Sign in to follow this  
PoC

Innsmouth House - The Yogge Shoppe

PoC

mansions-of-madness-bg.jpgAvailable next Tuesday (1st March) at Innsmouth House we have Fantasy Flight Games' much anticipated new Lovecraftian board game: Mansions of Madness.

Recommended retail is £64.99 but we have it available for £53.99 and for only £48.99 if you're a Yoggie Patron.

This is a BIG game, jam-packed with components and weighing in at nearly 3 Kgs!

Mansions of Madness at Innsmouth House.

StuartB
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1416[/ATTACH]Available next Tuesday (1st March) at Innsmouth House we have Fantasy Flight Games' much anticipated new Lovecraftian board game: Mansions of Madness.

Recommended retail is £64.99 but we have it available for £53.99 and for only £48.99 if you're a Yoggie Patron.

Mansions of Madness at Innsmouth House.

Oh my... oh my...

*requires resuscitation*

Paddurz

Bu**er! That brought it well into the infamous £1,000 shipping fee... Fiddlesticks! Yes, I know that it won't be that much but it does mean that the shipping will be rudely expensive! Can't FFG release a "lite" version that comes at 6 lbs. instead?

*moans disconcertedly*

PoC

Mansions of Madness is now available from Innsmouth House.

It's certainly a big box game (larger than FFG's Arkham Horror). We have it on offer at £53.99 and if you're a Yoggie Patron it's only £48.99.

Since we've just started "March into Madness", patrons can also get 40-70% off a range of board games, card games and select RPGs.

PoC

"The Whisperer in Wax": New Cylinder from Yog-Sothoth

twid-cylinder-pack-close-up.jpg

We conclude our month-long "March into Madness" Patron Drive with the announcement of a new product from the attic of Innsmouth House - an exclusive Whisperer in Darkness prop kit.

"It is more than two years now since I last ran off that blasphemous waxen cylinder; but at this moment, and at all other moments, I can still hear that feeble, fiendish buzzing as it reached me for the first time.

Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!"

This prop kit contains select materials relating to H.P. Lovecraft's story, The Whisperer in Darkness and features:

• Wax cylinder with a mysterious & chilling recording (2 minutes, 5 seconds).
  • A 30 page copy of Albert Wilmarth's manuscript describing the events in Vermont (HPL's The Whisperer in Darkness).
  • Two large (faux) contemporary photographs taken by Henry Akeley.
  • A guide on how to handle your cylinder recording.
  • A signed, sealed and numbered certificate of ownership.

This is the first Lovecraftian wax cylinder ever produced and makes a magnificent prop for your Cthulhu games or a wonderful talking point at parties.

Available from our online shop at Innsmouth House.

Xipuloxx

Has the USB memory stick sold out? If so, will you be getting more in? I was going to ask for it for my birthday (in a month's time) but it seems to have vanished!

PoC

Val got the last one!

We currently don't plan on getting more in as demand had dropped off significantly and the minimum order cost is high. After canvasing about USB sticks it seems an increasing number of people are beginning to favour net-based storage systems (like Drop Box) which may explain the sale rate!

theuglyamerican
Val got the last one!

Curse you Val!

*shakes fist ineffectually*

I was in the market for one this week too, but saw that it had vanished. Ah well, an opportunity missed and all that. I'll just have to buy an ordinary USb drive and draw Cthulhu on it with a felt-tip pen. :-(

Xipuloxx

Oh well, that's a shame. I wish I'd known they were selling out so quickly, I would have bought one ages ago if I'd known they might not be around for much longer!

Well, that'll teach me for next time. :neutral:

PoC

The issue was that sales had dropped off significantly to the point where placing a minimum order re-stock would meant having a fair number of USB sticks on the shelf for (projected) years and we simply aren't able to afford to have money tied up in a lot of stock on the shelf. :(

Essentially unless we hit upon a good regular seller, for physical products, expect everything to be in limited supply!

Xipuloxx

Oh, I quite understand, Paul. Don't worry, I'm not blaming you! :)

theuglyamerican

Oh, I completely understand. Oooh! I'll just draw a black blob on a USB drive and claim it's a formless spawn of Tsathoggua! :D

PoC

A small sign goes up in the window...

The little shop of cosmic horrors is closing its doors for the week (or so) while we're away on an extended survey of islands and canals.

The tentacular emporium will re-open once again on Saturday, 7th May, 2011!

PoC

memorabilia-pack-1920s.jpgBesides a restock on select items, new for May we have both Chaosium's Eldritch Evolutions fiction anthology by Lois Gresh and The Legacy of Arrius Lurco (a Cthulhu Invictus campaign by Oscar Rios) from Miskatonic River Press.

Also new in we have some rather excellent Memorabilia Packs that would no doubt make excellent handouts for games, including one for the "Roaring 1920s".

If you're going to UK Games Expo next week then Innsmouth House (and the Yoggies) will be there with lots to offer including rare items, sneak peeks and things dug out from the Cthulhoid attic!

PoC

1920s-mem-pack-contents.jpgA bigger picture of the contents of the "1920s Pack" (click on the image). There's lots of fun pieces inside including:

• Etiquette booklet
  • Fashion and health leaflets
  • Theatre and dance programmes
  • Travel invoice
  • Pianists vamping chart
  • Miscellaneous cards

The 1920s Etiquette booklet is particularly fascinating, covering etiquette in the home, society, and love, courtship and marriage...

In making an introduction, a gentleman, even if of superior rank, should always be presented to the lady. In introducing those of the same sex, the younger should be presented to the elder. It is usually desirable at more elaborate functions to ask permission of a lady to whom you desire an introduction to a gentleman. After an introduction the gentleman on a future occasion must always await the lady's signal of acknowledgment. He must not presume upon the fact of a prior introduction to attempt to begin an acquaintanceship.

So there! :)

PoC

To make some of the above-mentioned memorabilia packs even more entertaining, Adam Gauntlett (The Bookshelf, Not so Quiet) has created some "Period Nightmares" - a set of sinister scenario seeds that leverage pack contents as high quality handouts for any Lovecraftian investigative game.

A part example of one entry from the Roaring 1920s Pack (the first available).

Vitafter Tonic Foods:

A copy of this pamphlet is found clutched in the hand of a dead man. The body fats have converted to adipocere, a yellowish-white suet-like substance which covers face, neck and most of the trunk. It has preserved the internal organs, such that an autopsy might be performed. Time of death can be broadly estimated at 4 to 6 months prior, which is how long it takes for adipocere to form. The truly odd thing about it is, this phenomenon is normally seen in bodies buried in dark ground or immersed in water, yet this fellow was found on dry land.

Resolution one: A chemist nearby has been faking Vitafer using chemicals and substances left over from his Victorian predecessor. Though business has been brisk, one batch was contaminated by something supernaturally nasty. Though it granted vigour, it also promoted suicidal thoughts. This poor fellow chucked himself in the river, but could not die, and came back to track down the chemist. His body temporarily failed him, but he'll be getting up again soon.

Resolution two: ...

The Period Nightmares scenarios come with their respective packs, both in physical and electronic formats.

period-nightmares-example-sheets.jpg

Look out for more in the future!

GBSteve

When does Adam sleep? He's a one man mythos industry.

You also have Cruise Liners Memorabilia pack listed but it's not particularly clear from the pack itself that it comes with Adam's work included, especially if you're browsing on a small screen.

PoC

The Liners pack is not yet available (until we get a restock). ;)

Karloff
When does Adam sleep? He's a one man mythos industry.

You also have Cruise Liners Memorabilia pack listed but it's not particularly clear from the pack itself that it comes with Adam's work included, especially if you're browsing on a small screen.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbwuh? zzzzzzz

I have written Period Nightmares for the Liners Pack, so when Paul gets some more in stock no doubt they'll be included. I've offered to write more for the other packs . . . . ;)

PoC

We have a restock of the Mem Packs and (for GBSteve) the Liners' Pack is now available again !

GBSteve

Duly purchased.

PoC

Duly sent. :)

PoC

occult-london-guide.jpgJust in, The Big Smoke: The Investigator's Guide to Occult London, the much anticipated companion volume for Bookhounds of London. It's in limited supply as it went out of print as soon as it was sent out by the publisher (another reprint is due in August).

We also have restocks of Bookhounds of London and the Trail of Cthulhu rule book, as well as the Call of Cthulhu Keeper's Screen.

Thanks for looking and thanks for your support!

Afraid of the dark

Well I was actually thinking that I'd want the limited one, as it's slightly different, or am I wrong? £12.59 seems cheap, only a few pages? I havn't looked into it too greatly, but it sounds a great resource, mainly to hand out as a prop.

As for that Keepers screen, I've got one of the early ones, and thought, ah, why would I want it, so overlooked it in the recent sale.

Doh!

That's a really nice picture on it. I'll have to have it at some point.