Sign in to follow this  
K_Peterson

[Campaign] Sunset at Sandy Gulch

K_Peterson

My group skipped a week of gaming, so Session #3 didn't occur 'til last night.

As expected, it was a terrible scene filled with violence and sanity loss. In the end, only 1 investigator survived the remaining 7 Sand Dwellers, and the Great Old One, Arwassa, himself.

What was surprising was how well the players rolled during the session - and how poorly I rolled. The 7 Sand Dwellers barely stood a chance in the combat. Many were taken out at medium range with rifle shots, and thrown dynamite. When they closed to hand-to-hand, I couldn't make a 60% Claw attack to save my life.

Arwassa's appearance caused serious issues, of course, but only 1 of the investigators succumbed to indefinite insanity. The rest suffered minimal sanity loss, and did their best to flee the scene. While 1 investigator got a head-start fleeing, the rest soon realized that escape was not going to be easy. Prostitutes and investigators were scooped up easily by 100% tentacle attacks and pulped for 12d6 damage. It took a very lucky combination of a fanned revolver attack with 2 thrown sticks of dynamite to defeat Arwassa. And just barely.

The sole, surviving investigator used the remainder of the dynamite to collapse the cave mouth, and then fled back to the mining town of Rio Rosa. While he collected a substantial reward for returning the company payroll, and defeating Crazy-Eyed Pete's gang, he decided to close up shop in town and get the heck out of Dodge. (He was the least combat-capable character - working as a geologist/assayer in the small mining town).

At this point, the campaign has come to a halt. Another GM was eager to take the reins and run a Scifi campaign. It also seemed unlikely that we'd be able to segue to another scenario with 1 surviving investigator, who would be reluctant to 'adventure' again.

Cole

Thanks for sharing these sessions and good luck with the sci fi campaign.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this