Sign in to follow this  
PoC

News from Pnakotus (S1, 2010-2012)

YunusWesley

Oh Paul, Chris, you guys make such a fun Pnodcast. This is great for my usual podcast listening (in the kitchen, doing laundry, and falling asleep (to the ones I've heard already, lulling!)) --your laughter and infectious geekery give me something very fun to look forward to on a pleasantly variable schedule! Keep cracking those atoms, boys.

PoC

news-from-pnakotus-logo.jpgThe first News from Pnakotus for 2011.

"Crom!"

News from Pnakotus 006

This show is sponsored by Innsmouth House.

Download News from Pnakotus 006 (30 MB) Running time: 01:03:51

Yes, we thought it would be a slow news time over the holidays, but we ran over an hour. Sorry about that!

Additional Notes on the Show:

Many of the games and site news items are on Yoggie's Front Page, and the listed conventions can be found in our Conventions forum, though a link to cjearkham's MythosCon pictures may be useful. For the rest here's a few (hopefully helpful) links along with the promised link to the sadly now defunct Godzilla Gaming Podcast.

The Frank Belknap Long omnibus from Centipede Press look lovely, but you may need deep pockets. Cthulhu continues his inexorable rise. The contents for Dead but Dreaming 2 from Miskatonic River Press have been finalised. S.T. Joshi has his own Blog and full of interesting news it is too.

Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown while only coming out a couple of years ago, is now available to watch online! We mention the Beyond the Mountains of Madness soundtrack by Erdenstern. Below are a couple of YouTube videos we talk about in the show, one of which segues into the news that A Means to Freedom:The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard will be out in paperback from Hippocampus Press in the Spring.

Cerasus media have announced a "hidden object mystery game" based on At the Mountains of Madness will be available on many platforms later this year.

Finally a couple of YouTube video featured in the show. Crom!

[video=youtube;YjKKptsL33I]

[video=youtube;OBGOQ7SsJrw]

Conan the Barbarian: The Musical, courtesy of http://www.jonandal.com/

WiseWolf

If it is not happening in yog-sothoth.com, it is not happening. Another great show, guys. Thanks for the really, impressive piece of music at the end and for throwing the piece of Eternal Lies.

Also, thanks for sharing with us info about La Sombra Prohibida and the great Conan “musical”, one weird thing from beyond about Lovecraft and CoC fans, is the amount of shared interests.

Keep it up!

Morthrai

Music inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger? Try this for size!

GBSteve

In honour of your singing, here's my (prize-winning) drabble on the subject at hand:

King Conan looked down from the Eagle Throne, his brow furrowed.

‘What is it this time?’he asked his fawning vizier.

‘A delegation of Zingarans, eager to parlay.’

‘Send them in,’ said the King, waving his hand dismissively – a hand that had strangled snake-gods, climbed the Mountains of Forever, fondled dusky maidens on the altars of evil temples, now reduced to waving to courtiers. The Zingarans approached. On a signal from their leader, two women threw themselves to the ground and set off a terrible wailing.

‘Why?’ thought Conan, ‘why did I ever mention the lamentations of the women?’

Hafwit

Thanks for another great show. :)

DrVincent

Wow, Fantastic show guys and after seven years of being a member and a patron of good old YSDC I finally found the mysterious link for the show notes LOL! I can't wait to see the mountains of madness video game. It looks awesome.

Cheers,

Dr. V

PoC

news-from-pnakotus-logo.jpgNews for late January, 2011.

"Stirred, not Shaken"

News from Pnakotus 007

With your hosts, Chris Lackey & Paul Maclean.

Download News from Pnakotus 007 (24 MB) Running time: 49:28

The odd (and very odd) tangent, but still lots of things to talk about. :)

Additional Notes on the Show:

It's D&D, but not as we know it, with the Realms of Crawling Chaos. Stoneskin Press now has a web site, and with titles like Shotguns vs. Cthulhu in the pipeline it should be very interesting!

Shorpy is an excellent photographic resource for your classic-era games, and the Tron: Legacy soundtrack is surprisingly good - it's now on my Amazon wish list (see what I did there? ;)).

Last but not least, The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu. Hopefully get to watch it soon.

[video=youtube;hZLFpcwuXOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZLFpcwuXOU

GBSteve

I'm looking forwards to this. I'm really enjoying this series, you two have a great rapport.

Hafwit
I'm looking forwards to this. I'm really enjoying this series, you two have a great rapport.

Very much this. You have good and unforced chemistry. :) Thanks.

clackey

Go on... you guys are making me blush!

Thanks for listening!

WiseWolf

I second GBSteve. And I didn't expect it so soon! I am a happy cthulhu-addict!

yockenthwaite

Can my bank balance cope ;) I've bought things after listening to both of the previous episodes, one a piece of music (Eternal Lies Suite) which blew me away, and the other those HPL Playing Cards. What will I buy this time?! ;)

One minor correction though. The previous instalment talked about the hardback annotated edition of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward released by University of Tampa Press. I'm sure it's really nice and all, but for those of us on more of a budget there's also a paperback edition which is much more bank balance friendly. I bought that (not prompted by News from Pnakotus for once!) from Amazon.com.

emsmith

Better, Mr. Lackey?

cthulhuWithSickSighs.jpg

Cthulhu with Sick Sighs

PoC

What an image?! :)

Donnovan_Sunrider

Have you links to these images that HPL drew of his creations? All I've seen is his Elder Sign depiction, and didn't know he did any drawings of his creatures until now.

PoC

Here's the drawing of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft that Chris was referring to in NfP 007. How many eyes do you see?

cthulhu-by-hpl.jpg

- and here's the Shorpy image I was talking about.

moxie.jpg

Noble

Is that a cape she's got on, are we sure she ain't a super hero, wish I had a cape.

PoC

Don't your investigators wear capes? ;)

Hmmm, gives me some ideas... :)

Noble

Just to let you know the the Daft Punk CD is worth it, I enjoyed the film and bought the CD as soon as I had left the cinema, the French duo even have a spot in film as the DJ's in the club. I prefer AIR for my French electric pop, but Daft Punk are also very good.

lordof1

Is saw Eric's image in this thread before I'd got round to listening to news from pnakotus, and couldn't imagine what was discussed! Now, I finally understand :) (But the SAN is gone forever)

Fort Grizzly

Just some silly trivia about the pic. As an aficionado of firearms...and of lady's legs :), it looks from the picture she has a Colt .32

Semi auto were not so common as they are today, most people still preferred the wheelgun or revolver.

Fort Grizzly

boysmithers

Wow, I love Shorpy here's Herbert West making a cocktail...

post-6882-137675608102_thumb.jpg