US orders are shipped from our US warehouse, reducing shipping costs. The book is currently slated for a February release.

I have a meeting in the office tomorrow, so I will get an update and see how on track the book is.

- Neil.

WiseWolf

Thanks, Neil!

Stuart, probably you did and I just missed it. I am really looking forward to get this supplement, I have a soft spot in my heart for Scotland, and I can't wait to play in those lands.

More likely I will place the order until the first week of Feb, I hope I still get the offer for the pdf/hardcover :). Congrats on getting this done!

neilford

Shadows over Scotland is scheduled for a March 2011 release and we are on track to meet that.

The book/PDF bundle continues once the book has been released. If you pre-order you get the PDF ahead of the physical book.

- Neil.

moonbeast

I'm quite interested in Cubicle 7's recent offerings for Britannica. However, I was disappointed to learn that the most-recent Avalon/Somerset book did not include a map of the region. An an American, IMHO that is a bit of a let-down.

With Shadows over Scotland.... are there plans to include some kind of regional map?

StuartB

Hello, moonbeast.

Shadows Over Scotland splits the country into three regions: Lowlands, Highlands and Islands (including Orkney & Shetland). Maps are provided for each of these distinct regions in addition to a map of the whole of Scotland (to bring it all together and show the country in relation to the rest of the UK/Europe) and, of course, maps for each of the cities and towns. Further maps are included in the seven scenarios, so there will be all sorts of map goodness within.

The maps are in good hands with Jon Hodgson, Art Director at Cubicle 7, and although I haven't seen maps as yet, I have seen about half of the artwork and it is very impressive stuff.

rylehNC
I'm quite interested in Cubicle 7's recent offerings for Britannica. However, I was disappointed to learn that the most-recent Avalon/Somerset book did not include a map of the region. An an American, IMHO that is a bit of a let-down.

This is not the case. There is a map of Somerset, although it lacks the context of geographical and political borders.

cpt_machine

I'm like a kid in a candy store with this new Britannia stuff, british source books written by british writers to help capture the spirit of the country running in the best RPG out there.

Jon Hodgson

I thought you good ladies and gentlemen might be interested in this short promotional film showing some of the artwork from the forthcoming Shadows over Scotland:

[video=youtube;e0Of4cgLm1M]

Taken from the Cubicle7TV channel on Youtube.

JonHook

Wow. That looks cool as hell. I can't wait. Thanks for the peek! ;)

Noble

Well Mr StuartB you had me with your first posting on this book, and now I have seen the above ad I'am even more sure then a can antiperspirant. I will be counting the days until I can my sassenach paws on it.

GreveMagnus

Top-notch stuff! Can't wait for this wee beastie to surface from the Cubicle 7 loch! :)

StuartB
Top-notch stuff! Can't wait for this wee beastie to surface from the Cubicle 7 loch! :)

Thanks, Noble, Greve and Jon. I too can't wait to see this beast of a project transformed into glorious hardcover! ;)

cpt_machine

I'm ashamed to say that I dont know that much about scotland to run a 1920 games in it and be comfortable I got alot of the details right, I cant wait for this book.

Xipuloxx

WANT WANT WANT :8E:

...so much lovely stuff coming soon, how will I afford it all? :-?

StuartB
WANT WANT WANT :8E:

...so much lovely stuff coming soon, how will I afford it all? :-?

Hmm, well going on some of the activities that people get up to in the book to make money, you could...

• call upon a Great Old Ones to help you
  • gate into your local shop one night
  • convince others of the utter hopelessness of human existence and pilfer their homes while they are distracted
  • make your bank manager your mindless slave
  • sell your auntie
  • join a cult (if you haven't already) and use the power(s) you've gained to line your pockets and, thereby, afford the books you want
  • go adventuring!

Just some thoughts, although I can only really recommend the final bullet point. ;)

StuartB

Quick Update:

Shadows Over Scotland has gone into layout. Not long now!