PoC

Site Upgrades

andreroy
6 hours ago, PoC said:

Hmm, indeed odd! We'll have a look - I don't know why it would do that. If you don't already use it there's the "Remember Me" checkbox on the sign-in page that may help temporarily? [Update - are you in a corporate/Uni environment? Sometimes the IP addresses from intranets can get confused.]

I do have the "Remember me" box checked and I'm accessing from home. However, I was using my email address with my tablet. I just tried with my smartphone using my display name and no issues.

I may gave found my issue.

PoC

Oh, that's clever. I've just found out that if I start a reply and then simply highlight any part of any other post in the thread using my mouse, a little pop-up button appears saying "Quote selection" - clicking on that then makes the selected text appear in my reply like any normal quote selection. e.g.

On 04/06/2018 at 19:39, PoC said:

"Olde Yoggie" is open once again,

Tony Williams
2 hours ago, PoC said:

I've just found out that if I start a reply and then simply highlight any part of any other post in the thread using my mouse, a little pop-up button appears saying "Quote selection"

Blimey - it does work! So much better than the old system; especially with multiple quotes from multiple posters.

Now if you could just design a scheme to make it look like "Yoggie Classic"...

vincentVV

I've been away for a week, and then I returned. :)

Is it possible to make a choice between old and new design or is the good old design gone for good?

Is it possible to change the way "Content I follow" is displayed? I prefered a list of topics with the names of the topics, that contain new messages, written in bold.

Every time I open a new page - my Mozilla offers me to allow push notification. I don't need them, how to state it once and forget about it? 😃

All in all I think that the new design is more to-date, more actual and modern, but the usability looks too cumbersome and not very handy at first glance.

Thanks.

PoC
43 minutes ago, vincentVV said:

Is it possible to make a choice between old and new design or is the good old design gone for good?

It's gone. We didn't design the software, we simply have to work within it. The upgrade was required, now, for both security and legal reasons.

44 minutes ago, vincentVV said:

Is it possible to change the way "Content I follow" is displayed? I prefered a list of topics with the names of the topics, that contain new messages, written in bold.

Explore the options in the [Activity] tab. You can customise and make saveable your choices for display. You can also choose "Condensed/Expanded" for your view of the [Activity] stream.

47 minutes ago, vincentVV said:

Every time I open a new page - my Mozilla offers me to allow push notification. I don't need them, how to state it once and forget about it?

That shouldn't happen beyond the first time. It sounds like a Mozilla issue.

48 minutes ago, vincentVV said:

...the usability looks too cumbersome and not very handy at first glance.

New things often take a little getting used to.

PoC

An additional benefit of the site upgrade is that "Olde Yoggie" now accepts credit cards and Apple Pay / Google Pay as well as PayPal for both purchases and Patronage.

Graham

I've noted some odd behaviour with the Wiki since the update. Every time I change a page I get this message.

[d2c9576b] 2018-06-15 02:51:44: Fatal exception of type "MWException"

However the changes themselves seem to go through without problems.

PoC

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll look into the error ASAP.

Cheers!

[Update]

We should be upgrading the Wiki tomorrow. Hopefully that should resolve the issue.

PoC

8,000 files later....

The Wiki error should have been dealt with and we're now running the latest version.

A big thanks again to @allicorn for the sterling work!

Graham

I can add another problem I just spent about ten minutes or so typing in a long private message to another user. When I clicked 'post', I got a message that I could not use that function as I was not logged in, I then immediately logged in and found the post had been wiped.

PoC

The newsletter facility has been opened up again. Sign up if you'd like to get them.

Sign-up boxes can be found on the main forum and [Activity] pages. If you can't see a box there it means you're already signed up. You can unsubscribe via Account Settings>Notification Settings at any time. ["Send me news and information" -> "off"]

Max_Writer

Is there any way to see a single blog?  Or number of hits on a blog?

PoC

Sure. Click on a blog entry title to read an entry. Click on the name of the blog at the top of any entry to see a list of blog posts. Lifetime views and number of comments can be seen near the top of any blog entry.

The number of views for a blog entry can be seen next to your avatar there.

Max_Writer
1 hour ago, PoC said:

Sure. Click on a blog entry title to read an entry. Click on the name of the blog at the top of any entry to see a list of blog posts. Lifetime views and number of comments can be seen near the top of any blog entry.

The number of views for a blog entry can be seen next to your avatar there.

Thanks!  Got it!  

Eudaimic

For once, amongst the forums I've seen 'upgraded', this upgrade is actually really good!

PoC

Thank you. It's been a bit of work to bring us back up to speed (and we're working on the re-integration of The Players' Directory and The Keep after the code changes). @allicorn and @trevlix and done a great job bringing us up to date.