Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Status Report: More Adventures in Arkham Country

Paddurz

It was a problem for me as well but Sean Branney of HPLHS was very quick and helpful (literally minutes) in sending me a mail with a temporary link as they seem to be aware of the problem.

I'd recommend mailing him at Sean Branney [branney@cthulhulives.org] and mention the problem and I'm sure they can fix it.

StephanieMcAlea
Interesting read. Makes me sound a little too harsh.

Not at all. Informative, constructive and honest. Thanks once again for the comment regarding my maps.

yockenthwaite

When will the PDF be available, including for people like me who preordered the print copy direct from MRP so got a special offer? :)

tlynch999
When will the PDF be available, including for people like me who preordered the print copy direct from MRP so got a special offer? :)

A most reasonable question! I'm in the process of addressing the errors found in the first printing. The PDF will contain all the corrections we were able to manage. 8O

Right now, Badger and I are going back and forth on the last few changes, and then we're going to do a quick check and send it off to print. While that version prints, I'll be reformatting it into the PDF and making very sure my very-appreciated preordering customers get their special offer. :cool:

yockenthwaite

Excellent :) Thanks for the speedy reply.

tlynch999
Excellent :) Thanks for the speedy reply.

Absolutely! My pleasure!

WatsonSE

I am right now working my way through the "New Tales" and will buy "More Adventures" today for us to start next week. I must say that the handouts made by HP Lovecraft Historical Society is just wonderful. From what I can see, the ones for "More Adventures" are even better than the ones for "New Tales".

Attached is a photo from our session last week, "Malice Everlasting".

post-4986-137675604195_thumb.jpg

Varjag

Nice :-)

Shades sure will cause trouble. First theres the red clue that has to be noticed, then a lie to be caught to really motivate a re-visit at night. Then the problem about how to take down the cultists and their god in a city. 5*thompsons with 200 round magazines? err.. Just might catch a bit too much attention :D

I guess leaving the job to the other cult would be safest, but thats tricky too.

tlynch999

Okay Ladies and Germs...another update:

I have uploaded the new/updated/corrected files to the printer. If you are a collector of things Cthulhian, then hang onto the first version of More Adventures in Arkham Country and put it in a hermetically sealed bag. Then order the new one. :-D

All new orders will get the updated version (once I have it from the printer...and will keep you posted on that) and the PDF will be made from this version (I'm working on the PDF now).

yockenthwaite

Any word on the PDF release, including the discounted copy for preorderers? Nearly two more months have passed since I last asked.

I have the print edition, but am really waiting for the PDF to read. I have huge difficulties reading print nowadays.

Thanks.

tlynch999
Any word on the PDF release, including the discounted copy for preorderers? Nearly two more months have passed since I last asked.

I have the print edition, but am really waiting for the PDF to read. I have huge difficulties reading print nowadays.

Apologies for the continued delay. Now that the second edition is out, I have everything I need. And now that the semester is behind me, I should have a bit of time. This coming week promises to complete a lot of open projects for me...this included. I'll post news ASAP.

yockenthwaite
Apologies for the continued delay. Now that the second edition is out, I have everything I need. And now that the semester is behind me, I should have a bit of time. This coming week promises to complete a lot of open projects for me...this included. I'll post news ASAP.

Thanks Tom. Sorry for going on about it, but I'm really keen to read this collection, and the PDF will make that much more practical for me.

Thanks again.

tlynch999
Thanks Tom. Sorry for going on about it, but I'm really keen to read this collection, and the PDF will make that much more practical for me.

Thanks again.

Don't apologize! You've been more patient than I deserve! I greatly appreciate it, and will do my utmost to get that task (among several other stragglers) done this week.

tlynch999

Ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez and Gentletentacles (yikes, careful of *that* naughty typo)-

The long awaited PDF of More Adventures in Arkham Country is ready and awaiting your purchase. Again, I'm sorry for the delay, but this way you get the updated/corrected version of the book. And do brace yourselves...the thing is 60 megs. Lordy.

If you, like yockenthwaite, preordered the book, then you've just gotten an email from me with the discount code.

If you didn't preorder the book, you're still welcome to buy the PDF, but there's no discount. And don't ask others for it, since I put a cap on the number of times it can be used. Someone will likely get upset if they find they cannot use their discount.

What's that? The link? Oh! Yes. Here.

yockenthwaite

Got it, with my discount. Thank you very very much :)

sraymonds

I ordered the print copy of More Adventures during Chaosium's holiday sale; will I need to check to see if I received the updated version or have most of the originals been phased out?

tlynch999
I ordered the print copy of More Adventures during Chaosium's holiday sale; will I need to check to see if I received the updated version or have most of the originals been phased out?

That's a good question. I recently restocked them with the new book, but don't know which are going out from their stockroom and in what order. The new version has a different last page. Rather than an ad (old version), you'll see a colophon (new version).

tlynch999
Got it, with my discount. Thank you very very much :)

You're very, very welcome. Thank you! Yes I saw that...you wasted no time! :-)

sraymonds
Rather than an ad (old version), you'll see a colophon (new version).

Had to look up the defintion of colophon, but I do believe I have the new version.