Sign in to follow this  
Gol-Goroth

The Legacy of Arrius Lurco - updates

KRoss

I guess Our Ladies of Sorrow (at 107K words) doesn't count as a campaign then?

WinstonP

Actually I was just talking up OLoS in another thread...

Gol-Goroth

I always thought of it as a trilogy... But let's discuss this elsewhere.

What is and is not a campaign...

Paddurz
There is still a lot of work to do. The last few maps are being made. Layout needs to be done. But lots of things are already done. Cover art is in. Cover's been designed. Probably all of the internal art is in house.

For me, the author, my job is sort of done. Now comes the next phase of the project. This is where my partner Tom shines. He'll work hard at coordinating the efforts of many highly talented people to turn the words I've written into a real book. From me emailing him the files to the book hitting game store shelves, that's pretty much all Tom.

Osk

Do we really trust Tom to remember all the maps this time? Sorry, couldn't help being a tease as Tom's laments regarding missing maps in this thread http://www.yog-sothoth.com/threads/19065-Errata-More-Adventures-in-Arkham-Country has made me laugh a lot!

Gol-Goroth
Do we really trust Tom to remember all the maps this time?

I must come to Tom's defence on this. He's more upset than anyone else, it was a map for HIS scenario. He was mostly on his own trying to manage all the various post production aspects. He was finshing up MAiAC, as I was doing massive re-writes to TLoAL. I'll be able to help him a lot more with this stage of this project. Tom and I are going to make mistakes but we are going to do our best to learn from them.

StephanieMcAlea

I don't think it was a criticism Osk... more of a gentle attempt at teasing ;)

"Mistakes permit the miraculous the ability to shine all the greater."

Tigger_MK4

What can we say, clearly Tom has succumbed to age, infirmity and senility.

Lynch,How dare you be flawed amoungst our brotherhood of consummate perfection.

Go out and feed yourself to the shoggoth - immediately after you've finished working on LoAL, that is.

tlynch999
Lynch,How dare you be flawed amoungst our brotherhood of consummate perfection.

Go out and feed yourself to the shoggoth - immediately after you've finished working on LoAL, that is.

Right!

Back in a bit.

Or not...

Gol-Goroth

September 18th Update –

Hey there everyone.

It feels like this project has really turned a corner, in a good way. Art is done. Layout putting concept together and is waiting for the manuscript. Maps are chugging along and we only need four more. Latin translations are also moving forward. Tom and I have talked about our budget; looks like the book won’t be delayed for any financial reasons. For a small press like us, that’s always a danger. The best news has come from the editor, and while I can’t go into details I am pleased with the news I’ve received. Editing started on the 1st of this month.

As a writer I’ve moved on to another small project, will be editing something for another project soon, and starting to organize my thoughts for yet another one after that. As a publisher we’re waiting on the cover for the book after Lurco, getting organized to move project #5 into high gear. But I won’t wander too far away from The Legacy of Arrius Lurco, not until it’s being printed.

It won’t be this year, but that’s okay. The reviews of More Adventures have been good, people really like the layout and maps… We’ve got the same guys working on Lurco, and while Layout hasn’t begun the maps are simply breathtaking. The art is also amazing. I have a feeling Lurco is going to be a beautiful book.

That’s all for now.

In eternal service,

Ansgaro Rivorum

Paddurz

Oh - this is great news! A delightful start of a Sunday Morning! Invictus scenarios are far too rare and to have a campaign to forward to is really lifting my mood! If More Adventures is the standard you've set yourself than layout and art wise it will certainly not be a disappointment - well, frankly, considering all of the previous works from MRP disappointment doesn't exist on the radar!

Now all that is left is to woefully sigh and ask every five minutes: Is it here yet?

Thanks Oscar for this update! And for all the hard work of writing it of course!

Badger

I'd just like to pipe in to clarify that "the same guys" are myself and Twilight, respectively. :D

Gol-Goroth

The Legacy of Arrius Lurco

Production team

Author – Oscar Rios

Editor – Andi Newton

Associate Editors – Chad Bowser, Scott David Aniolowski, Tom Lynch

Cover and Interior Illustrations – Alberto Guerra

Layout – Badger McInnes

Maps – Steffon Worthington

Latin Translations – Justin Mansfield

Initial Play Testers – Mitzi Rios, Ryan Roth, Joel Jackel, Mathew Higgins, Gibel and Walter Attridge.

christian

Methinks I'll love that. Methinks I might come to New York soon to shake your hand, Osk.

tlynch999
Methinks I'll love that. Methinks I might come to New York soon to shake your hand, Osk.

Don't toy with us, Christian! If you *are* coming, please do let us know, so I can invite myself along (again). :-)

As to the book...it really does look good. Badger has had some wonderful ideas for layout that I cannot wait to see implemented, and Steff's maps are simply magnificent.

Badger

If you're going to go all that way, why not make the trip even more fun and come here to California? It's only about a 6 hour flight, and some guy named Chaz lives around here. You might have heard of him.

And there's that game company, too. What're they called again? Kaplotium, Kaygotiuns, something like that.

:D

MikeC
Don't toy with us, Christian! If you *are* coming, please do let us know, so I can invite myself along (again). :-)

As to the book...it really does look good. Badger has had some wonderful ideas for layout that I cannot wait to see implemented, and Steff's maps are simply magnificent.

Might I suggest coming here in, say, February 24th - 27th in 2011 for Dreamation?

Oh, and from what I've seen, TLoAL is going to be a doozy.

MikeC

Gol-Goroth

Hello everyone!

The manuscript returned to MRP last week from our editor for this project, Andi Newton. She is the wife of Chad Bowser and they are the creators of Cthulhu Invictus setting. I am thrilled with how their participation helped this project find both depth and focus. The work has been made better by their involvement and for that I am very grateful.

The baton was passed to me, and I was off running!

I’ve gone through the edits, accepting Andi’s changes, making scattered corrections and asking her and Chad the occasional question. Chad is an old friend and colleague of mine from the days of the Chaosium missionary program. He’s a huge nerd, but MY kind of nerd. I am very thankful that I have a friend that I can get into a serious discussion about how to portray just how a group chickens eats a few handfuls of scattered grain so that an augur can properly predict the future. Honestly, we had that conversation and it was totally serious. Now that’s Nerdcore - For The Win.

So where are we?

Steff, our cartographer, is making the final push on the last three maps needed for the project. I still need to address maybe a dozen issues with the manuscript, but the vast majority of my review of the edits is done. My hope is to have this done by the end of the week. In a very short time, a week to ten days, the baton will be passed to Badger for layout. From layout to proofreading, Badger makes some tweaks and then… to the printer. There’s still loads to do, and lots of things can still go wrong but this project is reaching the end of its creative phase. Our release date is looking more and more certain. Early 2011, probably the first quarter of it, and The Legacy of Arrius Lurco will be on game store shelves and where it really belongs, in the hands of Call of Cthulhu fans.

I’ve loved Cthulhu Invictus, since before it was even a monograph. I was lucky enough to work with Chad as a play tester when it was being created. I hope that this book attracts players to the setting. As a fan I felt the setting deserved a full-length campaign. At Miskatonic River Press we are fans first and publishers second. That’s how we roll.

Stay tuned for more.

Paddurz
Our release date is looking more and more certain. Early 2011, probably the first quarter of it, and The Legacy of Arrius Lurco will be on game store shelves and where it really belongs, in the hands of Call of Cthulhu fans.

Such delightful and happy news on a Monday! I'm very much looking forward to laying my hands on this campaign! Thanks for effort and hard work you are putting into this!

Gol-Goroth

As a writer I have to say that my favorite four letter word is... DONE. Other than waiting for an answer on something from Chaosium my work on the manuscript for The Legacy of Arrius Lurco is complete. Should be in layout next week!

WiseWolf
As a writer I have to say that my favorite four letter word is... DONE. Other than waiting for an answer on something from Chaosium my work on the manuscript for The Legacy of Arrius Lurco is complete. Should be in layout next week!

Excelente! One more reason to get into Invictus!

Dr_Locrian

This is the best news I've heard in a while. I love the idea of gaming in ancient Rome, but I have much less of a grasp of that era than any of the other three big CoC periods (Gaslight, Classic, Modern). I think Invictus is the setting that absolutely needs a great published campaign the most. This is going to be huge, I tell you.

Gol-Goroth

Here's some more good news to start everyone's week...

The last three maps are now down to the last 1 map. Two of the three maps we were waiting on are now 99.5% done and look great. We expect the last map to arrive soon. With luck we'll be in layout before the end of the month, early next month at latest.

Gol-Goroth

The edited manuscript for The Legacy of Arrius Lurco is now back in house. We just need to insert map and art placement markers and then the project moves into the layout phase.

Paddurz

*Whoops with joy*

I must say that this has been a very happy "Invictus" week! Who needs halloween when we have MRP to spread joy?

Thanks for the wonderful updates!

Badger
The edited manuscript for The Legacy of Arrius Lurco is now back in house. We just need to insert map and art placement markers and then the project moves into the layout phase.

Tom owes me some emails.

-=b