Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ringo

UK TV in the USA

Mr_Lin

Yes, I'd advocate watching the TV series one - a real shame they never did another series. More WoD that CoC but recommended never the less !

I thought the top-secret-vampire-killing agency was very Delta Green and/or Conspiracy X.

The thing that really struck me about Ultraviolet was that it had this rather vague quality to it, almost as if the scripts hadn't been finished, or a few pages had gone missing somewhere. Made it frustrating and intruiging in equal measure. Davenport was/is a complete plank. Rest of the cast were good though. For all its idiosyncracies still a million times better than Torchwood.

Badger
If, by "interesting", you mean that it was so bloody horrible i had to burn my eyes out with a hot poker and pour acid in my ears, all so that i could try to ease the pain of sitting through that movie, then i'd agree.

I think Giles meant the rather excellent British TV series of 2000, featuring vampires, and not the movie of 2006...

http://www.scifi.co.uk/ultraviolet/

http://www.world-productions.com/wp/Content/shows/other/uv/uvhome.htm

Ooop! My bad.

-=b

Azure_Acolyte

I know I am a little late to the table here, but I love UK TV. I hope with the strike over here we get a chance to see more of it. But I will probably have to deal with reality TV. :cry:

I bless my cable system every day for BBC America.

I thought Jekyll was fantastic.

And I got a kick out of Life on Mars.

Something else that is worth the effort to hunt down, not British but excellent never the less, is Charlie Jade.

Mr_Lin

Yeah, <sigh> everything Spooks/MI5 isn't.

Having watched The Company over the last three weeks I think the same sentiment applies to that as well. Pure hokum, but done with a flair and conviction that's entirely lacking in our homegrown product.

It occurred to me that Michael Keaton's muttering paranoid James Angleton would make a good CoC/DG NPC. He's mad but that doesn't mean to say he's not right, sometimes. Does the real life version get a mention in the DG book? I can't remember.

Rev_Danno

Something I'd like to see America do for Television (notice i didn't say 'TV', as TV is a nickname, nicknames are for friends and TV is no friend of mine!

-David Cross) is let a show die with dignity.

Not let a show run for 3-4+ years when it should have only been a two season show, maybe 6-12 episodes a season, and a few holiday specials. American television is so bad that I haven't had cable or rabbit ears in years.

It could be worst, we could all be stuck with Sjónvarpið. I spent 2 months in ÃÂsafjörður in late '97, and was Icelandic TV horrid. The only thing good about it was 'quit smoking ads' with John Cleese, and a shower head advert that had female nudity (I was 21 at the time, and hadn't been outside of North America, it was a big deal).

Oh yeah back to topic, The Prisoner is my all time favorite BBC import