Sign in to follow this  
Pookie

Thank You Secret Shoggoth V

Pookie

Just to let you know that yesterday I received a gift from a Secret Shoggoth... a Cthulhu Clock via Innsmouth House.

Thank you.

YunusWesley

Secret Shoggoth presents! Who could have sent such a good movie, and a book for my exam reading, one so good I can argue with it *immediately* upon opening it up. *Why* does the author equate magicians with gnostics? Plotinus argues against gnostics, but what words is he actually using and how does he conceive of these people? The use of "gnostic" as an analytic category *completely* made up by modern scholars is something of a problem!

Thanks, community of Yoggies. And hey, you who *sent* this to me, send me a message!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1075

SacredSpud

...and I'm the proud new owner of copies of Chaosium's The Tsathoggua Cycle and The Complete Pegana! Thanks, whoever you are!

neorxnawang

An ill wind has blown in from Wisconsin, and perhaps fortunately, there was no cheese :-) Only a HP Lovecraft graphic novel, and another about the Amazing Screw-on Head, and a set of Cthulhu Dice. Thank you O mysterious benefactor....

CharlesDexterWard

Got my package today! I have not opened it yet, so thanks to the cultist in Nutley, New Jersey.

I will have to keep the box--it came decorated just for the Yithmas holidays:

2010package.jpg

Thanks!

WinstonP

I suspect I may have been one of the first to get my gift this year... my two gifts actually... and had it not been for a bout of a most malevolent ailment, I'd have posted my "thanks" sooner.

Gift A) The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum, a Pulizter Prize winning account of the birth of forensic science in Jazz-Era Manhattan. Nifty!

post-98-137675605918_thumb.jpg

and them came.... gift B... like a nightmare spiraling out of the obsidian void, its very name a curse to speak, an abhorrent obscenity of aeons-dead terror, it's quivering putrescence a mockery of the tissue-dream of any hope for a loving god...

post-98-137675605942_thumb.jpg

The horror!

the horror...

(Merry Yithmas! :) )

SacredSpud
like a nightmare spiraling out of the obsidian void, its very name a curse to speak, an abhorrent obscenity of aeons-dead terror, it's quivering putrescence a mockery of the tissue-dream of any hope for a loving god...

Doesn't uh, doesn't the Postal Service ask if you're shipping anything anything potentially biohazardous?

JonHook

Awesome! I looked on my doorstep this afternoon, and was greeted with a package. Inside I found More Adventures in Arkham Country!

SANY0094.jpg

Thank you Secret Shoggoth!

StuartB

Christmas with the Brady Bunch?!

*rolls SAN*

SSior.27

Thank you to whoever you are for the Munchkin Cthulhu expansions 3 and 4! Now to shuffle them into the core game and reap Munchkiny horror on my friends!

SecretShoggothpic.jpg

Lammomedes

Thank you my Secret Yoggie for the two books: one on the Haunted Houses of California, the other on the Winchester House. I was to the latter when I was a young kid, and I have been reading the book on and off since I got it this afternoon. I might have to shift the house to my current wild west game, rather than use it in the 1920s.

But thanks..those are the great things I am looking for.

PS: I'll post pictures tomorrow.

crimsontree

Thank you Secret Shoggoth for sending me such excellent gifts. 2 Fhtagn! bookmarks, a Loreo 3D viewer with YSDC 3D cards, the Spaceship zero soundtrack, the Eternal Lies Suite from Pelgrane Press & the audio DVD of Horror on the Orient Express & The Masks of Nyarlathotep.

Excellent timing. I am busy compiling music for my Armitage Files campaign & these are very welcome additions.

My wife laughed when she heard me yelp with joy as I opened my Secret Shoggoth package. She either said "You yelp like a ghoul/You yelp like a girl."

I'm sticking with the former! ;)

N-kun

thank you very much o secret shoggoth! I now have some reading to get me through the dark winter nights, Firstly Monstrous: 20 Tales of Giant Creature Terror promises to "knock man off the top of the food chain" and secondly The Spiraling Worm by David Conyers and John Sunseri promises to be "man vs the mythos" i know who i will be betting on!! As if this bumper pack of bloody death wasn't enough my rather spiffing shoggoth sent me the first season of the most excellent Dexter series! I asked to be surprised and i am most pleasantly so! Thanks again

N

Gol-Goroth

I got the most amazing gift from my secret shoggoth. When I saw the mail tag reading from Bradford, I knew I was in for a treat. When I saw the customs label listing the contents as Leather Bags (2), I started to smile quite widely. Then, when I opened it, I was stunned. Two custom made leather dice bags with different versions of the Miskatonic River Press logo. Wow, just wow, totally stunned, deeply honored and incredibly grateful! I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Thom_Serveaux

And quite fittingly, I get to follow my Secret Shoggoth. :D Don't worry your secret is safe with me! ;)

What did I get, two of the bestest books ever! (And no not the Necronomicon!)

photo.jpg

Thank you Secret Shoggoth, I shall be flipping through them with great interest tonight!

Fin

I received a mysterious parcel today from far flung Cathay. Carefully wrapped within was a tightly rolled scroll...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120

A Tibetan Thangka said to bring luck to the owner.

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth and thanks to CA Thompson for arranging the Shoggothing again this year!

StuartB

That is gorgeous! What a fantastic gift!

Paradroid

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth, for "London: The Biography". Some read a got ahead of me ... I really like historical books about cities, so that one is spot-on, for some arcane reason!

AndyMcD52

Thank you to the Shoggie that provided me with a shiney copy of Cthulhu Britannica Avalon, what a great gift

DownbeatGorilla

Cheers and thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for my lovely gift, which now has my co-workers questioning my (albeit slight) sanity levels in my choice of calendars!

Khelbiros

Thank you, Secret Shog, for those lovely Pelgrane PDFs!

patrick1971

I am now the proud owner of a Cthulhu clock and mug! Thanks very much!!

AIEEE

Thanks in advance to my Secret Shoggoth. I think I shall delay the opening of my wrapped up gifts until the Solstice when the stars are right and the seals can be broken.

And now I feel kinda bad about not wrapping up my gifts.

Noble

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for a copy of Pelgrane Press's Skulduggery, I would of never of thought of getting this for myself and I am looking forward to reading through it.

Badger

I big thanks to my Secret Shoggoth who knows that great gifts can sometimes come in small packages. The pre-painted miniatures for Arkham Horror are pretty damn amazing. I can't wait to put these to use.

Pix on their way, if i can figure out how to take decent shots of something so teeny. ;)

-=b