Sign in to follow this  
Gol-Goroth

Status Report - Tales of the Sleepless City

sda

I am knee-deep in copy editing the wonderful scenarios and the preliminary sketches for the first pieces of art are in, so we're moving along. This is going to be a fun, BLOODY book! Lots of nasty Mythos goodness here.

Cthulhudude

Great news, Scott. Can't wait to see it in the flesh...er, paper.

HomoLupusDomesticus

Just when I kind of decided that, apart from the new Keeper's screen, my collection of CoC was complete you come up with this!

tlynch999

And the playtests of two of the scenarios went swimmingly at MythosCon. :cool:

Danharms
I do not believe there is a set year in the scenarios, but they're not all complete yet, so don't quote me on that.

Mine is written around a specific incident, so it's best run in 1928. If the Keeper wishes to move it, I think only NYC history buffs will notice the change.

WiseWolf

Nice! What's the ET for the pre-order? Not that I am eager, I couldn't do it now, but just wondering to plan ahead.

tlynch999
Nice! What's the ET for the pre-order? Not that I am eager, I couldn't do it now, but just wondering to plan ahead.

Good question. At the risk of becoming famous for vaporware, we're going to put out the two books we have up for preorder first. Those should both be out this spring. I would look to throw more money at us by summer, for a fall release of Sleepless City.

Cthulhudude

Yay! So when do we get to see a ToC for this? :)

Dstack1776

Fall? But I want it now!!!!!

Or at least tomorrow. :)

Seriously though this looks like great fun. My group is going through a ton of real life issues which has made consistent attendance an impossibility. As luck has had it, a game centered around a small detective agency in NYC has proven perfect for my group. Even explaining missing or dropping in characters in multi-part stories has proven easy.

tlynch999
Yay! So when do we get to see a ToC for this? :)

That would be up to our project editor, Mr. Scott David Aniolowski.

Fall? But I want it now!!!!!

Or at least tomorrow. :)

Seriously though this looks like great fun. My group is going through a ton of real life issues which has made consistent attendance an impossibility. As luck has had it, a game centered around a small detective agency in NYC has proven perfect for my group. Even explaining missing or dropping in characters in multi-part stories has proven easy.

I'll do my best to move it along. I'm putting together more art assigns even as I type, just to keep it all moving. The good news is that it is all moving: editing is moving forward, art is coming in, with more assigns going out this weekend, maps are being discuss (brace yourself, Steff). It's looking like it's going to be a good book indeed.

sda

Doesn't look like there will be any ToC conversions actually IN the book. Its been discussed and we're thinking that they'll be available on-line. The bottom line is that they add an awful lot of pages to the books, and this one is going to be BIG to start with, so to keep it affordable (and still profitable!), we're having to make some concessions.

And as Tom says, the book IS moving along. There was an overall delay in projects, but that seems to have been fixed: Lurco is finally nearing completion in layout so I'm trying to get my edit done on NY so that it can go to our layout wizard soon (and having just gotten a peek at Lurco I can tell you its going to be a beautiful book!). In the meantime, Dead But Dreaming 2 is just about set to go to the printer and I'm reading for Horror for the Holidays, which we're hoping to have out between Halloween and Christmas. Oscar is working on our next CoC RPG book and we've put together a tentative product schedule through 2013. So there is lots of MRP goodness simmering away.

Cthulhudude
That would be up to our project editor, Mr. Scott David Aniolowski.

Well poke him with a stick and get him to spill the beans already. ;)

Edit: Doh, he snuck in when I wasn't looking.

sda

...oh, were you talking about a TABLE OF CONTENTS? I took "ToC" as meaning TRAIL OF CTHULHU! My bad! If you meant table of contents, I will post that soon. I promise there are some nice and nasty things in this book! Its gonna give players a run for their money, but as one of my esteemed colleagues once said "If you can investigate here, you can investigate anywhere!".

Cthulhudude

Yes, sorry, Table Of Contents. Sorry for not being clearer, and now your reply makes a whole lot more sense.

csmithadair

It's a miserly publisher indeed who decides that a table of contents will add too much to the cost of a book....

AndreasDavour

NY scenarios? Interesting. I have the Secrets of NY and after reading it I still didn't know what do to with it. I'm looking forward to this release.

sda

Alrighty, a little peek at the contents of the book, in no particular order:

"The Tenement" by Oscar Rios

"A Night at the Opera" by Mikael Hedberg

"The Terror from the Museum" by Brian M. Sammons

"To Awaken What Never Sleeps" by Dan Harms

"The Fishers of Men" by Mike Hurst

"Unleashed" by Tom Lynch

...and a little something else by some dusty old fossil!

StephanieMcAlea
Alrighty, a little peek at the contents of the book, in no particular order:

"The Tenement" by Oscar Rios

"A Night at the Opera" by Mikael Hedberg

"The Terror from the Museum" by Brian M. Sammons

"To Awaken What Never Sleeps" by Dan Harms

"The Fishers of Men" by Mike Hurst

"Unleashed" by Tom Lynch

...and a little something else by some dusty old fossil!

(gulp)

Guess who's gonna have to map those...

Cthulhudude

Woo hoo! Quite the collection of cultists. I'm thrilled just to be a part of it. Can't wait for this to come out.

tlynch999
(gulp)

Guess who's gonna have to map those...

Naturally! D'you think we'd trust anyone *else*? :-)

Xipuloxx

Oh, that looks good. Osk, Brian, Dan, Tom, and presumably Scottosaurus ("some dusty old fossil" ;)). And I'm sure Steff's maps will be great! Is Badger doing the layout again?

I don't use the Trail of Cthulhu conversions, so I'm happy not to have to pay for pages that I won't use. If they're on the website for those who do want them, everyone should be happy.

I don't think I've heard of Mikael Hedberg or Mike Hurst. Have they done anything else for CoC?

Come to think of it, has Dan Harms? (I know he did the encyclopedia, I mean has he done anything previously for the game?)

Badger
Oh, that looks good. Osk, Brian, Dan, Tom, and presumably Scottosaurus ("some dusty old fossil" ;)). And I'm sure Steff's maps will be great! Is Badger doing the layout again?

I sure am. >:D

-=b

Xipuloxx

Eeeexcellent.

Danharms
Come to think of it, has Dan Harms? (I know he did the encyclopedia, I mean has he done anything previously for the game?)

Bits here and there - a scenario and a few articles in THE UNSPEAKABLE OATH, other articles for WORLDS OF CTHULHU, an expansion of Doc's tomes material in the KEEPER'S COMPANION (mistakenly uncredited), the scenario "Diggin' up the World," a forthcoming sourcebook on ghouls, Fury of Yig, a forthcoming colonial adventure...

I'd forgotten how much I'd written until I started that list. Wow. That looks impressive.