Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth III

PodMonkeys

MrFilthyIke. I'm glad you like it! :D

I just received a package from the HPLHS which I have as of yet opened (fear of sanity loss, maybe?) but I have a feeling this might be my impending doom sent by my Secret Shoggy!

jabonko

Hey Secret Shoggee,

Did you get the gift I sent?

Has your sanity been rent asunder?

CAThompson

By my count seven gifts haven't arrived yet, may be off since the HPLHS don't post here.

If you've PM'd me about a gift not arriving in the last couple of days, then I'm on it, if you haven't gotten any packages yet and haven't told me, let me know and I'll check with your shoggoth.

Also I am amazed by the folks who can hold off opening their boxes until the 25th. Mine was opened by the time I got to my bike from the post office.

OpenHeir

Hey everyone,

Though I'm not participating in this years Secret Shoggoth, I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday season. I love this forum and appreciate the people/entities in it !

:) Ron

Pookie
I got my parcel a while ago, but work is busy as hell and I forgot to chirp in a response. :)

I received my package from Podmonkeys. It was a brown box wrapped in more packaging tape than any sane person would use. Within this box was more bubblewrap than ought to exsist in one package. Within the bubblewrap was a wrapped box with a note from Pod. Within yet more packaging (I was reliving a gag XMas present from the previous XMas) was a glass box containing my actual present.

I received a one of a kind "Mountains of Madness" playset, containing an arctic explorer, a giant penguin, dead Elder Thing, live Elder Thing, and light blue Shoggoth. These are all loving displayed in the wood square with glass sides and a background picture of the Antarctic wastes.

Thanks, and Merry Yithmas!

Pictures?

OpenHeir
Pictures?

Seconded !

MrFilthyIke

Since everyone asked:

momplayset.jpg

Not a great pic, but my camera is teh suck. :)

johnnyhamper

Hmm. 25th of Dec and no bloomin' package. I'm sure its stuck in the post............ or a star vampire. Which is invisible. Where is the Powder of Ibn Ghazi when you need it?

Kadath

Hi all

Is there any news on missing package deliveries? I was really concerned to find that nothing seemed to have arrived before Xmas from Chaosium, especially as it was ordered in good time for the deadline of the 15th, the postage appeared to have been delayed by Chaosium anyway for some reason, but if it got lost in the post I will be very annoyed.

:evil:

Kadath

swj719
Hi all

Is there any news on missing package deliveries? I was really concerned to find that nothing seemed to have arrived before Xmas from Chaosium, especially as it was ordered in good time for the deadline of the 15th, the postage appeared to have been delayed by Chaosium anyway for some reason, but if it got lost in the post I will be very annoyed.

:evil:

Kadath

I think delayed orders from Chaosium are what computer programs call a "known issue" :)

CAThompson

Soooo, it';s been quiet, too quiet. Who's still missing a package? I've delt with my screwup this year (sorry JohnnyHamper) but is anyone else still without Shoggothian goodies?

OpenHeir

Hey MrFilthyIke !

I aoplogize for such a delayed response to the pic of the gift you got. That looks great ! Hah ! The Expedition guy looks great ! It's fantastic when someone takes such time for a gift.

MrFilthyIke

My wife was also interested in the playset as she also works with polymer clay. :)

OpenHeir

Awesome , yeah ! I myself, just bought some Sculpey to work with.

JeffOkamoto
Soooo, it';s been quiet, too quiet. Who's still missing a package?

Nothing here.

ash

Hey I got my secret shoggoth.

Thank you so much Andrew and Sean from the HPLHS.

I totally wanted the gift you got me which was the box set of the radio plays.

Fantastic. Can't wait to get stuck into those over the winter.

Awesome work, well done, signed too.

Did my Shoggoth get their present?

It was a book,graphic novel, audio play cd and a handpainted model of a demonic creature?

Ash.

glyph

Yep, and it was all very nice. Thanks alot :D

gloomhound

I'm still waiting.

PodMonkeys

Amazingly enough, I forgot to take some pictures of the play set before I sent it! Normally I do that, since I have a hard time parting with what I create. :P Glad you both like it! :)

Sorry it took a bit for me to post this, but I opened my gift from Sean Branney of the HPLHS and was extremely joyed to find a nice wooden box with all four of their radio drama CDs! :D Unfortunately, this was much to the chagrin of my wonderful girlfriend who got me the same box + 2 CDs, since I already had 2, meaning I now have 2 full sets! :P I'm perfectly happy because this just means I have a girl who guessed what I like the most without me having to tell her, and there's nothing like getting wonderful radio drama for Christmas from more than one person!

Thank you Sean, and thank you Tiffany! :)