Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Dead But Dreaming 2

Cthulhudude

Woot! So far daddy is liking that lineup. And no, not just because I'm in it...although that always helps. ;)

tlynch999
Woot! So far daddy is liking that lineup. And no, not just because I'm in it...although that always helps. ;)

Oookay, *ahem* "daddy." :shock: <Shiver> Wrong on so many levels...

ANYWAY.

I just got an email from DBD2 Editor Extraordinaire, Mr. Kevin Ross. You all don't wanna see the full line-up? Do ya? Naaaaaw...of course you don't. I don't know what I was thinking. ;)

Cthulhudude
I just got an email from DBD2 Editor Extraordinaire, Mr. Kevin Ross. You all don't wanna see the full line-up? Do ya? Naaaaaw...of course you don't. I don't know what I was thinking. ;)

Now you're just being evil. Come on, spill yer guts...or else I'll track ya down with my trusty best friend, Mr. Slice-slice, and do it for you. Bwah hah hah hah hah!

KRoss

...Schweitzer, Murray, Goodfellow, Hautala, Tice... more...

KAR

tlynch999
Now you're just being evil. Come on, spill yer guts...or else I'll track ya down with my trusty best friend, Mr. Slice-slice, and do it for you. Bwah hah hah hah hah!

168263_1698746665144_1132213478_1815334_3931185_n.jpg

Clearly, Brian prefers a drink-drink to a slice-slice.

But cuz you all are my favorite people, here 'tis:

Contents

"Foreword: Messrs. Cthulhu and Lovecraft Have Arrived", Kevin Ross

"Taggers", Walt Jarvis

"The Unfinished Basement", William Meikle

"Plush Cthulhu", Don Webb

"Class Reunion", Darrell Schweitzer

"First Nation", Scott David Aniolowski

"Your Ivory Hollow", Wilum Pugmire

"The Spell of the Eastern Sea", Michael Tice

"Dark Heart", Kevin Ross

"Transmission", Ted E. Grau

"N is for Neville", John Goodrich

"The Timucuan Portal", Daniel W. Powell

"No Healing Prayers", Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.

"The Dissipation Club", Adrian Tchaikovsky

"Lure", David Annandale

"The Call", Rick Hautala

"Christmas Carrion", Donald R. Burleson

"The Depopulation Syndrome", Erik T. Johnson

"Uncle Sid’s Collection", Cody Goodfellow

"Father’s Day", Brian Sammons

"Innsmouth Idyll", Darrell Schweitzer

"The Hour of Our Triumph", Will Murray

"Here Be Monsters", Pete Rawlik

Cthulhudude

Oh you bastard! ;-P Hey I can't be held responsible, it was Near Years Eve after all. Anyway...

That looks like a killer lineup. I am thrilled to be among such good company. DBD 2 is going to be one hell of a book and I can't wait for it to come out.

tlynch999
Oh you bastard! ;-P Hey I can't be held responsible, it was Near Years Eve after all. Anyway...

:twisted:

That looks like a killer lineup. I am thrilled to be among such good company. DBD 2 is going to be one hell of a book and I can't wait for it to come out.

Indeed. It's going to be a hefty book, with a lot of good names. I, too, can't wait!

GreatRedShark

I'll be the guy in the corner, staring around the room with wide eyes whilst sipping my beer.

KRoss

Drinking a 40. And watching what appears to be a Paul Walker flick. On New Year's Eve.

Words fail me. :lol:

KAR

Cthulhudude

Hey the 40 and the flannel was me "kicking it old school". Once I saw one, I had to break out the other. I graduated high school in '92, after all.

As for the flick, hell no it's not Paul Walker. It is the (just slightly) better Timothy Olyphant from The Crazies remake. I know that, although I don't remember it, because someone else asked me about what was on the TV. I can only assume it was on cable or something. Once again, it was New Years Eve so I ain't accountable for nothing. :)

Badger
Drinking a 40. And watching what appears to be a Paul Walker flick. On New Year's Eve.

Words fail me. :lol:

KAR

Not just a 40. a 40 of Bud Light. o.0

Ahhh, Michigan. ;)

-=b

tlynch999

Ahhh, Michigan. ;)

Cthulhudude

Hey, I've got to watch my figure.

If you squint, the guy on the left looks a liiiittle like Brian

Well yeah, that's my 2nd cousin once removed. Our "look" breeds true. What, have you got a thing against hybrids?

Badger

Bit of music trivia: Oingo Boingo once wrote a jingle for Budweiser. I know this, because i have copies of both the short and long versions of the song. Yes, i'm that big of a Boingo nerd.

-=b

Azathoth

I have to keep my post frequency at less than once a year, but I did have to log in to say how stoked I am to be included in the anthology. But if that's the actual order of stories, I'm a bit intimidated to follow WH Pugmire. I demand that everyone go read The Eye of Argon or something after his story, before reading mine.

David_Conyers

Congrats to all involved. Partricularly pleased to see Brian M Sammons, John Goodrich and Cody Goodfellow represented, all very fine Cthulhu Mythos authors.

Cthulhudude

Aw shucks, David, you make me blush, good sir.

Skyman

BTW I loved Disconnected

Cthulhudude
BTW I loved Disconnected

Do you mean my story from the ARKHAM TALES book? If so then thanks so much. If not then oops, my bad for assuming. :)

Skyman
Do you mean my story from the ARKHAM TALES book? If so then thanks so much. If not then oops, my bad for assuming. :)

Click

Yes...read it on an airflight to New Jersey

Cthulhudude

I'm happy you enjoyed it. Thanks again for the kind words.

...click....

tlynch999

Howdy, folks.

So I figure you all will want to know what the book will look like, right? Y'know the cover? Well, okay...since you pried it outta me...

DBD2Web.jpg

Cthulhudude

Looking good, man.

JohnGoodrich

*sigh*

Still "and others."

KRoss
*sigh*

Still "and others."

Cheer up, John. There'll always be Paris. (I don't know what that means, but it's probably true. For somebody, anyway.)

The DBD2 manuscript will most likely be handed over to the publisher this week. 22 stories, one introduction, 110,000 words. That means it's about 25% bigger than DBD1 word-count-wise, and half-again as big story-count-wise. And with more familiar Lovecraft-o-fiction names. This oughta be a good book, Ithinks.

(On a more personal level, DBD2 marks the sixth book-length project I've completed in the past three years -- seventh if you count the DBD1 reprint, which I did have to do quite a bit of footwork on. No wonder I need a friggin' rest...)

KAR

outlaw to the end