Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Status Report: More Adventures in Arkham Country

Tigger_MK4
a far better video ;)

I like Cthulhu, he makes me happy-

he makes me dream of cities covered in slime.

I praise Cthulhu when R'lyeh rises,

I praise Cthulhu when its sinking time....

tlynch999

Okay...so the new artist has the contract and has told me to keep an eye out for sketches, so I suspect those will start rolling in soon. Hooray!

We owe Andrew Leman some more stuff for the handouts, so while the artist sketches, I'll pursue those...and while all this happens, our most excellent friend Mustelidae will be working on the layout getting ready to drop art and handouts in as they become ready.

<shoves up sleeves>

<wipes forehead>

<heaves sigh>

Let's get this f#@&er back on track...

Gol-Goroth

I suggest next time we see if we can get Richard Burlew or Randall Munroe.

Badger

I actually had to look them up, darn it. But now i get it. ;)

-=b

StephanieMcAlea

I hope things pick up for you guys soon and the next book is a success! It has been a serious pleasure working with you Tom :)

tlynch999

I actually had to look them up, darn it. But now i get it. ;)

Me, too. I'm not as up to snuff on my web comix. :oops:

I hope things pick up for you guys soon and the next book is a success! It has been a serious pleasure working with you Tom :)

The pleasure was all ours, Steff! And don't worry...this won't be the last MRP project featuring the wondrous cartographical skillz of Steffon Q. Worthington, Esq.

And one further update, I actually got two sketches and a signed contract all in one email earlier. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come!

WatsonSE

Thanks for the update, Tom. This book, along with the Armitage Files and Bookhounds of London are the top three Cthulhu-books for me in 2010.

Keep up the great work!

tlynch999
Thanks for the update, Tom. This book, along with the Armitage Files and Bookhounds of London are the top three Cthulhu-books for me in 2010.

Keep up the great work!

Wow! Thanks for the vote on confidence!

I've gotten more sketches, and will be getting some finals and some more sketches as the week progresses. Once I have all the art, I'll open pre-sales, and happily take your money as I gear up for a print run! We're still a few weeks away from that, tho'.

tlynch999

We've got progress, folks!

1. I have all the sketches, and more than half the final art.

2. The layout is moving along swimmingly.

3. I'm applying some tweaks to some Lovecraft Country maps to add locations for the scenarios.

4. I'm putting together some text for the bonus handouts that will be available solely through HPLHS.

It looks like we're moving in the right direction! Finally!

Gol-Goroth

I am packing my game bag up for GGG XI tomorrow, a 4 session bi-weekly RPG in Manhattan. I'm running my 1920's era Call of Cthulhu scenario "The Hopeful", soon to be appearing in "More Adventures in Arkham Country".

Gol-Goroth

I did some work on concepts and text for the back cover, we may be going for a very Old School feel. Got a few of my 1990's CoC books out and trying to emulate that feel and style.

StephanieMcAlea

Need a hand?

tlynch999

Okay, so *first* off: Steff, I loooove the new avatar you're using. It has a certain je ne sais quois... ;-) I'll certainly ping you if we hit any road blocks, thank you.

Yes, Osk and I are going to go over some back cover design ideas in the coming weeks, and here's some more status:

We have 100% of the art! Let's hear it for Jason C. Eckhardt! Hooray! We also have all the (new) maps from Steff....but that's not news, really, since we've had them and Steff works so darn fast.

There's some more handout work to finish (think bonus handouts available only thru HPLHS), and one more map to get from Chaosium. Then we finish layout, proof it, bless it, and send it off!

Badger

There's some more handout work to finish (think bonus handouts available only thru HPLHS), and one more map to get from Chaosium. Then we finish layout, proof it, bless it, and send it off!

You forgot the weeks of back and forth between yourself and The Layout Monster. ;)

-=b

StephanieMcAlea
You forgot the weeks of back and forth between yourself and The Layout Monster. :wink:

Layout Monster (greater Servitor)

"Badger's Folly"

STR: 13

DEX: 12

CON: 14

SIZ: 13

INT: 6 (Lowered INT for agreeing to do layout)

EDU: 25 (knows too much to be healthy about layout)

POW: 13

APP: 2 (Physically scarred by deadlines)

HP: 13

SAN: 0

Armour: 1d4 (from piercings, wristbands, and heavy jacket)

SAN Loss: 1/1d6 (from scarring and the knowledge that he can take you and splice you up and put you on a page)

Skills:

Heavy metal/industrial guitar: 80%

Layout: 100%

Stomp: 70%

Blade Runner Quotes: 80%

Cat Wrangling: 50%

Weapons:

Guitar: 80%, 1d6+1 dmg

"Layout" (right hook): 60%, 1d3+1d4

Spells:

Contact Spaghetti Monster

Commune with Cat

Badger

Hahaha! Nice one! I would change a couple of things: the Guitar skill and weapon should be Bass Guitar (my Guitar skill is only at about 15%), and since i'm left handed, i would have a left hook. :D

And, since turnabout is fair play...

Map Master From Beyond the Stars, Greater Servitor

STR: 12

DEX: 17

CON: 15

SIZ: 10

INT: 19 (knows way more about Illustrator than humanly possible)

EDU: 28 (cartography knowledge is off the charts)

POW: 16

APP: 15

HP: 11

SAN: 0

Armor: 4 points of thick skin from editors constantly asking for revisions and corrections

San Loss: 1d2/1d6 - he can get you lost in an instant, if so desired

Skills:

Cartography: 100%

Navigate: 90%

Rail against stupidity: 87%

Computer Use: 90%

Glare Menacingly: 75%

Weapons:

Wacom Tablet: 65%, 1d8 dam

Wacom Pen: 90% (thrown), 1d4 dam (can impale)

Spells:

Bump of Direction

Find True North

Draw Pretty Trees and Streams

StephanieMcAlea

hahaha..brilliant!

tlynch999

I've often wondered what my own stats would be like, and what spells I could come up with...I guess I'll leave that to the dark Recesses of the Minds of the Map Master and Badger's Folly.

But to temporarily steer this back to the track, I'm happy to report that i have almost all (maybe one or two missing) handouts in. Holy CRAP are they cool. And yes, they will be going in the book. :-D As I look at these, I'm simply in awe of the skills of some of the people we know...in this case, the King of Detail, Mr. Andrew Leman of the HP Lovecraft Historical Society.

We're getting there, folks...we're getting there. Your continue patience is greatly appreciated.

StephanieMcAlea

The HPLHS are indeed awesome.

Badger

I'm drooling in anticipation of being able to place these in the book. Tom, can i borrow your dribble cup?

-=b

tlynch999
Tom, can i borrow your dribble cup?

Sorry, Dude...still usin' it. I actually called Andrew today, and told him I felt like doing the "Wayne's World," by kowtowing to him and shouting, "WE ARE NOT WORTHY." He laughed, and acted the gentleman. No surprise there.

Now for something of an update. Andrew is putting finishing touches on some of the handouts, and making some very minor corrections. He's then going to save them all as flat grayscale files for the book.

Yes...sorry...grayscale. The handouts in the book will be grayscale. You want color? Why yes, full color handouts will be available...as will a number of other handouts *not* available in the book. Bonus HPLHS handouts! Those will be available exclusively through the HPLHS, on their web site, for a very small fee. A fee? I'm afraid so. There are about forty (yes...40) handouts, and color ones and customizable ones will be well worth your while. :D

christian

I'm all for paying for quality

Gol-Goroth

I have been looking over these custom handouts as they come in. I must say I am totally blown away by them. I am sure the fans will be as well. They are just stunning.

alskiyevski

I was very happy with New Tales... and I'll bet I'll be just as satisfied with this book. You guys are doing an excellent job.

And more HPHS handouts?! Yes, please!

I used the Malice Everlasting handouts they made and my players loved them. Especially the Kingsport Historical Society membership cards. In my game only one of the players decided to pay the money and join the society. When the others saw the neat membership card he got, some of them almost changed their minds about joining!

Badger

I started plugging the handouts into the layout over the past couple of days.

OMFG. 8O

'nuff said.

-=b