Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord_Sin

What are you listening to right now?

Fallingtower

PJ Harvey

White Stripes

Slayer

Blackmore's Night

Iron Maiden- A workfriend has been trying to teach me the ways of the Maiden

Cthulhudude

Listen to him, he sounds like a wise man. 8)

And right now for me it’s Prong, “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck†Yeah, it’s kind of silly (okay, very silly) but it’s got a killer bass riff.

Fallingtower

Listen to him, he sounds like a wise man. 8)

Methinks thine mullet is showing :D

I am awaiting a few Iron Maiden burned CD's from him.

For some reason I have to brace myself for 'The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner'

Eddie!!! He's not a puppy...right?

Cthulhudude
Just got the new Ministry album today.

Forget the last two albums. This one is amazing. Much like the vibe on "Psalm 69" and "Mind Is A Terrible Thing..." Go get it. You will NOT be disappointed.

Hmm, you best not be toying with me young man. I love Psalm 69 and heard that this new album would bring back memories of that glorious heyday however I have heard only shaky reviews about it so far, so again I ask you…are you sure it’s kick a**? :twisted:

Cthulhudude
Eddie!!! He's not a puppy...right?

Well he does like to bite and I think he’s cute and loveable so…

:twisted:

And right now it’s Iced Earth’s “High Water Markâ€Â. Man, what a kick a** 13 min. epic.

EvilDespot

Dead Kennedies- Moon over Marin.

keeps me from getting too freaked out while reading strange event threads after midnight.

cynick
However, I'm trying to get hold of the Strange Aeons CD I've seen mentioned in a couple of places on the net. Various artists doing songs and readings inspired by HPL, it was issued by Rainfall Records a couple(?) of years ago. Can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Anyone got it? Is it any good? Where can I get it in the UK?

Guess what I got in the post this morning :twisted:

Yes, it is available from http://www.clivejones.i12.com/aeons3.htm , £12 for a double CD. Includes readings by Campbell, Lumley, Ligotti, etc.

Will give it a listen when I am able to concentrate properly on listening to it and hopefully post my thoughts on it (or maybe even a review).

Right now though, I have a mixture of Marilyn Manson and My Ruin in the background :twisted:

Scurge

King Prawn - Fried In London

7 Seconds - Good To Go

Descendents - All

Slapshot - Blast Furnace

Voivod - Dimension Hatross

Death - Human

Badger
Just got the new Ministry album today.

Forget the last two albums. This one is amazing. Much like the vibe on "Psalm 69" and "Mind Is A Terrible Thing..." Go get it. You will NOT be disappointed.

Hmm, you best not be toying with me young man. I love Psalm 69 and heard that this new album would bring back memories of that glorious heyday however I have heard only shaky reviews about it so far, so again I ask you…are you sure it’s kick a**? :twisted:

Yup, i'm sure. But if you still have doubts, you can check out the first single off the new album for free here:

http://www.noiserecords.com/ministry/houses/mp3.html

Nice to see another Prong fan on the list, btw! They actually played in my neck of the woods a couple months ago...i had no idea they were back together.

-Badger

Thorulfr

Well, not at this precise moment, but sitting in the tape deck of my truck, patiently awaiting my return/escape, is a tape copy of the two Caswell-Carnahan albums. I just finished listening to "The Peeler and the Goat" from Borderlands (and just had to hit the rewind button to listen to it twice):

"Oh, the Penshaw Peeler went one night, on duty and patrolin'

He spied a goat upon the road, and took him for a' strollin'

With bayonet fixed he sallied forth, and caught him by the wizzen,

And there swore out a mighty oath: he'd send him off to prison..."

All the while underscored by Chris Caswell's driving triplet-pattern on the bodhran and that intricate bouzouki line courtesy of Danny Carnahan. Come on, you can't go far wrong with a song that has a bagpipe solo in the middle. :D

What can I say, I'm on a Celtic kick again...just dug out my old Robin Williamson story tapes and gave them another listen. The tape "5 Bardic Mysteries" is still my favorite.

"...Ohhh, when we went with Arthur,

Thrice the fill of the ship Predwyn we went.

Except seven men, none returned from the Spiral Castle,

Except seven, none returned from Caer Siddi..."

WickerMan

Today its been:

The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Be A Girl - The Wannadies

Toccata and Fugue in D - Bach

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (seeing them in concert this coming Monday)

I've been leant some Joy Division and Leonard Cohen which'll go oin the Pod at lunchtime for a nice depressing afternoon

Cthulhudude

Well thanks for the info on Ministry, I'll give 'em a try.

Nice to see another Prong fan on the list, btw! They actually played in my neck of the woods a couple months ago...i had no idea they were back together.

Hmmm, neither did I, this is news to me. :)

Oh, and right now it is one of my guilty pleasures: W.A.S.P.’s “Widowmaker.†Oh yeah, old school scary hair-metal when they would have naked nuns crucified of stage and throw raw meat at the crowd. *sigh* Those were the days… I miss them so. :cry:

Deadly_Stardust

Wow if mullets are showing for Maiden, I'd hate to see what hapens when Journey or Foreigner is brought up...

*dives for cover*

ProfMGMiller

Audioslave - I Am The Highway

EvilDespot
With a bit of a mind flip, you're into the time slip!

Ooh, scary music for reading Cthulhu boards.

thomsirveaux99

Just got the scores from 'Re-Animator' and 'From Beyond'. The latter is exactly what I've been looking for in a CD to use as quiet BG music during games.

WickerMan

Today I have been mostly listening to downloaded Chris Morris radio shows from the 1990s - especially the insane genius that is Blue Jam.

When glory walk the street. Hurrah, my first day off the medicine, yes. Then catch a car beside you snigger; “Good day, Mister bantick kootaloons.â€Â

And now another winking at a van. And soon all go; “Look, here comes the prating gravy-muncher. See him scold his shadow, aha, raise his hat to lamp-posts.†And out you run to argue with a bus, and now you flying truly thwack-to-bones, and no no no no padding.

And when you wake to find you sat at tiny desk, scribbing scratchhead maths, while kiddies peek around the door with giggles, pointing, “There’s the funny man.†And now here comes the teacher with the cops.

Then welcome. Mmmmm, package holiday welcome in Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jammmmmmmm.

-----------------------

When thrapping door-knock brings not chums with cakes, but friends of Sweaty Fred, full madding because you failed to sell, and moved your stash in smarting happy boz boz. So now the beating starts.

When wakum damp in yard to find a court of snailsin session around your head. They call you guilty, of no friends, no thoughts, no purpose, point or use and you, you dolt, concur with weeping penance. "Don't hurt me, Mr. Snail." When midnight sirens lead to blue-flash road mash, stretchers, covered heads and slippy red macadam.

So find you creeped beneath the plastic and snuggled close a mangled chap hoping soon you too be buried, flamed or freezer-drawered, "I dunno what they do, I never been there."

Then welcome, mmmm aaah oooh hmmmm, in Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Bluuuuueeeee Jaaaammmm

--------------------------------

When stand in queue for half a day, knowing not for what except that queuing feels a bit like doing, not just all alone, boo hoo. When hunchedafloors and blabby-mutter on and on, and oh just listen to you drivel likea daughter.

And when you drive for hours, arrive to find you nowhere gone, you’vejust been mouthing ‘brum, brum’, rocking wheel, of course you have, theheap is rusted through and off the road since you drove drunk through thirteenschoolyards, laughing like Prescott.

Then welcome, ah, oo costrinzi welcome, in Blue Jam, Blue Jam, BlueJam, Bluuuueee Jammmmmm...

------------------------------------

When oo stumble home full drunk, crawl to door then slowly dawns this was your house five months ago. Before the fall, before it all gone arse-up wrongo. When sudden siezed with glee in park to chase a ball and dribble, hero barging left and right. Then shouts, parental "What the drat?"'s and sudden you be flung to might, skushed be head by kiddy feet, and sneered and laughed to weeping pardons. And when you are the burning man who sees his flaming legs and sprints for nearest garage, grabs a pump and squirting, blazing in the forecourt screaming; "Come on! Splat my ratatouille across the sky!" Then welcome, mmmm ah complusian beigely, in Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Bluuuueeee Jaaammmm...

------------------------------------------

When talk with friends goes; "Captain Correlli, Captain Correlli, Captain Correlli" and though you mind be soft through years of smacky-booze, and though you cannot speak nor raise a single synapse, still you know for sure that they are wankers. When after years of gravel, sand and compost of the throat your voice returns and find you singing tuneful, top, cock-up-your-beaver, roundmouth rudey lungful, then oo pause mid-breath and see the faces of the funeral congregation and they gawp as 'tis your mother's coffin that you been serenading. And when oo pause to smile at friendly face through window, and ee glimpse in glass full horror of oo phys, all goonish flaps and gummy dribble, just like cheesy Hawking. Then welcome, mmmm, altrang un sabres, in Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Blue Jam, Bluuuuueee Jaaaammmmmm....

Eero

Steinski's Burning Out of Control, the Sugarhill Mix

Lou Reed: NYC Man

cynick

The soothing sounds of pneumatic drills ripping up next door's driveway :evil:

WickerMan

Saw them last night at Auckland's St James' Theatre (great venue) - man did they kick ass.

Unreservedly recommended.

Lord_Sin

"I Love the 80's: 1983" is running in the background. Most of it I remember like yesterday. Geezus I'm old. :roll:

sikozu

Jamie Cullum, who is in town here in San Diego tonite. I heard him perform live on 94.9 FM today - holy sweet six-breasted Momma Tcho-tcho, he is amazing. His remake of a song by a certain young singer who drowned in the Mississipp' like his father before him is only made eerier by the fact that he sounds just like said singer...

Chills, baby. Chills. As in, "I got 'em."

Cthulhudude

Thanks for the heads up on the new Ministry CD, Badger. I just got it the other day and I’m listening to it now and quite enjoying it. :)

deep1hybrid

Swayed by Badger's argument, I too have been listening to Ministry's new one and find it purty damn good. Also in heavy rotation are:

Snake River Conspiracy (love her voice, too bad she's outta the band :cry: )

KMFDM (WWIII)

Kreator & Destruction (been jonesin' for some old school german thrash)

Slayer (God Hates Us All, my favoritest band in da world)

Atari Teenage Riot (60 Second Wipeout)

Frontline Assembly (Millenium)

So, I feel I've pretty much got my finger on the pulse of the metal scene, but I get burned ALOT when I venture into the industrial/industrial-metal genre. I like most NIN, Bile, some Skinny Puppy but I'm gunshy to buy anything else. Any of you clove smokin' freaks wanna help a fella out by recomending some good bands? :lol:

Thanks,

Chuck Z.