cjbowser

Spirits and Dreams of the Viking Age

Careless

Well now, as i've returned to Yoggy from an extended leave - i might as well ask: Has anyone picked up the monograph? I'm rather interested in how the author tried to tackle Nordic shamanism and magic and the Mythos. There always seems to be one of two options, either "Full on Integration" or "Carving out a Space for some Non-Mythos elements."

justadame

Well, thats three Mula's I would like to get my sweaty mitts on.

Pookie
Well now, as i've returned to Yoggy from an extended leave - i might as well ask: Has anyone picked up the monograph? I'm rather interested in how the author tried to tackle Nordic shamanism and magic and the Mythos. There always seems to be one of two options, either "Full on Integration" or "Carving out a Space for some Non-Mythos elements."

It is only just out, so the likelihood is not quite yet.

Careless

BUMP!

Sorry for that folks, but would you believe i really heavily on YS and its patron reviews before i go take the plunge myself? So far, i've never been steered wrong (and the one time I went ahead and bought something that was panned....yesh that was a mistake!)

awokendreamer

Resurrecting a thread that hasn't been touched in 7 years. But I'm glad I found this. I was debating buying this, and after you're review, I think I'm good lol.

Ric

With one of my groups we are running the Dread Eye of Azathoth campaign, and the surviving characters are spun off into adventures in their era. The opening scenario is a Viking one, so we are currently playing the Spirits and Dreams campaign with them. The shamanism and other world settings are a little different to the regular CoC setting, but they are appropriate for characters who have been traumatised mentally and 'touched' by the cosmic dark as a consequence of their first adventure. I find the monograph a good resource.