Sign in to follow this  
erickdredd

Chaosium site insecure?

yockenthwaite

I just ordered ($125 free shipping, including the 30th Anniversary edition) and paid by PayPal. Seemed fine. I was quite happy. And I have been nobbled before :)

merdraut
Thanks! The distinction is greatly appreciated, I'll be ordering it in the morning.

Happy to help, that's what paypal is for, ordering when you're uncomfortable transmitting your details in the wild.

AcesandEights

Any follow up/new impressions from anyone on the sites security since the upgrade?

With the Gaslight pdf sales and free US shipping for orders over $60, I was thinking of dipping my toe back in.

merdraut
Any follow up/new impressions from anyone on the sites security since the upgrade?

With the Gaslight pdf sales and free US shipping for orders over $60, I was thinking of dipping my toe back in.

I haven't heard anything since the update, which I think is a pretty good sign, haven't tried it myself though. As much as I loathe endorsing paypal, if you use that to pay, you should be fine (provided you don't use your paypal password elsewhere).

Zadok21

Well, this comes as a surprise to me. I've been a loyal Chaosium customer for ages. I just purchased the MRP More Adventures in Arkham Country and New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley along with Cthulhu by Gaslight. And then stumbled across this thread......so here's hoping all is well with the Shipping Shoggoth.

merdraut

I feel somewhat bad that this keeps cropping up now, admittedly there may have been a problem in the past, but their new cart seems to be secure and fully functional.

Sent using dark forces and my phone

patrick1971
I haven't heard anything since the update, which I think is a pretty good sign, haven't tried it myself though. As much as I loathe endorsing paypal, if you use that to pay, you should be fine (provided you don't use your paypal password elsewhere).

This was started 18 months ago when a bunch of people had issues, since then Chaosium have improved security and no one has had issues for a while, so I assume it's as safe now...

Zadok21

I'm sure it is ok. I just get very paranoid when it comes to online purchases. I really wish it wasn't an issue anywhere. Hacking and such really upsets me.

wombat1

The Chaosium site allows you the option of putting the order together on-line, printing it out, and paying by good old fashioned check. I did this once when I had a gift certificate voucher and wished to run over it a bit. It worked just swell. Since it seems that e-commerce is likely to be compromised at odd and irregular intervals (wasn't there just a hacking episode in New York City last week?) the best solution if there is ever the least doubt is to make the money move by snail mail as much as possible.