Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Dead But Dreaming 2

chimaera

That's exciting news. Dead But Dreaming was a great anthology, with amazing Final Draft being one of the best Lovecraftian stories ever. I hope the new one will have a story of such caliber too.

KRoss
That's exciting news. Dead But Dreaming was a great anthology, with amazing Final Draft being one of the best Lovecraftian stories ever. I hope the new one will have a story of such caliber too.

Well, all I can say is, Scott Aniolowski told me today he thinks the end-piece of DBD2 is the best story in either volume. I've been re-re-re-reading the stories as I format 'em, and there are some really good pieces in here, for sure. And a LOT of different styles and types of stories. DBD1 had kind of a cosmic focus to it, but this one's much more open in that regard.

Now if I can just get the last guy to send me his biographical sketch, it'll be done and in Tom's sweaty hands.

KAR

DBD ed

tlynch999
...it'll be done and in Tom's sweaty hands.

<cackles maniacally>

sda
<cackles maniacally>

See, if you had some cake you could control that!

I think this is going to be a hell of a book. As Kevin mentioned, I think that the last story in DBD2 might be the strongest of both DBD and DBD2. Good, good stuff.

tlynch999
See, if you had some cake you could control that!

But I'd *had* cake! Clearly I hadn't had enough, though. Hmmm...perhaps I should go have some now. CAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

I think this is going to be a hell of a book. As Kevin mentioned, I think that the last story in DBD2 might be the strongest of both DBD and DBD2. Good, good stuff.

Right...back on topic. I can't wait for it. This book will be very fun to produce.

KRoss

Don't stuff yerself on cake, laddie. DBD2's in the can and about to wing your way.

KAR

outrider

sda

Fantastic news. Can't wait to see it.

sda

Tom and I received the completed DBD2 manuscript a few hours ago. Tom is going to put it through layout and then its off to the printer.

Cthulhudude

WOOT! :)

Ningauble
Tom and I received the completed DBD2 manuscript a few hours ago. Tom is going to put it through layout and then its off to the printer.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

GreatRedShark

YEEEE-HAAAW!

Any timetable on release?

sda
YEEEE-HAAAW!

Any timetable on release?

Tom?

tlynch999
Tom?

No rest for the weary, eh? I'm going to do my best to plow through the layout of this sucker. I don't honestly know how long that will take me (never done it before). The cover is done, the spine will be quick, the back cover is no problem. Printing will take 3-4 weeks. I guess I'm shooting for this spring. The thought of thawing should help motivate me.

Oh, and Scott...I *love* your new sig! :D

GreatRedShark
No rest for the weary, eh? I'm going to do my best to plow through the layout of this sucker. I don't honestly know how long that will take me (never done it before). The cover is done, the spine will be quick, the back cover is no problem. Printing will take 3-4 weeks. I guess I'm shooting for this spring. The thought of thawing should help motivate me.

Thanks, Tom.

JohnGoodrich

Well, I got a glimpse of the listing in Games Trade Magazine on Wednesday, and although I may not be name-checked on the cover, I am on the longer list of contributors.

I am inordinately pleased. Looking forward to reading the rest of this anthology.

tlynch999
Thanks, Tom.

You're very welcome, Ted. Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Well, I got a glimpse of the listing in Games Trade Magazine on Wednesday, and although I may not be name-checked on the cover, I am on the longer list of contributors.

I am inordinately pleased. Looking forward to reading the rest of this anthology.

If you're pleased, I'm pleased. :) With all the fun around the web site, I even managed to add the page to the MRP web site. Check it out!

Keep you're eyes both on that page, and on YSDC. I'm going to be making some tweaks to that page and announcing them here. You see, layout's going quite well, so I thought I'd start something... 8)

GreatRedShark

Yes!

/scuttles off to pass the word

tlynch999
Ordered it within 20 minutes of the Facebook announcement. :)

Yes, you did. It was startling, in a very pleasing way!

tlynch999

And for those needing a bit more info on this tome, I'm looking over the book now, all laid out (though still in need of tweaking). It's 274 pages long. Yeah. That's right. 274. And that's 10 pt font. I didn't beef up the font size to make a bigger book. I clearly don't have to.

Dead But Dreaming ended on page 210, and that was with the "Afterward" (spelled that way deliberately). DBD2 doesn't have an afterward.

So those of you investing in this book are getting 64 more pages of Lovecraftian goodness than you did the first time 'round.

tlynch999

So now that The Legacy of Arrius Lurco just requires gift wrapping and shippin' out, I thought I'd revisit this baby.

And I really want to reward those who have preordered and are thinking of doing so. So I just got off the phone with none other than the Queen of Eldritch Horror, W. H. Pugmire, and he's agreed to do a little something for us all. As you hopefully know, we're releasing a collection of his work this fall, so as a cross-promotional item, I'm going to design a bookmark, that Wilum will sign, and we will include with the preordered copies of Dead But Dreaming 2.

Now, MRP being a small press does not have the money to make any kind of fancy bookmarks, so this will probably be simple paper trifold, but it will be full-color and signed, and only available to those who preorder.

tlynch999

Aaand the Lovecraft eZine (worth visiting and paying attention to if you don't already) is offering a DBD2 giveaway! How awesome is that!? A big thank you to Mike Davis of the Lovecraft eZine!

N'gah-Kthun

I'll have to get a copy - it looks really good! :D