PoC

Dear Yoggie... Postcards Posted

HomoLupusDomesticus

So Paul, where's the card you mailed to yourself?

I would like to send you a card but I have no idea what to write on it...

PoC

The card I mailed to myself arrived too, but it's just a copy of the 'Bradford Players' card, to help see where the post was being delayed, so haven't bothered scanning in that one. :)

You don't have to write anything witty, fun, erudite or insightful (though you can if you want!), even just a "Hello from..." would be great - just to see what and where people send from.

The "Don'ts" books look most fun (and educational, of course) - you're right about them not having a firearms section - how remiss! ;)

Paul

Sinister-Ornament

The horrors of the Magic Roundabout have warped my fragile mind.

Appologizes for the jokes - that second really one doesn't work does it?

I wish now that I'd put an arrow to the ape sticker bearing the legend "Arthur Jermyn".

Mograg

Any new postcards showing up in the mail? Curious and eager to see the next batch :D

Cheers,

Brian C.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts

PoC

I'll check on Monday. The Post Box is on the other side of town, so I don't get to check it every day. ;)

Paul

Throgg-The-Despicable
I'll check on Monday. The Post Box is on the other side of town, so I don't get to check it every day.

If it's a Royal Mail PO Box you can have all the mail addressed to it, delivered to your home address.

PoC

You can, but it costs twice as much to do so.

Paul

Throgg-The-Despicable
You can, but it costs twice as much to do so.

It used to cost the same, but it has been a few years since i had a PO Box. It's all the fault of The Chuckle Brothers (Leighton & Crozier) for screwing up our mail service. :cry:

PoC

Another round of postcards in to Innsmouth House!

Here we go:

postcard-006.jpg

postcard-006a.jpg

From Mograg. The Salem Witch Museum. One day, one day!

postcard-007.jpg

postcard-007a.jpg

From DaveL. As appearing on the Dragonmmeet 08 audio and Yog Radio #34. Rumour has it that Fin has been sighted!

postcard-008.jpg

postcard-008a.jpg

From a mysterious poster, not that I think the Big 'C' is a believer in the democratic process... :8E:

postcard-009.jpg

postcard-009a.jpg

Lordof1 is our newest correspondent from the African continent, though we haven't heard from him since he set off to report from the Mountain of the Black Wind...

postcard-010.jpg

postcard-010a.jpg

From WinstonP. Looks likes something fishy is going on just off the coast.

We will also be reading out all the written correspondence in future editions of Yog Radio - so do keep sending them in! It's great to get them and share them with everyone. Web sites are wonderful, but we still like the art of the letter (& postcard)!

Paul

PoC

A new one in!

postcard-011.jpg

postcard-011a.jpg

Courtesy of Thomas M. from the frozen North. Sounds like Shubby's on the loose again... :D

Paul

Newbunkle

Great card! :)

HomoLupusDomesticus

I particularly like the starfish and ammonites one! Thinking of sending YSDC a card soon, just looking for one showing something appropriate from the place we live in.

omikl

I'm trying to find a Sri Carcosa postcard but it's proving tricky. Kight have to go there and see if they sell tham...

...I'll keep an eye open for anyone in yellow.

Worryingly enough the Royal Colour here is yellow...

jabonko

I sent my card maybe a week ago... it should arrive soon! :D

Newbunkle
I sent my card maybe a week ago... it should arrive soon! :D

Mine took about 3 weeks when I posted it within the UK.

PoC

A few more arrivals to the Innsmouth post box, as also mentioned in Yog Radio #35.

postcard-012.jpg

postcard-012a.jpg

Valley Forge, courtesy of Chris Jarocha Ernst. "For Good King George!" :D

postcard-013.jpg

postcard-013a.jpg

Courtesy of Sam Friedman - now thats a Library..

Oh and the envelope stamps:

postcard-013-stamps-scan.jpg

and finally for the current round...

postcard-014.jpg

postcard-014a.jpg

- and some amazing handywork by Lee O'Connor! (I think we'll be using this illustration again.) Thanks, Lee!

DuckDodgers also sent some bootees for Fin who has whisked them away, but I'm sure Fin will post a photo of them too. ;)

More cards always welcome! :D

Paul

PoC

More postcards from around the globe!

postcard-15.jpg

postcard-15a.jpg

Another from Chris Jarocha-Ernst - from the city of brotherly love (and one I used to live in).

postcard-16.jpg

postcard-16a.jpg

MikC finds a rather suitable stone tower in Germany for summoning "olde Yoggie"! :)

postcard-17.jpg

postcard-17a.jpg

Yockenthwaite foreshadows a new character in our Walker in the Wastes game. Investigators passing their "spot hidden" checks will notice a Dundee postcard with an Edinburgh frank. ;)

postcard-18.jpg

postcard-18a.jpg

Brett Arenz our Antarctic Correspondent seems to have found more than he bargained for...

Thank you everyone for the postcards, they're fantastic to receive and share. Keep them coming! 8)

Paul

HomoLupusDomesticus

I bought a card. Now I only have to write and send it...

Newbunkle

Those cards are great - I especially like the ones from Germany and the Antarctic.

DrVincent

I'm back in Macau, so I guess I'll send you one from here.

Dr. V

PoC

More postcards in!

postcard-019.jpg

postcard-019a.jpg

Chris Jarocha-Ernst - gets around! Sent from a place I used to work at (U. Penn., not the pits of Ur.)

postcard-020.jpg

postcard-020a.jpg

From our Shanghai Correspondent, DrVincent...

Paul

cjearkham
PoC said:
Chris Jarocha-Ernst - gets around! Sent from a place I used to work at (U. Penn., not the pits of Ur.) ;)

My daughter currently works for the U. Penn museum -- administrative staff for the membership dept., while she decides what to do for a graduate degree. But I've long been a closet archaeologist, so I live vicariously through her in that regard.

Actually, if anyone saw my closets, they'd think I needed an archaeologist. [insert Groucho Marx icon here]

I love picture postcards, especially the touristy ones like the Massachusetts one which appeared early in this thread. I'm hoping others will be inspired by my persistence and send more of their own.

I also want to contribute to the thread about your home town/region, but I keep forgetting to bring my camera so I can snap the megalithic follies of Radnor, PA, next door.

Guest squashua
Chris Jarocha-Ernst - gets around! Sent from a place I used to work at (U. Penn., not the pits of Ur.) ;)

My daughter currently works for the U. Penn museum -- administrative staff for the membership dept., while she decides what to do for a graduate degree.

Some serious "Well of Souls" action there.

PoC

Chris Jarocha-Ernst has been a busy gentleman. See the wonders of the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia!

postcard-021.jpg

postcard-021a.jpg

Shades of Fight Club?

postcard-022.jpg

postcard-022a.jpg

It's true. :8E:

Feel free to keep sending them along! 8)

Paul

cjearkham

At last! Now I can send my next postcard...