PoC

Site Upgrades

StuartB

Paul,

When I click on the 2nd Page button (the [2] at bottom right) in the Best Yog Audio Game thread, it jumps to the Looking for Chaosium and Pagan materials thread. Everytime.

Am I the only one getting this? If so, hit *ignore*.

StuartB

In fact, my browser is jumping amongst threads any time I hit a page number at the bottom. I just posted the above to the Cthulhu 6.0 thread as I hadn't clocked the jump to a new thread.

Again, if this is only me, apologies. :/

PoC

I see what you mean about the jumping around when you hit the page numbers at the bottom of the pages.

Looking into it.

Paddurz
If anyone else is seeing the site without formatting (e.g. just unformatted white background and text etc.) please let us know.

The same goes for any post links that don't lead to the right posts!

(It may also be worth shutting down your browser and re-opening again or clearing your old Yoggie cookies.)

XP with IE8: Site looks terrible, even after cleaning out all temporary internet files, cookies and restarting the browser...

XP with Safari: Site looks fine.

XP with Chrome: Site looks fine.

StuartB

XP with Firefox Beta is fine, brilliant in fact, apart from the jumpy, jumpy numbers things. ;) I really like the new posting options.

PoC

Missing domain name in links to email reply notifications also noted!

Paddurz

Further issues... I saw that StuartB has posted an update on the Shadows over Scotland. I click on the link and reach the first page of the thread

I click on the last page link and end up somewhere totally different:

And if I choose page 6 in the drop down button I end up here:

That is also where I end up when I click on the last page button in this thread as well...

StephanieMcAlea
Further issues... I saw that StuartB has posted an update on the Shadows over Scotland. I click on the link and reach the first page of the thread

I click on the last page link and end up somewhere totally different:

And if I choose page 6 in the drop down button I end up here:

That is also where I end up when I click on the last page button in this thread as well...

I had this. Paul helpfully recommended I log out, close the browser, then open the browser and log back in. It's been working fine ever since. :)

allicorn

The "These aren't the threads you're looking for..." issue related to a change in the rules that give us fairly readable looking addresses for pages. All fixed now.

Layout problems in IE8 may relate to a number of updated style templates that I'm gradually chipping away at. Might all resolve itself by the end of the afternoon with a bit of luck.

Alli

Paddurz

The address issue indeed seems to be solved.

As always the Tech/Admin team is very helpful and very quick.

One issue more, it seems the mobile style isn't quite working. It looks odd in both Chrome and Safari (even on the PC). It also very helpfully states that:

We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style

Good to know, but it makes me wonder if it is supposed to be like that? I don't usually use the mobile format, if I'm on the site from the mobile I tend to use Tapatalk (which seems to work OK, no bad effects noted from the upgrade) so I can't say if this is a new message stemming from the upgrade or if it has been there awhile. Sorry if I'm sending you on a goose chase!

allicorn

The Internet Explorer issue is a doozy. Still working on that.

The Mobile Style actually doesn't support various parts of the site, notably news/articles/CMS. The forum part should be okay. Just had a very quick poke around on my phone; seems to be working.

Alli

allicorn

Site should be working okay in IE 8 and up now.

Alli

PoC

Thank you Alli for the fixes.

Regarding the "Mobile Style": while it's previously worked only for the forums area anyway, it may need some further attention. If you use Tapatalk that should still work as normal. ;)

Pookie

Where have the formatting options gone?

I cannot format the text or add links now.

PoC

I'm not seeing any issue with formatting or adding links.

What does your page look like?

Pookie

Replying by either the "Reply" or the "Reply With Quote" option, all I have is an empty text box, the latter option with the text quoted.

I do not have the format buttons whatsoever.

And in anticipation of any questions, I am using Google Chrome. I used to have those buttons, though only on the "Reply With Quote" option.

Nor do I have them on the "Go Advanced" option, but then I never did.

PoC

Try shutting your browser down and re-opening it and making sure Javascript is on (just in case).

What browser/operating system are you using? (Does it also happen in any alternative browsers you have?)

yockenthwaite

The site's working ok for me now. A couple of hours ago I was seeing it with no formatting at all, and restarting my browser didn't help. And I couldn't send posts, and following the forum link from the (unformatted) home page didn't work. But it's fine now. I'm using Firefox 3.6.19 on MacOS 10.6.8.

Pookie
Try shutting your browser down and re-opening it and making sure Javascript is on (just in case).

What browser/operating system are you using? (Does it also happen in any alternative browsers you have?)

I shut my browser down -- first thing that I did.

As far as I am aware Javascript is on.

I am using Vista and Google Chrome.

Tried using Vista and Windows Explorer (how I hope never, ever to have to do that again).

Going to shut the laptop down and restart things back up.

No luck. And I checked for updates.

PoC

Go into your Settings/General Settings and under Miscellaneous Options choose something other than "Basic Editor".

Pookie
Go into your Settings/General Settings and under Miscellaneous Options choose something other than "Basic Editor".

Hurrah. That gives me what I wanted. Thank you.

PoC

There will be another point upgrade to the site this afternoon/evening.

Apologies for any inconvenience during the process!

PoC

Site now updated.

Cheers!

hamster

I seem to be stuck on a new mobile layout (iPhone using safari), can this be turned off?

Well just cleared the memory and tried again now I'm back to familiar layout, weird!

PoC

I went into the cellar and fiddled with some of the electro-switches that operate Yoggie.

Seems to have done the trick!

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now